• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia did not attend Practice this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing absolutely does suck, but it's his decision to make. If he doesn't want to be here then he needs to go.

I agree.

I just don't get the outrage from fans over this.

While I'm not outraged, I do understand the opinion of those who feel that he quit on the team and understand while they might not have a favorable opinion of him at this time.

Last edited:

Not sure why anyone watches film on these kids in HS then. NFL takes these young men based on their college play.

lot of talk about how good he is is the records he left behind in HS
Do you really need a list of 4/5 star HS players that totally bombed at the next level? Same for the NFL especially when it comes to QB's. How many Heisman QB's went on to have great NFL careers?

Bottom line there is a decent chance TG turns out to be a good college QB.... just how good remains to be seen.

Mispelt oppoite.
No....I didn't. He came here to play in a pro style offense because, well, he is a pro style QB. He did everything he could do to compete this season, but he was outmatched by a QB who is suited for this offense; which will never be an offense suited for TG. He has the ability to be a pro, so he did what he had to do. But while here, no one can ever complain. He's was/is a classy young man...but the writing was on the wall.

If you were in a job that didn't put you in the best position to succeed or use your full skill set, you would be brushing up your resume too. :Wave:

Just so we're clear, you want Gebbia to sacrifice a year of eligibility and put himself behind learning a new offense simply so NU can have a sure fire backup QB this season? I mean, be ecstatic if he did, but I don't blame the kid for choosing a different route. It sucks for us, but it's his future.
It is a sign of weakness to explore options that might be beneficial to oneself. Or so I’m told.

If this kid was that close to starting for SF, he’s got some talent, maybe nfl talent. All of this “WEAK!!” and “FOR THE TEAM!!!” High school level hubris directed at the kid is really unfortunate. If you think you can get to the nfl and basically learned that you won’t be doing it from NU, I don’t blame him for exploring his options. I can only assume everyone going after Gebbia has never looked for a better situation, applied for a job while holding another, etc. Bunch of middle aged dudes calling a 19 YO kid names because of football and he’s the coddled wimp. SMH

I’ll be disappointed if we lose him, but it’s his life and NU will be fine long term. Better get used to wimps coming in at QB too.

And to all of you who told me that we would not need Bunch as a starter this year (and who knew even Masker :) )..... Can you hear me now?

Doing what’s best for him. Tough to be mad at that even tho it really puts the team I care about in a bad spot. Tough season just got tougher.
Yes, it does suck to now not have a real back-up. BUT...would that really have been any different if he had left in may? Would bunch be much more ready than he is now? I guess that's why the timing doesn't bum me out so much. Either way we were stuck with basically no back up.

I don't want him to stay. I wish he would've made it known that he was more of an opportunist than a team player after last season, or at least after the spring game.

Opportunist? Seriously? Was Troy Aikman an opportunist? Joe Montana? Kurt Warner? Are guys not allowed to try and use their God given talents? You may not believe it, but Gebbia may be playing on Sundays with a few more years of maturing and learning. Do you think those chances would be hindered if he spent them only as a backup to Martinez? Is it right to ask a kid to be 'a good team player' even if it costs him his opportunity at a great career and possibly some large financial upside?

Some of these comments about a kid who put his heart and soul into a tough battle he didn't have to try and fight, they are not worthy of the kind of fanbase we proclaim to be.

And to all of you who told me that we would not need Bunch as a starter this year (and who knew even Masker :) )..... Can you hear me now?
NU is screwed if Bunch has to play a whole lot this season. IIRC whatshisface at UCF made it through 2 years without missing much time so there's that to lean on.

I didn’t say anything about him not being a great kid so don’t put words into my mouth. Just don’t say a load of bs and then leave when you don’t get what you want. I just think it’s weak to leave when you don’t gain something immediately. See how it plays out. He probably would have played I’m guessing. What if Martinez struggles, gets hurt? Keep pushing man. Keep pushing. It’s not a load of bs, it’s the truth. He’s one play away from playing, a lot. There’s no guarantee he wins anything anywhere else unless he really steps down in competition.

"Wins anything"? He has a possible future in the NFL worth 10's of millions of dollars, that is what the kid is probably worried about and rightfully so.

Like it or not these guys are looking to go to the NFL, and HIO probably doesn't have the money to give Gebbia for giving up the ability to be a possible high pick so you can feel good about your back up QB and that he is being a team player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back