• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Heisman Finalists Named

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGIII is the best player in the country this year. Certainly doesn't mean the heisman voters will see it that way though...

The Honey Badger has no place in NYC in my opinion, not with people like Brandon Weedon, Lamichael James, Russel Wilson, Case Keenum, and Kellen Moore sitting at home.

absolutely! talk about someone all of a sudden getting stuck on the list because his team had a good year. he deserves it less than any of those guys u just mentioned!

Amazing Keenum can be taken off the list for one game. I think he should be up there before I Trent Richardson, Tyrann Mathieu, and Monte Ball. Not that those guys aren't worthy, but really. Keenum has broken records left and right all season. I think he broke the record for records being broken while breaking a record....;)

Yes, definitely agree about Keenum being up there before some of those other players.

Thanks for the link Cardinal. I was on that all the time during the Suh run; checked it everyday and had forgotten about it completely.

CT, check out this link, in which Stanford Coach Shaw talks about what Luck does that doesn't show up in the stats that makes him so unique and that makes the pros drool over him. Start the video at the 2:00 minute mark and watch to the 10:30 minute mark. Pretty cool.

http://heismanpundit.com/2011/11/30/david-shaw-makes-heisman-video-presentation-for-andrew-luck/

Last edited:

I want Griffin if for no other reason than how Baylor (and Griffin) mauled Texas last week.

He's probably the best player in college football.

he's definitely deserving of the trip to NYC. fierce defender with an incredible nose for the ball... highlight reel plays all season on both defense and special teams...and without a doubt the MVP of the #1 team in the country. he's the closest i've seen to charles woodson since woodson won it. and he's shown the most impact on his defense since suh was invited to the ceremony.

i'd still probably take RGIII over him... but mathieu might be my #2.

I can't believe the hype around Ball was so quiet. Dude has 38 TD's and will likely break the record in their bowl game. That is insane to not be considered a favorite. Definitely deserves to be there.

I can't believe the hype around Ball was so quiet. Dude has 38 TD's and will likely break the record in their bowl game. That is insane to not be considered a favorite. Definitely deserves to be there.

little surprise for sure....wait now that i think about it, it will come down to richardson and mathieu....sad

my list:

RG3
ball
luck
weeden

Amazing vote by Herbstreet

Amazing to me that Herbstreet said he voted Richardson first. I wasn't sold on Ingram a couple of years ago and this one just boggles my mind. His stats aren't eye-popping but Herbstreet's argument was that he performed week-in and week-out against the best competition.

And here's where I get a little nervous. ESPN is in bed with the SEC, no question, no doubt. And it's big bucks. So even though ESPN doesn't have the BCS championship game, two SEC teams certainly raised the profile of the SEC. Now Herbstreet votes for Richardson over the performance of RG3, Ball (hey, 38 TDs is a pretty good season), heck, even Keenun.

Maybe it's all up and up. But maybe no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back