• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia...

Maybe if you're 3rd string or worse, sure. Second string? In a close competition? With the style of offense being run? True freshman in front of you?

Man, all of those reasons scream stick it out to me.
And being a redshirt freshman himself. If everyone at every position had that kind of attitude we'd have an awfully small team.

Edit: and dont give me the "QB is different cause only 1 plays" bullcrap either. How many offensive lineman were rotating today?

Last edited:

Go find an opportunity for yourself to succeed long term—bad teammate.

Stay in a spot that requires you to hope the starter gets hurt so you can play and showcase your skills—good teammate.

Jesus guys
Or, ya know, try to BEAT HIM OUT, like a real football player, instead of giving up 5 days before the season because you're not the starter game 1.

Last edited:

1610 saying our fans are blowing up Gebba's twitter. Can any of you twit people :) confirm?

If true, totally embarrassing. And it should confirm even more to Gebbia that he made the right decision in departing. There's a lot of nasty people in our fan base.

P.S. Garbage like this sends a very ugly message to potential future recruits.

Last edited:
No one expected the very first true Freshman to play for Nebraska in the history of the program to be perfect. His play, however, was incredible for a kid who had never played and was WAY MORE than was necessary to easily win. He was hardly the only one making mistakes. His probably weren't even the worst. If Gebbia was still here and Martinez didn't get hurt there wouldn't be anyone...besides maybe yourself...even bringing his name up. Just drop it you are embarrassing yourself.
No I’m not. You are. I’m telling the damn truth here. He was a solid #2 QB in an offense where the QB can get dinged up. Couple with a guy who had a significant injury already. Gebbia can throw it. Some of you that are saying he can’t run this offense are absolutely ridiculous. Go look at McKenzie Milton at UCF last year.dude threw for over 4000 yards. Kid made a poor decision. Cried and took his ball and went home.

This whole notion that Gebbia is transferring so "he can start" somewhere else is B.S. He has no guarantees to start at Oregon State. There's nothing wrong with being a backup QB who is prepared to play at any given chance and the possibility of becoming a starter due to injury. Any player that plays at any D1 program knows they could be a "backup." So, I agree, Gebbia shoulda stayed with the possibility of being a starter due to injury. Furthermore, this only strengthens the argument that the team should have named co-starters if they truly believed that both had the talent.

With that being said, Martinez looked fantastic at times and I'm excited for his future. He does appear to be the real deal.

Hey Scott... More advice over here.

Comedy

He only "gave up" because you think he gave up. He is learning a playbook for an offense that suits him with a chance to start for the next 2 years. Here he is not beating out AM and this staff had proven they are a 1 QB staff. See MM at UCF and the struggles he had in their 6-7 season. He believes you let your true frosh grow and you come out swinging in year 2. Where in their history does Gebbia fit in? Why not bag on Vedral for "giving up" on UCF for transferring to a staff and style that he feels fit him? I get the homer goggles but take a step back and gain perspective instead of being bitter scorned fans.

I see that as a decision for the 3rd or 4th string QB...the thought of NEVER seeing the field. But being the 2nd string, behind a kid that hasn't taken a snap in almost 2 years, in an offense where it's extremely conceivable to get dinged up...that's a scenario that could absolutely place you into a position to get an opportunity to move ahead.
Let me end this debate because you seem to be confused on what Gebbia wants...

Gebbia's goal isn't to play a game here or there if the starter is banged up or in mop up time. His goal is to be drafted and play in the NFL. So, for 10,000 Schrutte bucks.... how many backup QBs on spot duty in college are playing in the NFL now? How many have been drafted? Your answer to those is why Gebbia left.

Everyone is getting Husker fan thought process confused with Gebbia thought process. I'll simplify it:

"Husker fan not worried about kids future just the Nebraska football teams" : Should have stayed because someone can always get hurt and you end up starting a few games. See Martinez hurt! Gebbia made the wrong call!

"Gebbia or any QB wanting to get drafted or play in the NFL that has eligibility left": Go where you are going to start and have a ton of film to show NFL scouts what you can do. Not just a few games when the starter is injured.

Based on who you are there, is why you are right or wrong in the Gebbia transfer discussion. I lean towards a kid doing what's best for himself, even tho it puts my team in an awful spot. It sucks, I get it. Gebbia got the best advice he could. It was the same advice Baker Mayfield, Cam Newton, and Russell Wilson got. When someone can find me an example of a guy getting beat out by someone his same age, sticking it out, and still getting drafted, i'll shut up. But I have a feeling we will be waiting a while except the once every 7 or 8 years exception the rule, not the norm.

That's just rediculous. People need to leave him alone. What joy is there in bashing Tristan on his Twitter. :(
I agree. Blowing up his Twitter is petty and juvenile, however, that does not make pointing out the error of his decision invalid.

Agree with you, dude. Gebbia got bad advice. He has no guarantees to start at Oregon State. He could be playing next week with the possibility of playing the whole season and being a "starter."
But this thread never starts if Martinez doesn’t get hurt. Then Gebbia becomes some afterthought quitter recruited by a lifetime loser we all should have known would fail.

This thread was contingent on Martinez getting hurt, as was Gebbias opportunity here.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back