• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Lincoln Southeast DT Bryson Williams Commits To Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think TO did not offer him because he did not fit the mold for a TE on TOs teams. Jay was a great receiving TE not a great blocker. So why would he offer him?
His best offer was Wyoming. Not even KSU in the bad old days. Wyoming was a respectable WAC team and a coaching steppingstone. Never a P5.

Last edited:

I graduated in 86 from CP, Jandric
QB Gatorade all-America went to Notre Dame, along with Mickey Joseph OL also went to Notre Dame. I remember Gene Williams telling me that ISU had better steaks when recruiting!!
So I assume you knew at that point they were liars and would tell you anything to get you on campus!

QB Gatorade all-America went to Notre Dame, along with Mickey Joseph OL also went to Notre Dame. I remember Gene Williams telling me that ISU had better steaks when recruiting!!

Nebraska got Mickey Joseph, but Mickey Anderson from CP went to ND.

Bottom line as has been pointed out that even Tom Osborne lost his fiar share of kids from Nebraska.

Even though it happened just before the BobFather got to Lincoln is losing Gayle Sayers to Kansas perhaps the worst in-state defection of all?

Anyway best to Bryson except I hope we hand him his jock when we play Wisconsin.

I played in the Shrine Bowl in '86 and was on the same side as Jandric and Gene Williams. Gene was very cool and a great guy. Jandric pretty cocky. Was glad to see Gene do so well in college and the NFL.

Last edited:
All coaches should be held to the standard that they should know exactly how each high school senior will turn out to play football during the following five or six years, and if that is too severe for some, then exactly how each of the high school seniors they offer will play during that period, and in particular how each high school senior in the home state of the college will play, regardless of whether they offer.

Of course that is a silly standard.

Nebraska is thinly populated. The DC/Baltimore area has about five times as many people living in it as Nebraska. Basic statistics suggest that it will be an unusual senior in Nebraska that is better than a lot of seniors just in Baltimore/DC. If you talk about the populations of large states where NU recruits like CA, Tex, etc., the numbers become overwhelming (CA has 20 times as many people, Texas has 13 times as many). Notwithstanding intangibles that I admit are important, the fact that a Nebraska kid gets an offer from another good school only says the kid is an unusual senior in Nebraska, not that statistics are wrong and he is as good as the seniors from all other places in the U.S. where the college is recruiting.

And at the end of the day, as in all things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Bottom line as has been pointed out that even Tom Osborne lost his fiar share of kids from Nebraska.

Even though it happened just before the BobFather got to Lincoln is losing Gayle Sayers to Kansas perhaps the worst in-state defection of all?

Anyway best to Bryson except I hope we hand him his jock when we play Wisconsin.
Yes

Just looking back at Parrella's recruits his first year:

Guy Thomas - Alabama, LSU, Florida, State, Michigan, Notre Dame
Damion Daniels - Florida, LSU, Michigan, Texas, USC
Deiontae Watts - Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Texas, USC
Deontre Thomas - Michigan, Arizona State, Texas A&M
Masry Mapieu - UCLA, Iowa

If we recruit at that level... he can go after whoever he wants in my opinion. Now, the Wildeman offer was Diaco telling him what he was looking for so I didn't include him (admittedly to skew things a bit). But our final guys we are looking at to fill the final 1 to 2 spots on the DL are these guys that we are definitely top 3/5 with:

Judge Culpepper - Alabama, Gerorgia, Florida, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, USC
Daniel Carson - Alabama, Georgia, Miami, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas
Jalen Redmond - Oklahoma, TCU, Georgia

I want to again just point out we aren't passing on local guys for Louisiana kids we are taking flyers on. We are beating out Alabama and Georgia for DL. I'll trust it until it's proven Parrella and the guys he is going after can't play.

Just looking back at Parrella's recruits his first year:

Guy Thomas - Alabama, LSU, Florida, State, Michigan, Notre Dame
Damion Daniels - Florida, LSU, Michigan, Texas, USC
Deiontae Watts - Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Texas, USC
Deontre Thomas - Michigan, Arizona State, Texas A&M
Masry Mapieu - UCLA, Iowa

If we recruit at that level... he can go after whoever he wants in my opinion. Now, the Wildeman offer was Diaco telling him what he was looking for so I didn't include him (admittedly to skew things a bit). But our final guys we are looking at to fill the final 1 to 2 spots on the DL are these guys that we are definitely top 3/5 with:

Judge Culpepper - Alabama, Gerorgia, Florida, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, USC
Daniel Carson - Alabama, Georgia, Miami, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas
Jalen Redmond - Oklahoma, TCU, Georgia

I want to again just point out we aren't passing on local guys for Louisiana kids we are taking flyers on. We are beating out Alabama and Georgia for DL. I'll trust it until it's proven Parrella and the guys he is going after can't play.
One thing to say about this.
images

Difference is TO offered every one of them a scholarship.

We did not offer this kid so we have a difference in evaluation here from a competitor who seems to be more successful in their evaluations on linemen than us.

Let's not forget the difference in scholarship numbers from Osborne to now. Might have been a different story if TO only had 85 to work with back in the day.

Let's not forget the difference in scholarship numbers from Osborne to now. Might have been a different story if TO only had 85 to work with back in the day.
Ah... reasonable thought. Stop polluting things with "facts".

I thought about posting this but knew that facts don't matter to some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back