• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is this a Power 5 staff?

Osborne and McBride changed philosophies and started winning. It was in the early '90s when they found they lacked the speed to keep up. Today we do not have players who tack it to the house they get run down. We have a short team that is not fast, We do have quick guys just not true speed on offense or defense.

So your claim is there is a difference in Elite and top notch? In the areas both HCSF and DCEC deem important (turnover margin) he was able to post ELITE results and show marked improvement both years there. Therefore there is evidence he can get elite results in the most important catagory. My stance is the jury is still out if that makes him a good coach or not but you can't fairly evaluate that based on the personnel at hand.

Your claim is "lol this guy posted something positive outlook wise but i'm angry so let me harrass him about his opinion" while posting nothing of actual substance. Additionally, since clearly you follow me around and my posts, you would have seen the post breaking down UCF's success and how our offensive scheme doesn't lend itself to low scoring D or yards allowed, but rather is predicated on momentum plays (much like our offense) which makes the ideology and scheme behind chinanders defense ideal. I'll wait to see if the results dictate the same when the pieces are in place or when I deem it's been enough time to get the pieces in place.

Feel free to explain point by point why my stance is irrational but provide a defense and scheme that WILL work with our given deficiencies.

My concept isn't as difficult as your lack of understanding is making it. This has been illustrated in numerous posts which you can PM me to clarify but instead you'd rather try and look internet cool by calling me out on something you are completely ignorant on and being willfully obtuse
Again, the keep it nice and simple for you.

My claim in this thread was that you said something you freely admit you said. Your response was that you didn’t say it, despite you later admitting you said it. Keep up, newb, and lighten up a tad.

Now this is a topic I'd love to discuss if you'd be so obliged. Feel free to state your claim as to why they are better and in what ways they've improved. Also, feel free to explain why you feel DCRS for UCF would be superior here with the same defensive deficiencies we have here.
One where they rank in D overall right now is 37th at UCF. I have no clue who the coord is and never said he would be better here. 37th is much higher than Chin was able to put up in his tenure there.

NU before today is ranked 73rd overall. That may have got it done in the Atlantic...it will not in the BIG. They have not improved over last year except overall where NU ended up...what was it? 102nd over all?

It's sloppy D players out of position constantly, poor adjustments if any.

One where they rank in D overall right now is 37th at UCF. I have no clue who the coord is and never said he would be better here. 37th is much higher than Chin was able to put up in his tenure there.

NU before today is ranked 73rd overall. That may have got it done in the Atlantic...it will not in the BIG. They have not improved over last year except overall where NU ended up...what was it? 102nd over all?

But there’s this one stat that I can cherry-pick which shows his defense is top notch!

Again, the keep it nice and simple for you.

My claim in this thread was that you said something you freely admit you said. Your response was that you didn’t say it, despite you later admitting you said it. Keep up, newb, and lighten up a tad.
If you think I claimed Chins as a top notch DC you have zero reading comprehension. So either you're dumb or you're playing dumb to suit your agenda.

My Claim: The jury is still out for Chins at Nebraska, he is underperforming here but I can't think of a scheme/defense that would work to the standard we want with the defensive deficiencies we have. He did however previously put up elite DC numbers in the categories this staff deemed most important, thus he has potential to be what we want/need him to be but can't fairly be judged here due to our personnel issues.

IF YOU CAN'T GRASP THIS CONCEPT, THEN DROP IT. It's not complex but you're being difficult and intentionally obtuse which is moderately annoying but mostly just sad.

Also, What scheme/defense would show Elite results with our defensive deficiencies? You keep avoiding the question and trying to deflect.

The thing that has bothered me about this staff is that there is no sense of urgency. I realize it’s a rebuild, etc... but they quickly went to the “need more players” pressers after Ohio state embarrassed us on national tv. I think they are confused and making excuses for this season.

If you think I claimed Chins as a top notch DC you have zero reading comprehension. So either you're dumb or you're playing dumb to suit your agenda.

My Claim: The jury is still out for Chins at Nebraska, he is underperforming here but I can't think of a scheme/defense that would work to the standard we want with the defensive deficiencies we have. He did however previously put up elite DC numbers in the categories this staff deemed most important, thus he has potential to be what we want/need him to be but can't fairly be judged here due to our personnel issues.

IF YOU CAN'T GRASP THIS CONCEPT, THEN DROP IT. It's not complex but you're being difficult and intentionally obtuse which is moderately annoying but mostly just sad.

Also, What scheme/defense would show Elite results with our defensive deficiencies? You keep avoiding the question and trying to deflect.
You’re still struggling.

I claimed you said what you said. That there was evidence that Chin is a top notch DC. Your immediate response to that? You rambled on and on about me lacking comprehension skills and you being (awww) misrepresented.

Once you admit to being wrong, I’ll respond to the rest of your rambling.

Randy Shannon is their DC, and they are 37th for a multitude of reasons...first the AAC is far less dynamic than they were when HCSF and DCEC were there which contributes to the stat distortion in my opinion.

Additionally, they are using a lot of the personnel that HCSF and DCEC brought in with little turnover. Meanwhile Nebraska has suffered tremendous roster turnover and a massive youth movement. That being said, year 2 under HCSF and DCEC the team was undefeated and putting up massive scoring output offensively, and massive turnover differentials defensive with an equally impressive margin of victory. When both of those click, this staff is the perfect compliment to each other. When either or both are off, we have what we have at Nebraska.

I doubt you have the eye to spot the subtle adjustments on defense (no offense, it's something that typically only coaches pick up on from and 99% of fans won't catch). It's hard to judge if players out of position and missed assignments are staff flaws or player limitations which is why I feel we need more time to see.

UCF also had a tremendously young defense during the 13-0 season, which natural growth and progression is why I can't fairly weigh UCF's output for DCEC to DCRS. We shall see after this year or next if UCF can maintain the success but you've already seen the play falloff from our staff to their current staff and the response there has not been well.

You’re still struggling.

I claimed you said what you said. That there was evidence that Chin is a top notch DC. Your immediate response to that? You rambled on and on about me lacking comprehension skills and you being (awww) misrepresented.

Once you admit to being wrong, I’ll respond to the rest of your rambling.
LOL deflecting again. You ever get tired of trying to hide?
Do not fear. @Pebbles09James assures us that there is ample evidence that Chinander is a top notch DC.
Where have I ever claimed "ample evidence"? Show me anywhere I have used ample in my previous posts? Chins has only been a DC for 3 full seasons, this being his fourth, which I'd argue isn't ample time to prove anyone elite or "top notch" . But there are signs and there were successes that show potential, which you still are struggling with.

Are you claiming that Turnovers forced by UCF in 13-0 weren't top notch? I will claim that that isn't ample proof (thus refuting your point and my misrepresentation by you). Will you own your lack of comprehension or continue to deflect?

Hard to look someone in the eyes when you are looking down your nose at them.

What were the most important numbers this staff thought most important? Missed tackles?

But there’s this one stat that I can cherry-pick which shows his defense is top notch!
Turnovers per game
2016: 16th
2017: 2nd
2018: T-36

Completion Percentage Allowed:
2016: 8th
2017: 33rd
2018: 33rd

Rushing Yards Per Attempt:
2016: T-28th
2017: T-53rd
2018: T-102

Opponents PPG:
2016: 42nd
2017: 52nd
2018: 88th

Points Margin:
2018: -1.3
2017: +22.9
2016: +3.8

2019 TBD for all categories

My point is I don't want to skew statistics and cherry pick. So please explain why the following should be excluded when evaluating? clearly he has been able to coach up productive units that are considerably above average. Time will tell if he can develop the talent here.

So, I pose the same question to you I've been posing to others who insist it's on the coordinator, what scheme works with our current deficiencies?
I absolutely agree. I'm not anointing Chins as our savior, I just want to see what he can do when we have the pieces in place. Maybe 2017 was an anomoly due to offensive excellence, but I've seen him be successful and I believe we don't have the pieces to see the turnaround (regardless of scheme) that fans are clamoring for. Because of that fact, I'm willing to be patient. Change for the sake of change almost never works in your favor. Once we've had that opportunity I'll have a definitive stand on him as a coach and his ability. (I'll call it 2 years from now, that way they've had 3 full classes, excluding the transition class which is always a crapshoot).
lol I especially like the "i'll explain after the game" post that you ran away from.

Hard to look someone in the eyes when you are looking down your nose at them.

What were the most important numbers this staff thought most important? Missed tackles?
Hard to respect someone who is willfully ignorant and obtuse. I'm willing to engage in discussion and meet in a respectful manner but blind @'ing me and misrepresenting the information I presented puts you too low to respect logically in which case you can't help but look down on. Not my intention but clearly he doesn't understand after multiple posts to explain. Also, I offered the route of PM but he continues to want this in the public so I'll oblige.

The number one defensive stat this staff is targeting is turnovers forced. Missed tackles are one of the main things this staff has said it can live with with their "no fear of failure" mantra so no that isn't one of those important stats. You can like or dislike that, but that's their stance and they are playing to it, unfortunately we don't have the personnel to make up for it in the areas they would like to, which just makes those deficiencies stand out more.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back