• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jason Peter with some interesting comments on recruiting

Im 100% on board with Clester…..honestly if I had a kid that had D1 talent...id tell him/her to look elsewhere for a stable program....with the exception of volleyball we are a wreck as a program...
So when and if you have offspring, we should expect your departure from this board so you can follow the board of whatever winner you push your talent towards?

broadcasters always know more then they say. I’m sure there are things every day Damon could say but if he did he’d lose that confidence from the guys who talk to him

This is definitely true, wonder who the player or former player is that is mean mouthing the program? We may never find out.

I get it, but I do think DB plays the "I know something you don't know" card a bit too much. It would be one thing to reveal just a little, but then you get a lot of "Hey <cohost> remember what I was telling you about..."
I get that. Maybe I don't mind it as much, because (1) I understand that some things are not for "outsiders" to know, and (2) I'm not in Nebraska and don't listen to him every day. Maybe it's something that comes with maturity in broadcasting. Like certain things that HCSF has said that got under opponents' skin. All true things, but maybe not the best to share with the world.

But then, inquiring minds always want to know.

I get that. Maybe I don't mind it as much, because (1) I understand that some things are not for "outsiders" to know, and (2) I'm not in Nebraska and don't listen to him every day. Maybe it's something that comes with maturity in broadcasting. Like certain things that HCSF has said that got under opponents' skin. All true things, but maybe not the best to share with the world.

But then, inquiring minds always want to know.
I think those are fair points and maybe its in the delivery. I feel like he is always made "right" (and maybe he is) no matter what. I don't recall having an inkling about some issues being raised, but when it came to light I swear he would talk about how he had been saying that all along.

Don't take this as just some DB bash. His breakdowns years ago when he was just a guest were about the only thing I tuned in for.
Aside: There used ro be something similar with Aaron Semm a couple years ago, but I don't think he was on in 2019?

I think those are fair points and maybe its in the delivery. I feel like he is always made "right" (and maybe he is) no matter what. I don't recall having an inkling about some issues being raised, but when it came to light I swear he would talk about how he had been saying that all along.

Don't take this as just some DB bash. His breakdowns years ago when he was just a guest were about the only thing I tuned in for.
Aside: There used ro be something similar with Aaron Semm a couple years ago, but I don't think he was on in 2019?

Yep, Semm stopped doing them after 2018. I think it had to do with work and family stuff making it too difficult to put in the time.

So when and if you have offspring, we should expect your departure from this board so you can follow the board of whatever winner you push your talent towards?
You should never push your children anywhere. Have discussions point out negatives and positives. It’s their decision not ours. Of my kid went to Iowa though, I would wear Nebraska gear to every game.

You should never push your children anywhere. Have discussions point out negatives and positives. It’s their decision not ours. Of my kid went to Iowa though, I would wear Nebraska gear to every game.
If my son decided he wants to go to Iowa but doesn't play a sport I'm not wearing a damn thing that say Iowa on it. Now if he plays a sport at Iowa I will wear Iowa gear, but it will be red if he is playing Nebraska and I will have a husker shirt on underneath as I refuse to let Iowa clothing sit on my skin.

And even though I will support him if he goes to Iowa he is still out of the will.

If my son decided he wants to go to Iowa but doesn't play a sport I'm not wearing a damn thing that say Iowa on it. Now if he plays a sport at Iowa I will wear Iowa gear, but it will be red if he is playing Nebraska and I will have a husker shirt on underneath as I refuse to let Iowa clothing sit on my skin.

And even though I will support him if he goes to Iowa he is still out of the will.
Lol we are in agreement

I told my daughter if she makes the Iowa marching band this year that I’d wear a shirt that says Band Dad on it sans the tiger hawk

But you'd tell your talented kid to go elsewhere...OK, we get it.
Yes actually I would, until the program is stable....which could take another 3-4 years...now obviously I would encourage my alma mater but..why would I want my kid to put in the work and not reap the benefits of winning? Seriously? Don't be such a homer...im a die hard but a realist...listening to you doesn't make me think we drink the Kool-Aid...it just shows we invented it

Last edited:
Yes actually I would, until the program is stable....which could take another 3-4 years...now obviously I would encourage my alma mater but..why would I want my kid to put in the work and not reap the benefits of winning? Seriously? Don't be such a homer...im a die hard but a realist...listening to you doesn't make me think we drink the Kool-Aid...it just shows we invented it
It sounds like you wouldn't want your kid to be part of the turnaround, but would rather they go to a frontrunner. That suggests you don't believe Frost will turn the ship around. That's fine if that's what you believe, but it seems more like something a red shirt owner would do as opposed to a die hard. Obviously the decision comes down to who your son would rather play for and in the end that's all that really matters.

It sounds like you wouldn't want your kid to be part of the turnaround, but would rather they go to a frontrunner. That suggests you don't believe Frost will turn the ship around. That's fine if that's what you believe, but it seems more like something a red shirt owner would do as opposed to a die hard. Obviously the decision comes down to who your son would rather play for and in the end that's all that really matters.
Tell that to the guys who were sold on being part of the turnaround for this program....yes you are correct I am currently bitter...a new OC and 2 Defensive analysts in year 3 still show we are still searching...after watching what Matt Rhule did and Mack Brown did...you are correct...but how is it fair to kids being sold on something that hasn't transpired in 3 years? i believe it will turnaround but not for another 2-3 years...

Last edited:

Tell that to the guys who were sold on being part of the turnaround for this program....yes you are correct I am currently bitter...a new OC and 2 Defensive analysts in year 3 still show we are still searching...after watching what Matt Rhule did and Mack Brown did...you are correct...but how is it fair to kids being sold on something that hasn't transpired in 3 years? i believe it will turnaround but not for another 2-3 years...I hope im wrong...GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back