• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Head Coach Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

oh wow .... I obviously slipped somewhere then.... the Bobcats were better than I thought.

I am certain, however, Temple went 0-11, 2-9, and 1-11 the three years prior to Al.

Thanks for the correction.

And you know that Golden inherited a former BCS team that stepped down to the MAC, right?

What would Kentucky, to pick a name, do in the MAC? Probably pretty well.

LOL. Really? You turn the truth completely upside down to make your argument?

I have not seen or read of any "foul mouthed" abuse of coaches by the fans. But I have noticed some foul mouthed abuse of fans by the Head Coach, along with lots of childlike behavior:

[NOTE: thought I could find a censored Pelini rant, but couldn't. Don't feel comfortable posting the words he actually launched at fans]

Yeah...Bo is a real level-headed guy...classy.
It speaks! And here I was trying to avoid responding to your drivel, like the delusional comment about being patient, because you thought I was stalking you. You're about as patient as a rabid dog.
First, if I were turning the truth upside down, at least I have an idea of what's true. You're so far out of touch with reality, you wouldn't know it if it ran you over.
Second, if you've never heard foul-mouth abuse of a coach, Pelini included, you've never attended a game. Until you do, check out Twitter responses on players' accounts. (Admittedly not Bo, but abusing the players is worse.) Or just hang out with your currently vacationed buddy Hujan. You'll hear some choice words.
Third, Bo's not always level headed, but his rant, unlike those of the fans I mentioned, was private, never intended to see the light of day. But some lowlife scum secretly recorded and released it. Say, where were you that night?
I don't have your gift for schadenfreude, but one of the positives about seeing Bo fired will be guessing the number of games it will take for you to turn on his successor. And you will.

And you know that Golden inherited a former BCS team that stepped down to the MAC, right?

What would Kentucky, to pick a name, do in the MAC? Probably pretty well.
Temple was quite possibility the worst BCS team out there. Don't forget, the Big East wasn't very strong then.

Kentucky has had some competitive years in the SEC.

But to get to the point, Temple was pathetic before Golden. It doesn't matter which conference they were in, they were lousy. In the 5 years prior to Golden, they were losing to Villanova, Kent, Toledo, Buffalo, etc.

Did Golden have the benefit of moving to a weak MAC conference? Is that the argument? He got to dominate the MAC, playing the MAC weaklings as opposed to the Big East schedule? Interesting. :)

Last edited:

Don't do me any favors. The "fixed it for ya" line is old and unimaginitive. If you believe Frank was a lousy head coach, fine. But don't alter my posts to make it look like I agree with you.
I used it because it was a familiar line; people know what it means.

I already don't like you, don't make it worse.

Last edited:
Temple was quite possibility the worst BCS team out there. Don't forget, the Big East wasn't very strong then.

Really? Miami, Va Tech, WVU, Boston College, off the top of my head, were all competitive to very good programs in the early to mid 2000s.

Kentucky has had some competitive years in the SEC.

Yeah? Ok, insert Duke or Vandy, who were both about as competitive as Temple in those years... something tells me they would have been better against a MAC schedule, too.

But to get to the point, Temple was pathetic before Golden. It doesn't matter which conference they were in, they were lousy. In the 5 years prior to Golden, they were losing to Villanova, Kent, Toledo, Buffalo, etc.

Did Golden have the benefit of moving to a weak MAC conference? Is that the argument? He got to dominate the MAC, playing the MAC weaklings as opposed to the Big East schedule? Interesting. :)

I think you're trying to twist the argument. I'll break it down for you:

1. BCS schools have always benefited from better exposure and recruiting than mid-majors, many times because they have much larger budgets
2. Said benefits result in better recruiting, even if it is squander by poor coaching (i.e., Temple likely had better athletes, on average, than MAC schools, even in the bad years)
3. Temple pre-Golden looks worse record-wise than, say, Ohio pre-Solich, because they had been playing consistently much tougher competition.
4. Temple was a very weak program, but so was Ohio and only revisionists with an agenda would pretend Ohio was in better shape when Solich and Golden took over, respectively.
5. Despite taking over similarly bad programs within a year of each other, Solich owns a 3-1 record against Golden. He also has more appearances in the MAC championship and more bowl victories.... Golden came close on the MAC championship appearances, but was thumped 35-17 by Solich led Bobcats.

Conclusion: If people are impressed by Golden, they should be equally impressed (at least) with Solich.

Personally, I find what Solich at Ohio more impressive than what Golden did.

I already don't like you, don't make it worse.

pcipw.jpg

Really? Miami, Va Tech, WVU, Boston College, off the top of my head, were all competitive to very good programs in the early to mid 2000s.

Yes, really. I'm not saying the Big East didn't have some good or very good teams. The conference as a whole, however, was not very strong. We are talking about the years 2001-2003.

Yeah? Ok, insert Duke or Vandy, who were both about as competitive as Temple in those years... something tells me they would have been better against a MAC schedule, too.

You're basing your argument on something that is just impossible to figure out. You're ignoring the larger picture, which is that Temple was PATHETIC before Al Golden arrived.

In the 5 years prior to Golden's arrival, it's not like Temple was just losing to strong Big East teams. They had losses to 1AA Villanova, Kent, Buffalo, etc, etc.

1. BCS schools have always benefited from better exposure and recruiting than mid-majors, many times because they have much larger budgets

2. Said benefits result in better recruiting, even if it is squander by poor coaching (i.e., Temple likely had better athletes, on average, than MAC schools, even in the bad years)

I think you are severely underestimating just how poor of a program Temple was. Temple's recruiting was typically just as poor as most of the mid-majors.

2002 Rivals Team Rankings (mid-majors and Temple)
#56 - UCF (MAC)
#81 - Western Mich (MAC)
#81 - Buffalo (MAC)
#86 - Akron (MAC)
#88 - Eastern Michigan (MAC)
#91 - NIU (MAC)
#95 - CMU (MAC)
#97 - Temple
#99 - Bowling Green (MAC)
#100 - Cincinatti (MAC)
#101 - Marshall (MAC)
#102 - Miami OH(MAC)

Golden doesn't just have what he did at Temple (which was very impressive). He also has what he's done at Miami.

If you're as impressed with what Solich has done at Ohio as you appear to be, and if you agree that Golden did a similar remarkable job at Temple (and add in what he's done at Miami), if a change was made would you then be okay with NU going after Golden?

Last edited:

Don't do me any favors. The "fixed it for ya" line is old and unimaginitive. If you believe Frank was a lousy head coach, fine. But don't alter my posts to make it look like I agree with you.

Nobody said that he was lousy but to say he did an excellent job at Nebraska is delusional.

It happens to be against the rules here. Had you done it to me, I wouldn't have been as nice as John. You need to knock it off.

Thank me for helping you gain some knowledge.

Nobody said that he was lousy but to say he did an excellent job at Nebraska is delusional.

That comment is delusional. Solich continues to be an excellent coach. You and cibolo were wrong about him. That appears to embarrass you.

That comment is delusional. Solich continues to be an excellent coach. You and cibolo were wrong about him. That appears to embarrass you.

He is good at Ohio, certainly not excellent. What he did at Nebraska was far from excellent.

Your blind faith is commendable though.:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back