• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Is anyone else blowing off the MNC game??

Status
Not open for further replies.

What - there's a game on??? The season's over (prettyr sure it ended on Jan 2,) so I sure as heck am not going to watch two SEC teams play for their division championship AGAIN.

aren't 3 of the 4 NFL divisional games next weekend rematches of regular season games?

---
this years MNCG rematch is not what I'd hoped, but yes - I'll be watching #1 vs. #2.

There's only 32 NFL teams -- and several more games. Rematches will happen. Much less of an excuse for it happening in college football with nearly four times the number of teams -- and the fact that it's human pollsters selecting the rematch. Rematches from the same division in the same conference... ugh.

I'll watch also -- at least casually (may do something else while it's on -- but it will be on). I am probably less interested in this mythical game than most years. But it is college football, which is the greatest sport on the planet. Even though their postseason is the worst, I'll watch it for the game itself. Just wish it was LSU-Okie State (if not a playoff).

Last edited:
Not sure if I'll watch. I am just not at all interested in this match up/rematch. Not a protest or anything. Just not excited about this game. I'm not planning my night around watching this game like I would normally do for the MNC game. If nothing else is going on I'm sure I'll tune in.

There's only 32 NFL teams -- and several more games. Rematches will happen. Much less of an excuse for it happening in college football with nearly four times the number of teams -- and the fact that it's human pollsters selecting the rematch. Rematches from the same division in the same conference... ugh.

I'll watch also -- at least casually (may do something else while it's on -- but it will be on). I am probably less interested in this mythical game than most years. But it is college football, which is the greatest sport on the planet. Even though their postseason is the worst, I'll watch it for the game itself. Just wish it was LSU-Okie State (if not a playoff).

you mean they are 1/3 of the vote

is this the ...I'm taking my ball and going home thread.

The outcome of this matchup was decided a couple months ago. Not sure why it had to be played again.I really could care less. If LSU wins again, it was a waste of a game and they proved nothing by beating a team they already beat. If Alabama wins, then the regular season was meaningless. If 'every game is a playoff' then this game should not have happened, as 'bama was eliminated earlier by losing to LSU.Big yawn...

is this the ...I'm taking my ball and going home thread.

Perhaps, call it what you will. I used the term “silent protest” rather tongue-in-cheek because I’m not really doing anything other than not watching a football game. I was just curious to see if there were others that felt the same way. I’m actually a little surprised so many of you are not tuning in, even if it’s simply because you are not intrigued by the matchup or have better things to do tonight.</SPAN>

Maybe if ratings are down enough people in power will start to take notice, but it will still take a lot longer for necessary changes to be made to the system.</SPAN>

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back