• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Hey! Phissssst everybody come over here! SHHHHH! I have a secret!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there are no 5 star recruits on the board. Only one in Bo's tenure (Baker in '08)...

How will we keep up with OSU and Michigan?!?! :rolleyes:

On a serious note though. I do really hope some day we can bring in a highly rated kid to at the very least get some national recruiting attention...

Yep, as another firm BoLeaver I will freely come in here and say I've been extremely impressed with the last week of recruiting. Also, I am glad I wasn't a person who chastised Bo for his outburst on Natty TV in and around the Iowa game as it appears to have a positive effect on our recruiting with the young folks.

It often does at many different programs. A furious coach is often looked at as a coach who will get the best out of a player. Many of the "star" recruits are trying to get to the next level and want a coach that can get them their. The media and some fans would try to get one to believe that the players are going into the locker room crying after having a coach chew them out for a "mistake".

Seems impressive. 27th overall and 4th in the Big Ten. Will that coincide with our standings in actual football games in the future? :Biggrin: No, seriously ... nice work by Bo and staff (can't argue the improvement). That said, I only get excited on signing day. Verbals remind me of the women who have come and gone in my life. :)

As we have seen numerous times verbals mean nothing. Get them to sign on the dotted line then we can be happy... That said, verbals so far have been pretty good.

Yep, as another firm BoLeaver I will freely come in here and say I've been extremely impressed with the last week of recruiting. Also, I am glad I wasn't a person who chastised Bo for his outburst on Natty TV in and around the Iowa game as it appears to have a positive effect on our recruiting with the young folks.

I was, and I still feel the same way, regardless. We know of at least one recruit that was ok with what happened.. have others come out and said that was why they came here?

But there are no 5 star recruits on the board. Only one in Bo's tenure (Baker in '08)...

How will we keep up with OSU and Michigan?!?! :rolleyes:

On a serious note though. I do really hope some day we can bring in a highly rated kid to at the very least get some national recruiting attention...

I believe one or two of the recruiting services had Aaron Green as a 5* recruit. Because while stars are cool to have, it's always about getting the talented players that fit your program also.

As we have seen numerous times verbals mean nothing. Get them to sign on the dotted line then we can be happy... That said, verbals so far have been pretty good.

Verbals have always, and still do mean something. Even if a kid changes his mind. Verbals mean that you program was atleast attractive enough for the talented recruit to consider spending the next 3-5 years in the program. De-commitments happen often but most kids go to the school they commit to. Enough for fans to be happy regardless of the option or possibility they may change their mind.

That's like refusing to smile about a young lady who asks for your information at a bar, because she could possibly see another guy on her way out the door who who has a better hair cut.

You been sniffing the herbicides again?

Seriously, how many more chances/blowouts/public embarrassments are we expected to give this guy?

It often does at many different programs. A furious coach is often looked at as a coach who will get the best out of a player. Many of the "star" recruits are trying to get to the next level and want a coach that can get them their. The media and some fans would try to get one to believe that the players are going into the locker room crying after having a coach chew them out for a "mistake".
Are you talking about the NFL as the next level, or something else?

Bo has gone and gotten some key commits at spots that we need and is continuing to at least be in play for some good players.... Much better then past couple of years in recruiting.... Nice job Bo & Co

Verbals have always, and still do mean something. Even if a kid changes his mind. Verbals mean that you program was atleast attractive enough for the talented recruit to consider spending the next 3-5 years in the program. De-commitments happen often but most kids go to the school they commit to. Enough for fans to be happy regardless of the option or possibility they may change their mind.

That's like refusing to smile about a young lady who asks for your information at a bar, because she could possibly see another guy on her way out the door who who has a better hair cut.

Verbals mean nothing until they sign (it gives fans something to cling to though).. If they did mean something then you wouldn't have to worry about others recruiting them away. Yes, verbals mean the recruit likes something about the school.. often times that isn't enough to keep them.

Even though I still have some questions about Bo, He is really really kicking butt right now recruiting!

And I am man enough to admit it and say

"Great job Bo!"

Dang, I thought for sure you were going to say "SHHH...I'm hunting wabbits!" Or at least you were going to tell us the secret to raising your yummy corn.

Last edited:

I do chuckle, however, when a kid verbals to the Huskers, we call him "N." When a kid we were recruiting verbals elsewhere, we say "we still have a chance."

But again, this a certainly a positive trend in recent weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back