• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Looks like these are the alt unis and they are for the Whisky game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many businesses let their customers vote on what they offer. Your choice is really to keep buying your seats or let them go.

Actually, nearly all businesses let their customers vote on what they offer. If they didn't, they'd quickly be OUT of business. That said, we are also competing for recruits, and lets face it, kids love this stuff.

The only beef I have is that its for the Wisconsin game. The last thing we need is a bunch of our players getting all hyped up about how they look before a very important game in the Big 10 race.

Not many businesses let their customers vote on what they offer. Your choice is really to keep buying your seats or let them go.

Actually, customers pretty much make all the decisions for a business--or, they are out of business. It would be players (i.e. the staff) that would generally have no say in the matter.

Last edited:
Actually, customers pretty much make all the decisions for a business--or, they are out of business. It would be players (i.e. the staff) that would generally have no say in the matter.

Except NU football consumers aren't like regular consumers. Changing the uniform 1/13th of the time will have NO IMPACT (actually it will have positive impact) on sales.

Fail.

Except NU football consumers aren't like regular consumers. Changing the uniform 1/13th of the time will have NO IMPACT (actually it will have positive impact) on sales.

Fail.

I think you are wrong. I suspect TO is getting an earfull from plenty of boosters right now.

Do you really think NU players are uptight like you or do you think they are regular 18-22 year olds like Ohio's players? I will give you one guess.

First, I'm not uptight...you seem to be the one who has something on for these uniforms. I really dont care, except that these particular uniforms are especially ugly. The alternates could have been fantastic, scarlet and cream are the two coolest colors for uniforms and if they wanted to put some black in there tastfully, I think a tremendous look could have come of it. Instead, it's underwear city...we will be the laughing stock of the country that weekend. Wonder how much our kids will like that?

PS--Ohio's kids are probably "regular" or ordinary, ours shouldn't be.

Last edited:
First, I'm not uptight...you seem to be the one who has something on for these uniforms. I really dont care, except that these particular uniforms are especially ugly. The alternates could have been fantastic, scarlet and cream are the two coolest colors for uniforms and if they wanted to put some black in there tastfully, I think a tremendous look could have come of it. Instead, it's underwear city...we will be the laughing stock of the country that weekend. Wonder how much our kids will like that?

And with that your honor, we rest our case... :Biggrin:

This video might matter if those were Husker players. But they aren't, so it is wasted videotape.

Only difference between those kids and our Husker players is the school they attend. We don't have a "different bread" of kids suiting up for NU. So again, your opinion is your opinion, but fact is, kids like new clothes.

I am cool with a season ticket holder vote for home uniforms and a players vote for road unies.

You obviously didn't comprehend or purposely ignored the point of my post.

And I don't see why being a ticket holder would qualify them to having more of a say so than someone who doesn't, in your eyes. You do know that some people don't have season tickets because they can't afford them or can't afford to travel as far every Saturday. That logic is stupid. But that's "cool" with you?

That's like saying unless you make a certain amount of money per year, then you aren't allowed to have a vote in deciding who the next President will be......

Yea, that response......#EPIC FAIL

Actually, nearly all businesses let their customers vote on what they offer. If they didn't, they'd quickly be OUT of business. That said, we are also competing for recruits, and lets face it, kids love this stuff.

The only beef I have is that its for the Wisconsin game. The last thing we need is a bunch of our players getting all hyped up about how they look before a very important game in the Big 10 race.

Actually, respectable business do quite a bit of research to find out what their customers, and potential customers want, then they do their best to provide that product with reasonable prices to compete with the next business that did the same research. I can only image what it would look like if McDonald's started letting it's customers "vote" on what should be on the menu......I'm sure at some point they would have to put "buffalo wings" on the menu since a survey that I read online some years back had that as one of the top 5 favorite foods in America.:lol: I know I'd love it. While they are at it, they should have a couple domestic drinks......I don't need no damn McFlurry....:lol:

See post above. The staff would actually be the first to know what works for the company and what doesn't since they deal directly with the customers.......

I am one of those old traditionalists, but am not opposed to change. I do know what I like and also know what I don't like. When they tried the experiment back in the Osborne years they tried to fit those big bellied linemen into those tight form fitting jerseys. They looked God awful. Someone should have mentioned to the designers about scarlet and CREAM. Cream is unique to Nebraska. They should have mentioned the scrolled numerals of yesterday. A modern twist could have made everyone happy. I like the helmets, but the red over red.........uhm...........not so appealing to this old boy. They do look like PJs or long handles. They would be OK for Victoria's Secret catalog but this isn't powderpuff football.

The bold print is just a matter of opinion. You can see that just by reading through this thread.

Laughing stock? I'm thinking reality has left the room you are sitting in. It's funny how the staff & journalists see it as yet another recruiting tool, but you see it as a reason for the nation to chuckle.. You want to place a wage on who will be correct on their assessment?;)

P.S. Unless Professor X is coaching our team, our kids should be and are "regular" and ordinary. (I'm assuming you know who Professor X is)

Last edited:

completely disagree...of course there is no way to know this as I seriously doubt there will be a national poll on the Husker uniforms after the game...but nevertheless, I completely disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back