• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Head Coach Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWVAHusker

Starter
20 Year Member
I'm not sure if I want to go in the direction of a first time HC again but IMO Eichorst should have Scott Frost on his list. IMO Turner should be on that list as well. It looks like Fitzgerald may be available at the end of the season because their season has collapsed even worse than Nebraska's.

Any other options? I'd hire Mora in a second but I don't think Nebraska's got enough money to out bid USC or UCLA.

I'm sure Houston Nutt is available at a reasonable price ;)

I hope the AD has a list of HC and has quietly been talking to them and lining up money to get a to them here.

As much as I hate, hate Nick Saban as a person, he's a heck of a coach. Think we can muster the money for him! :Biggrin:

I would put All Golden on the list, or.....actually any other coach in the country that has a pulse right now would be an improvement.

On the short list:
  • Schiano - was good in college, not in the pros, but so were Saban and Spurrier.
  • Frost - obvious connections and a few years at Oregon are upsides, lack of HC experience the obvious downside.
  • Peterson - may be the year he listens

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back