• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Looks like these are the alt unis and they are for the Whisky game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the small numbers on the shoulder, I think the bulbous N on the front and the all red kinda throw me off. The helmet is cool and the pants are alright. The Jersey though? All white where red is and this scheme would look sweet

For those who think this uni is cool, I give you exhibit A: the 1970s. That era's fashionistas thought their garb was cool, too. You know, huge bellbottoms ... platform soles ... collars that stretched from shoulder to shoulder. This look is the equivalent of a polyester leisure suit accessorized by matching white belt and white shoes. And every bit as undignified and cringe-worthy. Gawd! There's a reason that decade's clothing will always be a source of embarassment and revulsion. This look will fail the test of time with an equal thud. There's no statute of limitations for tastelessness Years from now, it's guaranteed to produce the same sort of "what were we thinking?" reaction. It's about as cool as a 1972 Michael Jackson Burger King hat. And you thought the '02 unis were extreme ...

Now excuse me, gotta get back to redecorating my kitchen. I'm putting in dark woodwork, harvest gold and avocado appliances, beads in the doorways, and fruits-of-the-world wallpaper.

Last edited:

I have been all on board for having a cool alt uniform once a year. That however is really bad. Almost all of the fan creations I have seen have been better than that. Red tops and bottoms is always bad. Giant N on the chest is silly.

+1, agree completely.

One thing is for sure. I could care less what someone over the age of 18, not playong for our team and white feels about the look of these uniforms.

The near single color, N on the front, striped socks seems kind of old school to me. I was hoping for something new and fresh. ;)

1894Huskers011.jpg

If the 1890s is the inspiration for the garish black "N" on the alternate jersey, why not give stadiumgoers pennants and raccoon coats to complete the theme. Maybe NU can run a few plays out of the flying wedge, too.

One thing is for sure. I could care less what someone over the age of 18, not playong for our team and white feels about the look of these uniforms.

Exactly, now the top recruits might mistake us for T.Tech and we can land them. We want the best recruits to come to UNL because the team wore ugly, hip, uniforms for one game. Now, our chances of landing some 5 stars has finally arrived. We now have a chance to win our first recruiting championship.

Glory Day Are Here at Last!!!!!

Exactly, now the top recruits might mistake us for T.Tech and we can land them. We want the best recruits to come to UNL because the team wore ugly, hip, uniforms for one game. Now, our chances of landing some 5 stars has finally arrived. We now have a chance to win our first recruiting championship.

I'm sure people will be watching the game, see the big "N" on the front and think its Texas Tech...and I feel bad for the people in the stadium...they'll look down at the field, see the uniforms and wonder how they got to Texas. :sarcastic:

FWIW, I think these are just about perfect. Slight changes I would make would be make the helmet red and then simply make anything that's black, cream. I think this will look sharp on the field and love the monochrome red.

Most of my problems with this uniform could be cured by black pants. I just don't like the red on red look.

I'm not going to freak out over the uniforms. As many have said these are for the kids. If they like them then mission accomplished.

Great. No self-respecting football program should do without emulating the Texas Tech look. Not sure what's the worst thing you can say: That they remind of that storied program from Lubbock, or at least they're not as bad as Oregon's or Maryland's.

Oh, well, it's probably having the desired effect. They say that art becomes great not when it's good or bad, but when it cannot be ignored.

I am not sure I understand the 'WHITE' comment. Are you implying sometype of racism? I assume Addidas would care, because I assume they feel they will make money on selling replicas of this particular uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back