• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia...

In an offense that doesn't fit your natural skill set, by a staff that isn't who tabbed YOU as "their guy," behind a true freshman that the fanbase has been craving to see. 10 out of 10 times you transfer. No one bags on Joe Burrows for transferring from OSU after a QB competition but when it happens to our team it's the end of the world? We will be fan and Bunch played well. Gebbia would have changed nothing.

It's the way this staff milks the clock is what our fans won't like, he uses tempo to wear down the defense and prolong drives, unfortunately we made a couple costly mistakes that have fans questioning but if spielman catches that ball we all expect we keep it going and more than likely get the W. If Reed plays the ball even for a second we get the W. Tons of ways to win we just made a lot of mistakes.

Big difference between a bad play on the field and something the coaches have complete control over.

C

He did struggle at times today. He didn’t protect the ball. Made some great plays and definitely has talent but he was NOT flawless as you are suggesting. How in Gods great land do you know Gebbia couldn’t do as well? Kid bailed on hugely bad advice.
Agree with you, dude. Gebbia got bad advice. He has no guarantees to start at Oregon State. He could be playing next week with the possibility of playing the whole season and being a "starter."

Last edited:

Maybe if you're 3rd string or worse, sure. Second string? In a close competition? With the style of offense being run? True freshman in front of you?

Man, all of those reasons scream stick it out to me.
Exactly. Stick it out. Perseverance generally will pay dividends. I’d bet Gebbia is absolutely kicking himself right now.

He did struggle at times today. He didn’t protect the ball. Made some great plays and definitely has talent but he was NOT flawless as you are suggesting. How in Gods great land do you know Gebbia couldn’t do as well? Kid bailed on hugely bad advice.

No one expected the very first true Freshman to play for Nebraska in the history of the program to be perfect. His play, however, was incredible for a kid who had never played and was WAY MORE than was necessary to easily win. He was hardly the only one making mistakes. His probably weren't even the worst. If Gebbia was still here and Martinez didn't get hurt there wouldn't be anyone...besides maybe yourself...even bringing his name up. Just drop it you are embarrassing yourself.

Our fan base is embarrassing after losses. This post is no different.
I disagree with painting our fan base based on a few comments from a FEW disgruntled ones. We have a pretty good fan base and the VAST majority will take this game as is and be thankful SF is our HC!!!

1610 saying our fans are blowing up Gebba's twitter. Can any of you twit people :) confirm?

Outside of the injury AM did nothing that would warrant replacing him with TG.

C

It's the way this staff milks the clock is what our fans won't like, he uses tempo to wear down the defense and prolong drives, unfortunately we made a couple costly mistakes that have fans questioning but if spielman catches that ball we all expect we keep it going and more than likely get the W. If Reed plays the ball even for a second we get the W. Tons of ways to win we just made a lot of mistakes.
I agree. Always what if’s. Even in the loss lots of encouraging things out there.

How do we know if the advice that Gebbia received was good or bad when we possibly don’t know what Gebbia’s long term career goals are as a football player?

Maybe he doesn’t care about conference championships. When was the last time Nebraska sniffed a conference title?

Maybe he stayed to gain some experience in a different system, simply to see if he could be effective in it.

Seems to be a lot of assumptions being made by a lot of fans thinking they know what was right for Gebbia’s future.

I personally wanted him to quit football and become a doctor at Creighton.

The coaches had control of the tempo. They just have a different philosophy on how to bleed then clock then you. There's a reason they are in the coaching profession and we are the ones watching them. They have the track record. If our offense completely changes philosophy in that instance that is different from how we ever practice, why in the world would that be more successful?

I bet he isn't because he is already learning the playbook to compete for a starting job not just this year but for the next 2, which would not be the case if he "stuck it out" just for you.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back