• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia did not attend Practice this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For one, it causes some turmoil and anxiety at the start of Game Week #1. 2nd, Bunch (and Masker) could've gotten a lot more reps if he had left earlier. 3rd, we could've picked up a grad transfer to provide additional depth in those 6 months.
I'm sorry...were we not told that this staff would get EVERYONE equal reps? maybe not with the first team (but bunch wouldn't have gotten those anyway). Given the possibility of injury or transfer (that was always a possibility) maybe they should have snagged a Grad Transfer anyway?

I'm sorry...were we not told that this staff would get EVERYONE equal reps? maybe not with the first team (but bunch wouldn't have gotten those anyway). Given the possibility of injury or transfer (that was always a possibility) maybe they should have snagged a Grad Transfer anyway?
They probably get an equal amount of reps, but not equal quality of reps. Gebs took all of his reps against 1s and 2s. Bunch was going against 3s and 4s this fall.

Really disappointing. Kids these days. Now or nothing. Afraid of some competition. This guy is a play away from being the guy. Everything he said was just a bunch of nonsense. He knew he was oudda here if he didn’t get it. I just think it’s pretty weak. Better hope Bush is decent because I think NU will need more than one QB.
George Bush?

Do you have a crystal ball? Gebbia was recruited by Bama, Miami, Louisville and others. He damn near beat out the "chosen one" at NU
He absolutely gains something immediately.

He can use THIS year as his sit year...in other words he will be eligible for 3 years instead of two. That is a huge thing to the schools that would be offering him...and it's good for him.

If he was recruited for and made for this offense and didn't win the job and then left...I'd feel slightly differently. But odds are that he can hang with AM in every aspect of the game except those that he can't control...athleticism. Thus, he never really has any chance at being the man in this offense. So he SHOULD go where his abilities are a better fit. This wasn't what HE chose. But he did choose to give it a go...and did a helluva a job in doing so by all accounts. Hell, POB is more of a quitter than gebbia...and POB did the right thing too.
were just on a different plane here. This offense throws it like crazy. He could leave after this year. Still have plenty of time to do something. His abilities fit fine here. He’s one bleepin play away. See what happens, then, if at the end of this season, you can move on if it’s not working. We aren’t gonna agree. I think it’s weak. Well leave it at that. He crapped all over his teammates in a TEAM sport.

Everyone is an opportunist to some degree. I said he was more of an opportunist than a team player, and I stand by it.

If he wanted to leave in December or even after spring ball, I wouldn't have a problem. Leaving 5 days before the season opener is a different story.
You're right, it would make much more sense for a kid with a possible pro future to sit behind what might be a 4 year starter. That would be a good team player. If he leaves in December and doesn't take a meaningful snap, and is only working on an offense he likely won't be looking to join going forward, he burns a year of eligibility, not to mention, one that he could be working on the skills needed in more of a pro style system.

And exactly what would it have changed if we didn't have him after this spring? Vedral still wasn't going to get eligible, Burrow was still going to LSU, Martinez was still going to be the likely starter. The only main difference is Bunch would have gotten more snaps the last 2 weeks, which was when they said they were reducing his snaps in order to give Gebs and Martinez the bulk. That isn't a huge change if you ask me.

were just on a different plane here. This offense throws it like crazy. He could leave after this year. Still have plenty of time to do something. His abilities fit fine here. He’s one bleepin play away. See what happens, then, if at the end of this season, you can move on if it’s not working. We aren’t gonna agree. I think it’s weak. Well leave it at that. He crapped all over his teammates in a TEAM sport.
Sat last year...would sit this year...would sit next year. That would seriously limit his opportunities.

And it causes turmoil on the board. Not so much in the locker room I'm guessing.

I guarantee there are more wadded up panties on here by a lot than in that locker room. No question it's going to raise some eyebrows and maybe hurt some feelings, but when next Saturday rolls around and the games are real, this is a thing of the past.

With the 19 and 20 QB's on the committed list maybe if he leaves it helps cement those commits. It does leave us thin for 18 for sure. Really to bad (if he leaves) that Vedral could not get a waiver to play this year.

This is a valid point. If I'm either of those two kids and Martinez lights it up this fall, I'm looking for another home. TG and AM in the same room as sophomores for one and juniors for the other. It will certainly change how incoming kids evaluate their opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back