• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jason Peter with some interesting comments on recruiting

Yes actually I would, until the program is stable....which could take another 3-4 years...now obviously I would encourage my alma mater but..why would I want my kid to put in the work and not reap the benefits of winning? Seriously? Don't be such a homer...im a die hard but a realist...listening to you doesn't make me think we drink the Kool-Aid...it just shows we invented it

If it takes another 3-4 years before Nebraska is a stable program, Frost wasn't the right choice. Aaaaannndddd he'll be gone by then.

Tell that to the guys who were sold on being part of the turnaround for this program....yes you are correct I am currently bitter...a new OC and 2 Defensive analysts in year 3 still show we are still searching...after watching what Matt Rhule did and Mack Brown did...you are correct...but how is it fair to kids being sold on something that hasn't transpired in 3 years? i believe it will turnaround but not for another 2-3 years...

Frost and this Husker team does better than 6-6 in the ACC last year. The ACC is probably the weakest or second weakest conference top to bottom of the P5 conferences. Conversely, Mack Brown and UNC don't go 6-6 if they had NU's schedule. Rhule is no longer at Baylor so there goes the stability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes actually I would, until the program is stable....which could take another 3-4 years...now obviously I would encourage my alma mater but..why would I want my kid to put in the work and not reap the benefits of winning? Seriously? Don't be such a homer...im a die hard but a realist...listening to you doesn't make me think we drink the Kool-Aid...it just shows we invented it
So kids should only take offers from schools who are ‘winners’? I played for a team that regularly won 4 games a basketball season, and we got them to getting ranked 4th in the state. I don’t care what a team did without me, I want to think of how they’d do with me.

Last edited:
If it takes another 3-4 years before Nebraska is a stable program, Frost wasn't the right choice. Aaaaannndddd he'll be gone by then.
Define stable. If he has a good year or two, then has a clunker, is that not stable so you think he’s gone? I don’t agree.

Seriuosly? How can any knowledgeable Husker fan think that looking at the roster that SF inherited from MR. Sure were/are a lot of NFL Draft choices there, weren't there? Look at the Sr class this year, which SF did not recruit. I don't see too many NFL Draft picks there or even many All B!G Conference players-1st or 2nd team candidates, do you? So how do you expect SF to do THAT great with the last of the MR players? I'm more than willing to see what SF's vision looks like when his 1st 2 years of recruits are Sr's and Redshirt Sr's before deciding if he was the right choice. I'd say that until SF's entire roster is Redshirt Jr's and Sr's would I think it fair to see how he has done. So I am very willing to give that another 2-3 years being I could see what he has had to build up.

Define stable. If he has a good year or two, then has a clunker, is that not stable so you think he’s gone? I don’t agree.

To me, a stable Husker program is one that is winning 8 games a year on a consistent basis. Where going (God-forbid) 6-6 is only happening once a decade. That's Nebraska's potential.

I'm a bit confused by your comment "If he has a good year or two, then has a clunker, is that not stable so you think he’s gone? I don’t agree.

What do you define as a clunker? And do you think it's okay for Nebraska to win 9 games for a year or two then have a "clunker" season (I would personally define as 6-6 or worse). You'd be okay with 9-3, 9-3, 6-6, 10-2, 5-7, 9-3, 10-2, 5-7...etc.?

To me, a stable Husker program is one that is winning 8 games a year on a consistent basis. Where going (God-forbid) 6-6 is only happening once a decade. That's Nebraska's potential.

I'm a bit confused by your comment "If he has a good year or two, then has a clunker, is that not stable so you think he’s gone? I don’t agree.

What do you define as a clunker? And do you think it's okay for Nebraska to win 9 games for a year or two then have a "clunker" season (I would personally define as 6-6 or worse). You'd be okay with 9-3, 9-3, 6-6, 10-2, 5-7, 9-3, 10-2, 5-7...etc.?
Your description of consistent suggests not having a 6-6, but keeping more of a Pelini consistency. I’m saying if we can do some 9, 10 or even 11 win seasons, a 6-6 and/or 8-4 won’t create a coaching change.

I’ll say this... Frost better succeed and the fans, media, and administration better give him all the time he needs to turn it around because we’re not going to land any ‘sure thing’ for a head coach if we push Frost out. There is no better alternative out there who is going to be willing to take the Nebraska job if there’s a post Frost era within the next 5 years. I hope he gets it done soon. But any of you who think you deserve instant gratification at this point in Husker history, you are mistaken. I’m not crowning him as the second coming, but he is our best chance at success. Anymore turns of the revolving coaching carousel at NU will set the program back another 20 years. Better practice some serious fricken patience.

Seriuosly? How can any knowledgeable Husker fan think that looking at the roster that SF inherited from MR. Sure were/are a lot of NFL Draft choices there, weren't there? Look at the Sr class this year, which SF did not recruit. I don't see too many NFL Draft picks there or even many All B!G Conference players-1st or 2nd team candidates, do you? So how do you expect SF to do THAT great with the last of the MR players? I'm more than willing to see what SF's vision looks like when his 1st 2 years of recruits are Sr's and Redshirt Sr's before deciding if he was the right choice. I'd say that until SF's entire roster is Redshirt Jr's and Sr's would I think it fair to see how he has done. So I am very willing to give that another 2-3 years being I could see what he has had to build up.

Perhaps you've missed it, but N2FL continues to deny being a Husker fan. He always says "you" when talking about Husker fans. He tries hard to make sure he is not seen as a Husker homer, despite his many contributions to the Board.

A very low bar for the "potential" of NU football. When discussing recruits, potential is always kind of defined as the "ceiling" for a player. I guess the ceiling for NU football is pretty low in your opinion. I doubt many Husker fans agree that consistently winning 8 games a year is the ceiling for the program.

I’ll say this... Frost better succeed and the fans, media, and administration better give him all the time he needs to turn it around because we’re not going to land any ‘sure thing’ for a head coach if we push Frost out. There is no better alternative out there who is going to be willing to take the Nebraska job if there’s a post Frost era within the next 5 years. I hope he gets it done soon. But any of you who think you deserve instant gratification at this point in Husker history, you are mistaken. I’m not crowning him as the second coming, but he is our best chance at success. Anymore turns of the revolving coaching carousel at NU will set the program back another 20 years. Better practice some serious fricken patience.

Spot on. This can't be liked enough.

I think it will take at least 2-3 more years based on what SF has had to start with roster wise. Didn't have too many All Conference players these first few yrs, unless I missed it. Did I? Nope. How about Sr class? Nope. Face it-this program needed a massive influx of talent to begin with and it was going to take at least 4-6 years of recruiting success to be in contention for a B1G West division for starters.

Last edited:

A very low bar for the "potential" of NU football. When discussing recruits, potential is always kind of defined as the "ceiling" for a player. I guess the ceiling for NU football is pretty low in your opinion. I doubt many Husker fans agree that consistently winning 8 games a year is the ceiling for the program.

I guess I didn't elaborate enough. I think Nebraska's ceiling is better than what Wisconsin has done since Nebraska joined the conference. If Frost proves that he can develop talent as well as he recruits it, I don't see why the Huskers can't become the dominant team in the West with the capability of beating the East rep in Indy on any given day.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back