• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Looks like these are the alt unis and they are for the Whisky game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wear the same boxers and the same shirt to every game. So heck yes, I do. It is called superstition and if you screw with the mojo it will bite you in the arse. Then again when we lose I usually blame it on something else.

Wow! I bet those boxers and the shirt can stand up in the corner like my athletic socks used to. Unless you wash them. But washing would take away the good vibes.

Naw....it"s another motivational gimmic, like when we wore the pajamas against Oklahoma the first time. Those undies were better though, because they were scarlet and had the cream too. These are much uglier...

It's not a motivational tool. You obviously haven't been paying attention.

It looks like the Huskers are trying too hard to be "cool" according to someone else's idea of what "cool" is.

Isn't enough to be the THE CORNHUSKERS? That's cool enough for me - at least for football..

And the last (and only) time the team wore all red pajamas, the Sooners gave us a lesson.

These new unis aren't the best that can be done - a real disappointment.

Yea, and we wore white tops when red pants in 08 when they taught us another lesson, maybe we shouldn't wear that combo any more:rolleyes:

We haven't wore black yet, how do we know that won't give us super powers on the field.....

It's just a uniform. And the players, WHOM ARE GOING TO BE WEARING THE UNIFORM, actually wanted to add black to it. It's what the kids want. They are apart of the "tradition" just as much as the old whiney fans whom claim to be a "traditionalist" and make comparison's to every other school because they see a different design for the Huskers.

I would hardly say the Sooners gave us a lesson.

Couple ahead of ya but I'm in!! BTW, the helmet in your avatar is what I would have gone with personally.

That's cool. Gives me a reason to attempt to catch up....;) And yea, I think that helmet with more white (I'm not cool with cream because from the stands it looks pink and/or dull) in the uniform than black. I was for black if they went all black with red in it, and a red helmet, but the color scheme here kind of made me rethink my vote on black (as much). But the players love it and I hear the had input on it, sooooooo.....I guess we just have to live with it.

Sorry folks!

Just expressing my humble opinion on a minor topic. Didn't mean to insult or inflict demeaning things on anyone. I just don't like these uniforms.

They can wear chartruse and indigo for all I really care.

Just play the damn game. Play it well.

An opinion on these uniforms....I am sure everybody has one. Most important is that the players like them. As for me I think black pants would be better, or at least have a black belt to keep it from looking like a spiderman outfit. To keep the weight down, rather than a black belt, maybe a black stripe would do.

Scarlet and cream are both represented because the "Huskers" on the back is cream-colored.

I think NU should be able to add a couple extra colors (black & grey perhaps) to their uniforms as long as they incorporate scarlet and cream prominately. I like the NY Giants uniforms. They use 4 colors...red, blue, grey and white.

The uniform makes a bold statement at the right time. Who is the real "BIG RED" of the Big 10? Is it Wisconsin or is it Nebraska? This uniform seems to be saying; There is only one "BIG RED" and that team wears a "BIG N".

In regard to our traditional uniforms....they look so simlar to Wisconsins that I would like us to do one thing that would distinguish ours just a bit.....trade in the red face masks for grey ones. We could also put black (or red) numbers on the helmets like in the old days (like Alabama does these days) and use the prominent block N just on the jersey.

Last edited:

An opinion on these uniforms....I am sure everybody has one. Most important is that the players like them. As for me I think black pants would be better, or at least have a black belt to keep it from looking like a spiderman outfit. To keep the weight down, rather than a black belt, maybe a black stripe would do.

Scarlet and cream are both represented because the "Huskers" on the back is cream-colored.

I think NU should be able to add a couple extra colors (black & grey perhaps) to their uniforms as long as they incorporate scarlet and cream prominately. I like the NY Giants uniforms. They use 4 colors...red, blue, grey and white.

The uniform makes a bold statement at the right time. Who is the real "BIG RED" of the Big 10? Is it Wisconsin or is it Nebraska? This uniform seems to be saying; There is only one "BIG RED" and that team wears a "BIG N".

In regard to our traditional uniforms....they look so simlar to Wisconsins that I would like us to do one thing that would distinguish ours just a bit.....trade in the red face masks for grey ones. We could also put black (or red) numbers on the helmets like in the old days (like Alabama does these days) and use the prominent block N just on the jersey.

I hear this complaint a lot and don't really understand it. They don't play every year and eve when they do it's easy to tell who is who. A big thumbs down if we ever go to a grey facemask :puke:. One thing I would be for if we really must distinguish is just to make the jersey and pants stripe match the helmet. Instead of having two stripes make it one.

Someone needs to look up scores from games where we wore all red. It isn't pretty.

Easy enough, 20-17. Wow, how lopsided can it get?

Someone needs to look up scores from games where we wore all red. It isn't pretty.

The only game I can recall when we wore all red was the Ou/Nu tussle of 1986. We had OU down 17-7 in the fourth and if Keith Jones doesn't fumble we very well could have put the game away. I don't recall any other games where we wore all red. Surrender whites, now that's a different story. Our recent history in those is pathetic.

Would you prefer all red? or all white? You get three colors basically, take your choice.

Yea.. and about that N.. don't let anything like history get in the way.
Who's talking history? I said it's ugly, especially to N on the chest.
And why are we trying to channel our inner Texas Tech?

Someone also needs to look at our scores and records about the past 11 years...it isn't pretty either, and it has nothing to do with the uni's.

Oh I don't know, how about the fact that many, many years ago we wore a uniform that had a big N on the chest.

If they did something in white with red accents would you be yelling it was "channeling our inner Rutgers"?

uniform_comp.jpg

Point was made that no matter what we do, someone else has already done something similar, so trying to equate this to another team is be beyond silly.

The uniforms look nothing like Texas Tech's. Quite crying. Just because we add black then we automatically look like a team. What about San Diego St, or Northern Illinois, Cincinnati, Georgia, New Mexico St., Louisville........we look like them too because they wear a combination of the same colors...

Even if we don't add black we would still look like Indiana, Wisconsin, Miami (OH), Ball St, Temple, Stanford..........

If they main objective was to be "different" then I'm sure the would have threw in Monkey Tan and Electric Green combinations..... This is simply to gain more revenue for the university and give the current players, recruits, prospects, etc...something to look forward to and/or be excited about for a game or two every season.

I'm sure Texas Tech can careless if we had purple added to our uniform......Some fans come up with the silliest complains rather than just saying "I don't like the uniform".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back