• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia did not attend Practice this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You do realize that Scott Frost left at the end of the season, not 5 days before the start of a new season, right?
That is a legit difference to point out.

@BigRedAvenger's argument about Frost playing some safety is not. It's silly. And he only tried making it because he incorrectly thought Frost was entering the 1995 season slated as a safety, when in fact he was a QB about to battle for the starting role.

Last edited:
I can't fathom being as harsh as some of you are to a kid who has poured his life into Cornhusker football these past months.

Gebbia's on a time crunch. Barring injury, he's not the QB of the future. If he feels he needs to leave, it has to be now. Waiting around to back up Martinez and hope for playing time, THEN transfer would be a waste. Using the "it's so close to the season" is nonsense. It's the timetable he has in front of him and he has to do what's best for him.

I expected this personally and if I were him I'd do the same. He stuck with it with the new staff and system coming in, he worked his butt off and it didn't work out. He's too good of a qb to be a career backup in college.

That is a legit difference to point out.

@BigRedAvenger's argument about Frost playing some safety is not. It's silly. And he only tried making it because he incorrectly thought Frost was entering the 1995 season slated as a safety, when in fact he was a QB about to battle for the starting role.

If by "playing some safety" you mean most of the 94 season, you would be correct. Frost "played some safety".

Its funny you chose to go on this long in reply to my initial comment that the situations are not exactly the same then. I'm glad you finally came around.

If you simply had said the situations were a little different and left it at that, you would have actually been correct. However, he also thought Frost was not a QB any longer and that he left to go somewhere where he could play QB. A simple "I was wrong" from you would have saved many posts. But, I get it, it's the Internet, and you admitting you're wrong just won't happen.

I honestly don't think TG is going to the league if that's what this is all about. If he's trying to salvage his college career...great, but this seems far from a business decision. It smacks of an emotional reaction (maybe the writer was spot on when he said he took it hard). I hope he has success (I guess) but in reality he put this team in a bad spot. But hey, its not his team anyway right? Because he's not the starter right?
The program should be bigger than one person. It will be nice when NU finally gets to that point.

I expected this personally and if I were him I'd do the same. He stuck with it with the new staff and system coming in, he worked his butt off and it didn't work out. He's too good of a qb to be a career backup in college.
No one knows how good/not so good TG is at QB right now. He's never taken a snap in a college game so only time will tell.... All this talk how good he is just that... talk. The same can be said of AM right now.

We'll have a much better idea just how good AM is by seasons end.... Anyone remember how T-mart looked his first 5 games? Talk of Heisman, etc? How'd that eventually work out? Bottom line both those kids have a long ways to establish themselves as really good college QB's......

Do you have a crystal ball? Gebbia was recruited by Bama, Miami, Louisville and others. He damn near beat out the "chosen one" at NU in an offense that isn't even his strong suit. He believes in his abilities as do a BUNCH of people who make millions judging said abilities. So yeah...he thinks he has a shot at the NFL. Even if he doesn't what does that matter. He has 4 years left in his life to play football. Why wouldn't he try to get on the field somewhere? He'd be an iditio not to.
Don't disagree with continuing the effort to play college ball but the league is a fantasy for 99% of these kids. Just because he completed passes at the HS level doesn't mean he'll get it done at this level or the next. I'd lay odds to anyone who thinks he's a lock for the NFL. That said, he's gone now. Good luck to him I guess. Meh.

Doing what’s best for him. Tough to be mad at that even tho it really puts the team I care about in a bad spot. Tough season just got tougher.
Yes sir. He is a young MAN and he is able to make up his own mind on what is best for him.

No one knows how good/not so good TG is at QB right now. He's never taken a snap in a college game so only time will tell.... All this talk how good he is just that... talk. The same can be said of AM right now.

We'll have a much better idea just how good AM is by seasons end.... Anyone remember how T-mart looked his first 5 games? Talk of Heisman, etc? How'd that eventually work out? Bottom line both those kids have a long ways to establish themselves as really good college QB's......
Regardless if I were him I'd transfer too.

If you simply had said the situations were a little different and left it at that, you would have actually been correct. However, he also thought Frost was not a QB any longer and that he left to go somewhere where he could play QB. A simple "I was wrong" from you would have saved many posts. But, I get it, it's the Internet, and you admitting you're wrong just won't happen.

Oh he was a QB, playing safety, which is why I stated the situations were not exactly the same. Many times now. Again, if you do t see that the situations are not exactly the same, that’s fine. We have wasted far too much bandwidth on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back