• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is this a Power 5 staff?

I know one thing, Chinander better figure out how to teach these guys to tackle. My Gawd it is flat out awful.

i get that the DC is responsible for the performance of his squad, so if they aren’t winning it’s his fault.

having said that, how many players on our defense haven’t played football since they were in diapers. If they need to be taught how to tackle in their sophomore, junior, or senior year in college, I might suspect recruiting is the bigger problem.

i get that the DC is responsible for the performance of his squad, so if they aren’t winning it’s his fault.

having said that, how many players on our defense haven’t played football since they were in diapers. If they need to be taught how to tackle in their sophomore, junior, or senior year in college, I might suspect recruiting is the bigger problem.
Do you think these 3 and 4 star athletes with multiple P5 offers didn’t know how to tackle in HS?

Do you think these 3 and 4 star athletes with multiple P5 offers didn’t know how to tackle in HS?

No. I’m thinking that maybe they looked like 3 and 4 stars out of high school, but the B1G isn’t high school.

I’m also suggesting that those who have had three defensive coordinators in their 3 or 4 years at Nebraska may have been negatively impacted in their growth and development.

Do not fear. @Pebbles09James assures us that there is ample evidence that Chinander is a top notch DC.
That’s a nice misrepresentation of what I presented but I wouldn’t expect anything more from someone with your low reading comprehension capabilities.

I’ve stated multiple times that that jury is out and it is unfair to determine our dc’s or any dc’s worth with our clear defensive deficiencies personnel wise. He had an incredible opportunistic defense that had attitude and effort at UCF when given the pieces competitive to their completion that could clearly play up. He has been successful with his scheme and it is an ideal philosophy to pair with our offensive scheme. He may or may not be fit for here but show me a defense and scheme that works with our personnel otherwise you are just another ignorant, non-contributing member complaining about things they have no understanding of and just magically wishing for it to get better, not understanding the process it takes to get there.

That’s a nice misrepresentation of what I presented but I wouldn’t expect anything more from someone with your low reading comprehension capabilities.

I’ve stated multiple times that that jury is out and it is unfair to determine our dc’s or any dc’s worth with our clear defensive deficiencies personnel wise. He had an incredible opportunistic defense that had attitude and effort at UCF when given the pieces competitive to their completion that could clearly play up. He has been successful with his scheme and it is an ideal philosophy to pair with our offensive scheme. He may or may not be fit for here but show me a defense and scheme that works with our personnel otherwise you are just another ignorant, non-contributing member complaining about things they have no understanding of and just magically wishing for it to get better, not understanding the process it takes to get there.
You said there was evidence that Chin is a top notch DC. Don’t try and cower away from that now.

Last edited:
You said there was evidence that Chin is a top notch DC. Don’t try and cower away from that now.
And those remain and were referenced in my post above (See turnover rate etc). However, the jury is still out in my books, but he has potential. Once again your reading comprehension is abysmal and you have provided nothing to show me what would be successful with our personnel deficiencies. Don't try and cower away from that now and just own that you are ignorant and spew the same drivel while not actually understanding what the problems are but still insist on being vocal about "fixing" things you clearly don't grasp.

I appreciate you trying to build a reputation off of my name but don't @me if you don't understand what you are talking about and are going to misrepresent my point. This is something that could have been handled in PM's where I'd be more than happy to educate you.

No. I’m thinking that maybe they looked like 3 and 4 stars out of high school, but the B1G isn’t high school.

I’m also suggesting that those who have had three defensive coordinators in their 3 or 4 years at Nebraska may have been negatively impacted in their growth and development.
so tackling is different with each coach?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back