• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked For People Wanting Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please explain how we are more talented than EITHER Minnesota or especially Mich State. Minnesota totally dominated us in the Trenches. Yes, we have better RB and QBs, other than that we were out talented....

Watching that game, I think we had the edge talent-wise. If Beck had called more running plays, we would've won the game. The problem wasn't the talent difference. At worst, our talent was even with Minnesota's. The problem was we got OUT-COACHED. That happens far too often with this crew. When we are consistently being out-coached in games we should win, then I think it's time for some new coaches.

I hope Bo can win out and win the conference. Or even just be competitive with Ohio State in the championship game. That honestly would restore my faith in the guy. Unfortunately, with the way we've been playing, I just don't see that happening.

Great post ***. My :2cents:
I have gone on record, literally, about my belief that Bo Pelini should be replaced. After watching the Gophers dismantle the Huskers and seeing the likely 7-5 record the Huskers will boast after the regular season - I see the writing on the wall. Pelini will most likely be replaced.

I am of the opinion that Nebraska should try and hire a coach who has previous experience as a head man. While names like Charlie Strong, Mark Richt and Chris Peterson come up a lot (and would be fantastic hires), they are long-shots. When I look at possible candidates, some realistic coaches who top my list personally for this Nebraska job, I zero in on Jim Mora (UCLA), Dan Mullen (Miss. St), James Franklin (Vanderbilt), Al Golden (Miami), Steve Sarkisian (Washington), Mike Riley (Oregon St.) and Steve Addazio (Boston College).

Like I have expressed to you already ***, if I were to deviate from the criteria of head coach experience being a must, Scott Frost is the only college coordinator I would make an exception for. On a side note, I also really like Chicago Bears DC Mel Tucker, Seattle Seahawks DC Dan Quinn and San Francisco 49'ers OC Greg Roman in terms of NFL guys who in my personal would be great college head coaches despite being green as head men.

Keeping on the subject of Scott Frost, if I were a Husker fan I would be encouraged to see the coordinators section of your post. Frost would clearly be the OC of the team (ala Pelini) and so his defensive coordinator hire would be huge. Frost would likely get around $2 million to coach Nebraska and hopefully, like you said, Eichorst would allow an assistant coaches pool in the neighborhood of $3 million+. This would allow Frost to use 'Tim Beck $' to hire a proven DC like Mike Stoops (Okla), Brent Venables (Clemson), Jeremy Pruitt (Florida St), Luke Fickell (Ohio St), Derek Mason (Stanford)...someone they could entice with a 750k+ salary.

If he were to bring in an assistant from Oregon to be his OC, I believe the best choice would be WR coach and passing game coordinator Matt Lubick. Lubick is in his first year at Oregon - being hired to replace Frost after his promotion. Lubick would be the most likely to accompany Frost to Lincoln seeing how nearly every other assistant on Oregon's staff is 20+ years in Eugene. Lubick is a fantastic recruiter with several years experience as a recruiting coordinator coaching in the Pac-12, SEC and ACC. Lubick has also worked with reputable offensive coaches like Dennis Erickson, David Cutcliffe and Hugh Freeze so he has a nice background for input with Frost. He would be a great hire to a hypothetical Frost staff.

Great post ***. My :2cents:
I have gone on record, literally, about my belief that Bo Pelini should be replaced. After watching the Gophers dismantle the Huskers and seeing the likely 7-5 record the Huskers will boast after the regular season - I see the writing on the wall. Pelini will most likely be replaced.

I am of the opinion that Nebraska should try and hire a coach who has previous experience as a head man. While names like Charlie Strong, Mark Richt and Chris Peterson come up a lot (and would be fantastic hires), they are long-shots. When I look at possible candidates, some realistic coaches who top my list personally for this Nebraska job, I zero in on Jim Mora (UCLA), Dan Mullen (Miss. St), James Franklin (Vanderbilt), Al Golden (Miami), Steve Sarkisian (Washington), Mike Riley (Oregon St.) and Steve Addazio (Boston College).

Like I have expressed to you already ***, if I were to deviate from the criteria of head coach experience being a must, Scott Frost is the only college coordinator I would make an exception for. On a side note, I also really like Chicago Bears DC Mel Tucker, Seattle Seahawks DC Dan Quinn and San Francisco 49'ers OC Greg Roman in terms of NFL guys who in my personal would be great college head coaches despite being green as head men.

Keeping on the subject of Scott Frost, if I were a Husker fan I would be encouraged to see the coordinators section of your post. Frost would clearly be the OC of the team (ala Pelini) and so his defensive coordinator hire would be huge. Frost would likely get around $2 million to coach Nebraska and hopefully, like you said, Eichorst would allow an assistant coaches pool in the neighborhood of $3 million+. This would allow Frost to use 'Tim Beck $' to hire a proven DC like Mike Stoops (Okla), Brent Venables (Clemson), Jeremy Pruitt (Florida St), Luke Fickell (Ohio St), Derek Mason (Stanford)...someone they could entice with a 750k+ salary.

If he were to bring in an assistant from Oregon to be his OC, I believe the best choice would be WR coach and passing game coordinator Matt Lubick. Lubick is in his first year at Oregon - being hired to replace Frost after his promotion. Lubick would be the most likely to accompany Frost to Lincoln seeing how nearly every other assistant on Oregon's staff is 20+ years in Eugene. Lubick is a fantastic recruiter with several years experience as a recruiting coordinator coaching in the Pac-12, SEC and ACC. Lubick has also worked with reputable offensive coaches like Dennis Erickson, David Cutcliffe and Hugh Freeze so he has a nice background for input with Frost. He would be a great hire to a hypothetical Frost staff.

As always thanks for your input. Ever thought about consulting???

Watching that game, I think we had the edge talent-wise. If Beck had called more running plays, we would've won the game. The problem wasn't the talent difference. At worst, our talent was even with Minnesota's. The problem was we got OUT-COACHED. That happens far too often with this crew. When we are consistently being out-coached in games we should win, then I think it's time for some new coaches.

I hope Bo can win out and win the conference. Or even just be competitive with Ohio State in the championship game. That honestly would restore my faith in the guy. Unfortunately, with the way we've been playing, I just don't see that happening.

Please explain if our def line was pushed back 4 yards every play and our off line had someone in the backfield every play how we are the team with better talent. I think it is just hilarious that just because we are Nebraska, everybody just assumes our talent is better. Pretty obvious it wasn't

Last edited:

As always thanks for your input. Ever thought about consulting???

Good post, a little over winded perhaps. I don't understand why offensive or defensive coaches need to bring coordinators. We all know Bo is the Def coordinator and Pap is the patsy. Why should Frost bring an OC with him ? He calls the plays now, why shouldn't he call them if he came here?? Don't understand that theory At All. I know several successful HC that call their own Defense or Offensive plays, and I would rather they do...

Last edited:
Please explain if our def line was pushed back 4 yards every play and our off line had someone in the backfield every play how we are the team with better talent. I think it is just hilarious that just because we are Nebraska, everybody just assumes our talent is better. Pretty obvious it wasn't
Obviously you were watching a different game.

Tell me where and explain to me where and how we had more talent?? Where they pushed our def line back 5 yards every play??? Oh yea it was every other play they were in our backfield creating havoc.. Give me a break. Our talent is not there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back