• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia...

Milking the clock should be common sense. I love the coach. NU will be fine. Not bitching about the coach at all.
It's the way this staff milks the clock is what our fans won't like, he uses tempo to wear down the defense and prolong drives, unfortunately we made a couple costly mistakes that have fans questioning but if spielman catches that ball we all expect we keep it going and more than likely get the W. If Reed plays the ball even for a second we get the W. Tons of ways to win we just made a lot of mistakes.

Yes I saw the game. Guy has a bit of history with injury. The way he plays makes an injury more probable. I disagree with you. I guess you’re saying Gebbia sucks. He was a pretty highly rated QB himself. One play away. Could have struggled also. He did at times today against a yet to be determined CU squad.
he would be far worse in this Off than AM would be

Wait, sticking it out as the 2nd string means you hope the dude in front of you gets hurt? Really?

I seem to think it's more prevalent for the 2nd string to be ready to go IN CASE that happens.

Sure hope He got promised the starting job at OSU, cause if not, he's running out of eligibility.
That's your mentality if you are 2 years behind them. Not if you are the same age and you play a position that only one guy plays during games. That's absolutely the mentality. Now, if you are a freshman and Martinez is a junior, you are correct and getting ready to go in case something happens while you wait your turn.

Not when you are the same age. Cause if you don't beat him out now, you never will. Go look at Martinez's stat line while healthy.

Also CU got a very generous 4th down conversion spot that turned the tides a lot. Bias or not the ball was spotted about a half yard further than what it should have been.

Bingo. Horrific advice he got.

giphy.gif

Yes I saw the game. Guy has a bit of history with injury. The way he plays makes an injury more probable. I disagree with you. I guess you’re saying Gebbia sucks. He was a pretty highly rated QB himself. One play away. Could have struggled also. He did at times today against a yet to be determined CU squad.
Highly rated QB brought in to run a completely different offense. You transfer out every day that ends in Y if you are the same age as the guy they recruited here to run their offense, unless you are banking on an injury to play.

Not a chance anyone smart takes.

Also CU got a very generous 4th down conversion spot that turned the tides a lot. Bias or not the ball was spotted about a half yard further than what it should have been.
Yes it was that spot that lost the game

Wait, sticking it out as the 2nd string means you hope the dude in front of you gets hurt? Really?

I seem to think it's more prevalent for the 2nd string to be ready to go IN CASE that happens.

Sure hope He got promised the starting job at OSU, cause if not, he's running out of eligibility.

Even if he got promised the starting job, that's definitely not a guarantee of anything. We've all seen or heard about situations where a coach simply either goes back on his word, or he gets fired before the kid he promised the starting job gets it. IMO there's a higher likelihood of OSU coaches getting fired than Frost's staff getting fired over the next few years.

That's your mentality if you are 2 years behind them. Not if you are the same age and you play a position that only one guy plays during games. That's absolutely the mentality. Now, if you are a freshman and Martinez is a junior, you are correct and getting ready to go in case something happens while you wait your turn.

Not when you are the same age. Cause if you don't beat him out now, you never will. Go look at Martinez's stat line while healthy.

I see that as a decision for the 3rd or 4th string QB...the thought of NEVER seeing the field. But being the 2nd string, behind a kid that hasn't taken a snap in almost 2 years, in an offense where it's extremely conceivable to get dinged up...that's a scenario that could absolutely place you into a position to get an opportunity to move ahead.

This whole notion that Gebbia is transferring so "he can start" somewhere else is B.S. He has no guarantees to start at Oregon State. There's nothing wrong with being a backup QB who is prepared to play at any given chance and the possibility of becoming a starter due to injury. Any player that plays at any D1 program knows they could be a "backup." So, I agree, Gebbia shoulda stayed with the possibility of being a starter due to injury. Furthermore, this only strengthens the argument that the team should have named co-starters if they truly believed that both had the talent.

With that being said, Martinez looked fantastic at times and I'm excited for his future. He does appear to be the real deal.

Anyone who honestly believes Gebbia would be any closer to playing based on Martinez overall play clearly didn't watch the game. Injuries happen. Gebbia screwed this team by leaving, that was my thoughts on the day it happened. He left his teammates high and dry and now its going to hurt them (if Martinez is really out for the year).

But the initial thoughts in the OP about Martinez overall play are ridiculous.
He did struggle at times today. He didn’t protect the ball. Made some great plays and definitely has talent but he was NOT flawless as you are suggesting. How in Gods great land do you know Gebbia couldn’t do as well? Kid bailed on hugely bad advice.

For goodness sakes, forget Gebbia. The team played great today and once they stop those mistakes, and get a little seasoning, it's going to be a great year.
This... X 10. TG is in my rearview mirror and will stay there. WTH do some people expect for our opening game against a REAL opponent? CU is a pretty good team and we made FIRST GAME mistakes then lost our starting QB who is a big time difference maker.

Anyone questioning HCSF needs a check up from the neck up............

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back