• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Head Coach Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know zero about Carey (who does he coach?), but I like your analysis. Golden would be as very attractive hire, but DeRuyter is intriguing.
And I agree with the hope for Bo to right the ship. It's just getting hard to believe he can.

I'm not advocating for him but if you'd like a look, ESPNU has All Access at Northern Illinois at 5:00 eastern today.

I'm already disliked by one pompous blowhard on the site. What's one more, "Knowledgable (sic) Football Guy"?

He did the exact same thing when he initially signed up at Huskerpedia. How embarrassing! The N stands for knowledg (sic).

It is dramatically easier for a sportswriter to point out who should have been hired than it is for an AD to actually hire the correct individual.

This is true. However, Mandel is not saying we should have hired anyone in particular. All he's saying is that there are plenty of innovative coaches who would be interested and they'd be a step up from Pelini. I'm throwing Mandel's opinion in here because cm thinks there's no way that any half-viable candidate would ever be realistic for us.

I haven't suggested that Frank be brought back. I don't think anyone else here has either, though I haven't read the entire thread.

Head Coach Possibilities is the thread and I didn't call you out. Under this thread title, Frank is irrelevant. He ain't coming back. Rather get names of realistic possibilities coming to Lincoln that's all.

Head Coach Possibilities is the thread and I didn't call you out. Under this thread title, Frank is irrelevant. He ain't coming back. Rather get names of realistic possibilities coming to Lincoln that's all.

This is the thread in which you posted. There are plenty of references to viable head coach candidates within this thread. Your comment seemed out of place and time. No one here was suggesting that Frank be brought back.

This is true. However, Mandel is not saying we should have hired anyone in particular. All he's saying is that there are plenty of innovative coaches who would be interested and they'd be a step up from Pelini. I'm throwing Mandel's opinion in here because cm thinks there's no way that any half-viable candidate would ever be realistic for us.

It is infinitely easier for a sportswriter to suggest that multiple candidates are available to fill an occupied coaching position than it is for an AD to make the correct decision about said coach.

It is infinitely easier for a sportswriter to suggest that multiple candidates are available to fill an occupied coaching position than it is for an AD to make the correct decision about said coach.

This is also true. I guess I'm willing to take the risk of our AD making the wrong decision because at this point it doesn't seem like anyone could do any worse. Maybe I'll change my tune in a few weeks after we've played NW, Michigan, and Michigan State. I hope we can go on a run like last year. It just doesn't seem like the coaches have the team prepared for that.

This is also true. I guess I'm willing to take the risk of our AD making the wrong decision because at this point it doesn't seem like anyone could do any worse. Maybe I'll change my tune in a few weeks after we've played NW, Michigan, and Michigan State. I hope we can go on a run like last year. It just doesn't seem like the coaches have the team prepared for that.

This is just silly.

Could Bill Callahan do worse?

And the point when I start trusting Mandel's judgment with respect to college football in general, let along Nebraska football, is the day I'll quit following the game.

He did the exact same thing when he initially signed up at Huskerpedia. How embarrassing! The N stands for knowledg (sic).

You've run more good posters off this board than anyone simply by being your boring self.

I could match wits with you with half of mine tied behind my back.

Not even Solich could do worse.:stirthepot:

very-drunk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back