• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Is anyone else blowing off the MNC game??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBugeater

Recruit
5 Year Member
I am a huge college football fan (as I know most on this board are.) I've watched most of the bowls and can't tell you the last time I missed an MNC game. However, tomorrow night I will be doing something (anything) else. Why?

For one, it's a silent one-man protest against the system...one that has for years been patently corrupt and unfair, but this year was the straw that broke my back. I know the advertisers won't notice that one less TV is on tomorrow, but I don't want to be a party to this.

Second, I am not in the mood for a 4-hour SEC gush-fest. The rest of the bowl season (including our game) was bad enough. Yeah, the SEC is great...but they don't have the market cornered on speed, athleticism, defense and overall football prowess.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else is sitting this one out as I am.

I'll be watching. Watching is more fun to me than a one man silent protest. I would have rather seen Oklahoma St play LSU, but Alabama and LSU are probably the two best teams out there. I don't like the bowl system, but I know I can't change it so I might as well try to enjoy it. The MNC is usually not as good of a game as it is advertised to be. Last year Auburn and Oregon looked kind of sloppy. I was pissed Auburn pretty much won on a dumb "the player wasn't actually down" play. In 2010 I think that would have been a good game has Colt not got hurt, but he did get hurt and it wasn't very close. Anywho, I'm rambling. I'll be watching. I'm also not particularly thrilled about an SEC 9-6 game, but hey it's the last college football game we get for like 8 months. Might as well try to enjoy it.

We will be watching. We love college football here.

The system isn't perfect, but these two teams did earn the right to be there.
I wish Okie St was in it but they aren't, so love of the sport outweighs anything else.

Hoping it is an exciting, well played game.
My bowl pick entries on Yahoo and ESPN are in the tank so I have no stress in this one !

Last edited:
Not watching. I, too, wish to avoid the sEC love-in. I saw parts of the first game- as much as I could stomach- and that was enough for me. :puke:

Not watching

Not protesting (though I think Okie Light got jobbed) just not interested in these two teams. As far as the SEC and their superiority, to me it's all about over signing. When that stops, if it ever stops, things will even out. But if Alabama signs 150+ in five years and is supposed to only have 85 on scholarship, somethings not right. So, good luck to both teams but I won't be watching.

Will watch ... But I leave this season wondering how great a playoff that included Wisconsin, Oregon, Stanford, Oklahoma State, LSU, Alabama and others. College football is too great of a sport to have such an anti climatic end.

I'll turn it on, but may not stay with it. I really don't give a rip. Somebody brought up an interesting comment on the Bronco post-game tonight. If the NFL used the BCS system, there would not have been a Steelers-Bronco game and the outcome that happened.

I hate the BcS

Yep, blowing it off...they settled this a couple of months ago. Pretty good golf going on in Maui in primetime, anyway.

Looking forward to seeing ANOTHER close game. I would rather watch a close 9-6 game ,than watch 67-56 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back