• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Lincoln Southeast DT Bryson Williams Commits To Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

Must say I am surprised that this subject has gotten so much attention today on radio/message boards, etc... :rolleyes:

This situation would make me raise an eyebrow if this staff had shown a track record of dismissing instate talent over the last few seasons, but the fact is they haven't (by a long shot).

A. HCMR and Co. have signed at least 2 instate guys in each class since they have been here ( took 4 last year if you include Broc Bando). Hell, already have one for next year in Garrett Nelson.

B. Just earlier this spring the staff implemented the "Swarm" tour, sending 9 coaches to over 50 different HS all across the state to evaluate talent, meet and further build relationships with players/coaches, etc.

C. Has continued to show that they understand the importance of the walk-on program when it comes to in state guys. From what i've read they are currently on pace to have one of the best walk on classes that NU has had in years.

Finally, it's not like these guys haven't seen Bryson Williams. He has camped at NU in the past, and they decided that he wasn't what they were looking for. Is what it is. Would much rather this staff do their due diligence to find guys that they feel fit the system rather than offering a kid just because he happens to live 10 minutes from campus. Fact: Nobody would give a crap about this kid committing to Wisconsin if he wasn't from Lincoln.

Interesting comment in this new article.

https://www.landof10.com/wisconsin/wisconsin-dl-commit-bryson-williams-natural-leader-field

"They offered that Masry kid that they even agreed I was better than. They just offered him way before my name kind if got out. It is what it is."

That's from Williams himself in the above article. Just my 2 cents but would they really tell a kid that? Especially one that we didn't even offer? GBR
Hate to say it but this sounds like sour grapes. Good luck to the kid but when you say stuff like this. Not very classy.
images

Hopefully Masry reads this and gets real POd every time he plays Wisky.

https://www.landof10.com/wisconsin/wisconsin-dl-commit-bryson-williams-natural-leader-field

"They offered that Masry kid that they even agreed I was better than. They just offered him way before my name kind if got out. It is what it is."

That's from Williams himself in the above article. Just my 2 cents but would they really tell a kid that? Especially one that we didn't even offer? GBR

Would he care or even know that we offered that Masry kid if he still lived in Illinois? I think he's going to be a decent college player, but I'm finding odd the number of people who are usually unimpressed by MR offering 3* guys but are now losing their collective mind over a 3* who moved here 3 years ago and isn't a husker fan.

Would he care or even know that we offered that Masry kid if he still lived in Illinois? I think he's going to be a decent college player, but I'm finding odd the number of people who are usually unimpressed by MR offering 3* guys but are now losing their collective mind over a 3* who moved here 3 years ago and isn't a husker fan.

He is effectively burning any bridges that might have been left. I highly doubt they would trash one kid in telling another kid they were not going to offer him. it just does not add up.

Yup a kid who has lived in state for 3 years and has no real ties to Nebraska football. Like I said best of luck to him and I hope we hand him his jock when we play Bucky.

Meh, I wish Husker fans would just ignore it and move on. I don't care if he ever sees the field at Wisconsin. He wasn't offered and wasn't a fan anyway so why the angst? I hope Mapieu has a dominant senior season and continues that level of excellence at NU.

Must say I am surprised that this subject has gotten so much attention today on radio/message boards, etc... :rolleyes:

This situation would make me raise an eyebrow if this staff had shown a track record of dismissing instate talent over the last few seasons, but the fact is they haven't (by a long shot).

A. HCMR and Co. have signed at least 2 instate guys in each class since they have been here ( took 4 last year if you include Broc Bando). Hell, already have one for next year in Garrett Nelson.

B. Just earlier this spring the staff implemented the "Swarm" tour, sending 9 coaches to over 50 different HS all across the state to evaluate talent, meet and further build relationships with players/coaches, etc.

C. Has continued to show that they understand the importance of the walk-on program when it comes to in state guys. From what i've read they are currently on pace to have one of the best walk on classes that NU has had in years.

Finally, it's not like these guys haven't seen Bryson Williams. He has camped at NU in the past, and they decided that he wasn't what they were looking for. Is what it is. Would much rather this staff do their due diligence to find guys that they feel fit the system rather than offering a kid just because he happens to live 10 minutes from campus. Fact: Nobody would give a crap about this kid committing to Wisconsin if he wasn't from Lincoln.

Some don't give a crap anyway.

1 - Not sure why we would tell him he's better than a kid slated to play a different position than what we were recruiting him for.

2 - Riley wouldn't throw a current commit under the bus like that.

3 - Parrella wouldn't throw a current commit under the bus like that.

4 - If we truly believed that, there's plenty of ways we could have got out of the Masry commitment.

5 - I don't hear one recruit calling out another very often, that's interesting.

1 - Not sure why we would tell him he's better than a kid slated to play a different position than what we were recruiting him for.

4 - If we truly believed that, there's plenty of ways we could have got out of the Masry commitment.

5 - I don't hear one recruit calling out another very often, that's interesting.

6 - Perhaps his attitude is part of why he didn't get an offer.

As I said sour grapes

6 - Perhaps his attitude is part of why he didn't get an offer.
Ive heard really good things about him from coaches and teachers. You may be right, but I think this is just a case of a 17 year old having to answer questions on why the home state school didn't offer him and offered other people when short on numbers.

Ive heard really good things about him from coaches and teachers. You may be right, but I think this is just a case of a 17 year old having to answer questions on why the home state school didn't offer him and offered other people when short on numbers.

Good to know. Thanks.

I haven't read the whole thread so I somewhat apologize if this is random but wanted to throw my :Sign2cents: in......While I don't like that he's going to be in the B1G, I'm just glad he didn't commit to Iowa!

Easily. Switch to a 3-4 being a major one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back