• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Looks like these are the alt unis and they are for the Whisky game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The uniforms look cool and funky. Glad that they are incorporating black into the uniform. A good way to honor the blackshirts. It would be cool to have a black uniform to wear for a home game once a year. To show support for the blackshirts.

myjumpsuits_2218_36979834.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious. Do you really think the color scheme has an effect on the outcome of the game?

Lol, I personally do not. Being in the military and seeing multiple uniform changes in the past few years, I can say that it does change thought processes. Some changes for the good and some for the bad.

I just brought up the wins and losses because I remember thinking that it was super cool to see a different color combination. I also remember hearing friends and family being upset when they saw the team take the field in all red because of the win/ loss history of that uniform. I just think it is kind of weird to have a record like that.

As a football player (in the way past), I will say that the uniform will have the team supercharged when they start the game. If they fire on all cylinders in the first couple posessions it could mean a great night. If they come out and lose a turnover or something, the emotional drop against a very good Wisconsin team could end up being really bad.

In the end I say it is great to see the change and just remember these are still kids who genuinely want to succeed. I guarantee not a single person who dons that uniform will ask themself how they are going to screw up.

GO BIG RED

Well the upshot of another beat down at the hands of the Badgers is that these will go quietly away.

Since so many schools are trying to be different by radically changing their uniforms,
why don't we be radically different by keeping our uniforms the same?

To me, the bottom line is this - the uniforms should be what the PLAYERS want to wear. They're not for us, the fans, or the media, or anyone else for that matter. Personally, as I've stated, I think the look is bada$$ - but if the players didn't like it I wouldn't want to wear them. I have read that Rex thinks they're awesome and wishes they could wear them for more than 1 game. If they're good enough for Rex, they should be good enough for us.

Sorry guys.. but I swear I've seen these uniforms before back in my childhood...

noid.jpg

That said, I don't like the monochrome color-on-color look, so they are very 'meh' to me. But I understand why UNL would want to wear these against Wisky. At least from a distance I'll know who I'm cheering for during that game. =)

Well the upshot of another beat down at the hands of the Badgers is that these will go quietly away.

Wisky became the one-dimensional team they always have been now they are without Wilson. Until, at least, whomever is QBing them this fall proves his worth, I think Ball won't have the year everyone is expecting.

1. Rex Burkhead likes them.

2. Rex scores touchdowns.

3. Touchdowns win games.

Ergo, I like the uniforms. Impaler might be able to agree with me here (having lived in Oregon), but alternate uniforms are a BIG DEAL to student athletes. A BIG DEAL. And the simple fact is, Nebraska has been woefully slow to adopt any changes. Even the throwback "300" uniform caused a major stir within the fan base. I'm not saying that we need to go Full-Oregon with wonky color schemes and Darth Vader costumes, but by the same measure we can't afford to look stodgy. Nebraska has tightly held onto a tradition of excellence and that's permeated all the way down to the uniforms, the atmosphere and the fans. It always stays the same.

The problem is that Nebraska has not been nationally relevant for a while. And to kids growing up, we're no longer the traditional football powerhouse with classic uniforms, we are the outdated once-upon-a-time that is still clinging to the same duds we sported in 1980. Today's 20 year olds were 5 the last time Nebraska won a national title. And they hadn't even reached middle school when we last reached a BCS Bowl.

You read that right. Taylor Martinez and Rex Burkhead were learning to write in cursive when Nebraska was getting slobberknocked by Miami in 2001.

I love our uniforms - dearly. But we must be able to convey that Nebraska is a great school to attend. We already fight enough recruiting disadvantages, we don't need an old-timer mindset to deprive us of another. These alternates - whether you like the style or not - at least convey that Nebraska isn't afraid to mix it up. We're able to maintain our traditions and still be modern and fun. The fact is, I'm tired of being behind the times compared to Notre Dame, Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Stanford, USC and more. Kids like to look flashy and the last time I checked they were the ones actually suiting up.

The red pants are about the ugliest things I have ever seen....black would be so much better. These pretty much suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back