• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Is anyone else blowing off the MNC game??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many are being disingenuous about saying they won't watch but maybe I am wrong.

As much as I hate seeing a rematch, this is the system we have. Interesting question, would you guys rather go back to the old system of conference tie-ins to bowl games or the BCS to make sure at least #1 plays #2?

Even with all of its flaws, I'll take the BCS. If that had been the system in the 90's, we would have got to play Penn State in 1994 and Michigan in 1997. I know we take credit for those national championships - and rightfully so - but there is a little piece inside me that hates the fact that Penn State was also undefeated in 1994 and that we had to share with Michigan in 1997.

First game was classic!! I'm really excited to see this one, especially since the BEST team DID NOT win the last one.................That being said......I dont think this one is so close

ALABAMA by 14

As much as I hate seeing a rematch, this is the system we have. Interesting question, would you guys rather go back to the old system of conference tie-ins to bowl games or the BCS to make sure at least #1 plays #2?

Even with all of its flaws, I'll take the BCS. If that had been the system in the 90's, we would have got to play Penn State in 1994 and Michigan in 1997. I know we take credit for those national championships - and rightfully so - but there is a little piece inside me that hates the fact that Penn State was also undefeated in 1994 and that we had to share with Michigan in 1997.

Great point. Its not the system that I want but its better than what we had. BYU fans are sure to disagree.

How anyone that is a fan of college football, and especially a fan of defense, the way defense should be played, is not interested in this game is beyond me!

I look forward to the game. Two great teams....winner gets the crystal football. Should be an exciting, hard-hitting spectacle.

Think any of the recruits will be watching this game?
Doesn't make much difference to me. I'm not interested in seeing another "play not to lose" snooze fest. Maybe UA and LSU will call a wider range of offensive plays tonight and it will be an exciting game tonight. I'm not betting my time on that possibility.

Last edited:
Maybe its just me, I love watching two dominating defenses square off, and these teams aren't exactly inept on offense.

Doesn't make much difference to me. I'm not interested in seeing another "play not to lose" snooze fest. Maybe UA and LSU will call a wider range of offensive plays tonight and it will be an exciting game tonight. I'm not betting my time on that possibility.

Its funny how great defensive football is labeled "play not to lose". Don't remember LSU having too many problems scoring pts this season against the likes of Oregon, Arkansas, Georgia, etc....

The truth of the matter is both teams are loaded with NFL talent on defense and your not going to see a shootout. Great defense has a way of making play calling look bad. Give credit where credit is due.

The outcome of this matchup was decided a couple months ago. Not sure why it had to be played again.I really could care less. If LSU wins again, it was a waste of a game and they proved nothing by beating a team they already beat. If Alabama wins, then the regular season was meaningless. If 'every game is a playoff' then this game should not have happened, as 'bama was eliminated earlier by losing to LSU.Big yawn...

Agree 100%.

I will NOT be watching the game tonight.

Going to watch unless it gets REAL boring and something better shows up on the schedule.

Remember all of you that are tired of the SEC love-fest. An SEC team WILL LOSE in the MNC game this year!!!!

The ironic thing about this is with, I think it was 4 weeks left of the football season, while the undefeated teams were LSU, OSU, Stanford, and I think one other team (Boise St, maybe) with Oregon, Bama and OU the closest 1 loss teams, there were threads full of posts saying how many wanted all these teams to loose a game to "show how messed up" the system was as if we didn't already express that without out it. The follow couple weeks we were down to one undefeated team in LSU with the team they had beat on the road (Bama) ranked just behind them.

Now all of a sudden everyone is crying about LSU having to play Bama again. Well, this is what you wanted isn't it. To show the injustices of this system. I would have like to see undefeated LSU vs undefeated OSU over this rematch but it just didn't fall that way. Hell, I would have love to see a B1G Conference champ Nebraska play Oregon in the Rose Bowl, but it just didn't fall that way.

We are heading into a long offseason. I'm not sure how many follow recruiting but I do. I see it just as exciting to follow as the bowl season, personally. Plus later this year the Olympics are back so that gives me something else to look forward to (I'm a track and field guy).

Honestly, this "match up" doesn't excite me (if I was to watch another rematch I would rather see a great offense involved, like Oregon vs LSU). But I am a big fan of college football so I'll be watching. I'm also a casual fan of the Tigers and I'm hoping the beat Bama by 14+. It is what it is though. SEC gets another year of bragging rights. If the nation is tired of it, then beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back