• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia did not attend Practice this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows how good/not so good TG is at QB right now. He's never taken a snap in a college game so only time will tell.... All this talk how good he is just that... talk. The same can be said of AM right now.

We'll have a much better idea just how good AM is by seasons end.... Anyone remember how T-mart looked his first 5 games? Talk of Heisman, etc? How'd that eventually work out? Bottom line both those kids have a long ways to establish themselves as really good college QB's......
Not sure why anyone watches film on these kids in HS then. NFL takes these young men based on their college play.

lot of talk about how good he is is the records he left behind in HS

Oh he was a QB, playing safety, which is why I stated the situations were not exactly the same. Many times now. Again, if you do t see that the situations are not exactly the same, that’s fine. We have wasted far too much bandwidth on this.
giphy.gif

Just so we're clear, you want Gebbia to sacrifice a year of eligibility and put himself behind learning a new offense simply so NU can have a sure fire backup QB this season? I mean, be ecstatic if he did, but I don't blame the kid for choosing a different route. It sucks for us, but it's his future.

Nowhere did I say that.

I understand why he did and when he did it. The timing feels a little icky to me.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter what any of us think, I'll defer to the opinions of his former teammates and coaches at DoNU, (not that we'll ever know how they feel).

Last edited:
Nowhere did I say that.

I understand why he did and when he did it. The timing feels a little icky to me.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter what any of us think, I'll defer to the opinions of his former teammates and coaches at DoNU, (not that we'll ever know how they feel).
The timing absolutely does suck, but it's his decision to make. If he doesn't want to be here then he needs to go. I just don't get the outrage from fans over this.

I'd love to know what his teammates are thinking. I'll bet they are far less than pleased. In addition, I'd love to see what all the players that were in a battle for a starting position only to find themselves 2nd teamers...and who are choosing to stay...think.

It probably galvanizes support for AM, if there was any schism in the lockerroom.

This is a load of b.s. QB's transfer all the time. Frost did. Many do. Gebbia wasn't looking to be coddled. If he wanted the easy path he could have quit in May and started somewhere fresh in August. Instead he CHOSE the more difficult path...beating out the coach's "chosen one". He didn't ask for anything to be given to him as far as any of us know. All we know is what we've been told by teammates and Frost...that he's a "great kid". Why do you think Frost is a liar?

How does Gebbia leaving in May help the Nebraska football team in 2018? Martinez is handed the job instead of earning it (not good) and Bunch is the back up either way (not good). So really...helping Martinez become a better QB, if only a little, helped NU more than leaving would. So you should thank him.
I didn’t say anything about him not being a great kid so don’t put words into my mouth. Just don’t say a load of bs and then leave when you don’t get what you want. I just think it’s weak to leave when you don’t gain something immediately. See how it plays out. He probably would have played I’m guessing. What if Martinez struggles, gets hurt? Keep pushing man. Keep pushing. It’s not a load of bs, it’s the truth. He’s one play away from playing, a lot. There’s no guarantee he wins anything anywhere else unless he really steps down in competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back