• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked For People Wanting Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are out of sync a bit and I will own my own thick headedness on my end ;) just to clarify:

1. I don't think we are or were at any point over the past 5 years.
2. I don't think we should have automatic wins either.
3. The fact that we can get pushed around physically by Minnasota and beat soundly by them is just another reason in a long list of reasons why I think its time for a change. My only point from the start was that if we are still at a place that we can come out of a bye week and look lost along wiht getting shoved around physically by Minnasota, our program isnt close to where it needs to be and we need to keep looking for a staff that can get us there.

Now you know I can't let you take the credit for all it........Yea, I believe we are out of sync as I don't disagree with your statements here.

1. That's a hard realization for myself because I argued the opposite in hopes that Bo would not make me out to be a liar.....Thanks Bo.....
2. I hate that I look at a team struggling and naturally because we are NU I say this is a win we definitely can get here, but come game time, because we are NU, I began to worry if the game will be harder than it is suppose to be for 4 quarters. Especially win it's a high profile game.
3. I totally agree with your assessment here. Pelini has normally hung his hat on what his teams are able to do out of the bye week and this right here gave him a totally reality check. I'm not calling for Bo's job like some, but I believe that some definite changes need to occur two at least a couple positions or it will be hard for me to expect anything different of Pelini's teams. My goodness, how can one man be so hard headed that he refuses to change up the obvious to save his job and status amongst his peers.

They are expected....And since he is doing so why is he treated like he is bringing the program down because he isn't excelling in the other area. It's not like he has brought the football program down to be a bottom of the barrel program regardless of how some short sighted fans try to spin it. People act like the program falling apart and he has lost control because we haven't done something that hasn't been done since.......

I like Bo. He's done some good things here. If you want me to slobber over the fact that it's been a clean program with kids graduating I am just not gonna do it. That's an absolute minimum requirement don't you think? The real matter is though how is the product on the field? Is it healthy right now?

You can learn a lot in 2 or 5 years at your position. You can make a lot of mistakes in that time also.

You certainly can. Doesn't mean he will be any more ready or not than he is now. Either he can lead men and effectively teach them or he can't. Either he's cut out to be a HC or he isn't. The guy is almost 40 for Christ's sake. Not like he's 25.

You got me there, but even more recent is the production this year. Leading up to that game have we showcased that we were better

I see this one of two ways, both of which are a problem. Either we just got manhandled by a team we out-talent or we don't out-talent them. If we are truly on the level of Minnesota that's a huge problem and this staff should go. If we seriously just got manhandled but out-talent them, then I have serious reservations about this coaching staff's ability to lead moving forward.

we are out of sync a bit and I will own my own thick headedness on my end ;) just to clarify:

1. I don't think we are or were at any point over the past 5 years.
2. I don't think we should have automatic wins either.
3. The fact that we can get pushed around physically by Minnasota and beat soundly by them is just another reason in a long list of reasons why I think its time for a change. My only point from the start was that if we are still at a place that we can come out of a bye week and look lost along wiht getting shoved around physically by Minnasota, our program isnt close to where it needs to be and we need to keep looking for a staff that can get us there.

How many times have we heard this? "We were out physical'd" (sp?)
Maybe the buck should start with analyzing what's not working within the Strength and Conditioning Program.
At the same time as looking at why we are consistently putting players in places and a "process" that are failing the players cognizant ability to follow the path of the "process". The players aren't just learning how to play the game, they've been playing it, most of them, I bet, since age 7-9.
I've come to the conclusion as many on here, that this staff is incapable of coaching up the players. Change. Get it done.

I like Bo. He's done some good things here. If you want me to slobber over the fact that it's been a clean program with kids graduating I am just not gonna do it. That's an absolute minimum requirement don't you think? The real matter is though how is the product on the field? Is it healthy right now?

You certainly can. Doesn't mean he will be any more ready or not than he is now. Either he can lead men and effectively teach them or he can't. Either he's cut out to be a HC or he isn't. The guy is almost 40 for Christ's sake. Not like he's 25.

I see this one of two ways, both of which are a problem. Either we just got manhandled by a team we out-talent or we don't out-talent them. If we are truly on the level of Minnesota that's a huge problem and this staff should go. If we seriously just got manhandled but out-talent them, then I have serious reservations about this coaching staff's ability to lead moving forward.

Again, I'm not stating the guy should get any bonuses for those things because we should expect him to at the very least, do those things. But you have to admit that there are so many in the upper portion of the food chain that break even those simple requirements to get a head of the next program. Look at the last few National Champions. Graduating their players, treating their players with all due respect, keeping them out of trouble, not breaking NCAA rules, etc....seems to be issues facing most of those programs. Bending the rule but not breaking it, starting at recruiting......

-Experience is always a strong crutch to fall on as a coach. Unless you believe he can lead a program to a champion with what he has now as a almost 40 year with little experience even just be coordinator, how could you say he wouldn't be a different guy in 2-5 years. Bo isn't what we want him to be but he has gotten better at something from 08 to today. And he has gotten worse in others. That's life. No one stays the exact same when they experience as much as Frost will in his new position. He will grow as an OC. As the game evolves I believe he will. I would like for NU to get him as he has some judgements base on his mistakes/experiences as an OC rather than hiring him as he is and he hasn't been in the pressure cooker yet. Issue many fans have is the fact our coaching staff looks a lot like OJT Program. (on the job training)

-That's an issue that doesn't feel good no matter what angle you look at it. NU obviously has the talent to compete with top 25 teams, but they don't have the consistency to be one of the top 25 teams.

Again, I'm not stating the guy should get any bonuses for those things because we should expect him to at the very least, do those things. But you have to admit that there are so many in the upper portion of the food chain that break even those simple requirements to get a head of the next program. Look at the last few National Champions. Graduating their players, treating their players with all due respect, keeping them out of trouble, not breaking NCAA rules, etc....seems to be issues facing most of those programs. Bending the rule but not breaking it, starting at recruiting......

-Experience is always a strong crutch to fall on as a coach. Unless you believe he can lead a program to a champion with what he has now as a almost 40 year with little experience even just be coordinator, how could you say he wouldn't be a different guy in 2-5 years. Bo isn't what we want him to be but he has gotten better at something from 08 to today. And he has gotten worse in others. That's life. No one stays the exact same when they experience as much as Frost will in his new position. He will grow as an OC. As the game evolves I believe he will. I would like for NU to get him as he has some judgements base on his mistakes/experiences as an OC rather than hiring him as he is and he hasn't been in the pressure cooker yet. Issue many fans have is the fact our coaching staff looks a lot like OJT Program. (on the job training)

-That's an issue that doesn't feel good no matter what angle you look at it. NU obviously has the talent to compete with top 25 teams, but they don't have the consistency to be one of the top 25 teams.

Of course he will be different in 2-5 years. He will be that no matter what happens. Point being, in another 2-5 years you can say "in another 2-5 years he'll be a better coach" and continue to do that. It's kinda like getting a new computer. You can wait 2-5 more years and get a better computer, but that's not saying that getting a computer now can't exceed your expectations and do for you exactly what you need it to.

Certainly some positives for Bo. As I've said before, unlike Callahan, I can't hate Bo. I just think he's a sub-par head football coach.
I didn't hate Callahan. Why is it necessary to hate someone who isn't getting the job done (as a lot did with him, and are doing now with Bo)? I just didn't want him coaching my team anymore.
As with Bo, there were minimal problems with players under Bill, and the graduation rate was high.

Personally, I'm happy to wait for season's end to see what happens with Bo. Hopefully, he'll win enough games to quiet everyone this side of GFOA. But I'm not buying all these comments to the effect that "we have more talent than Minnesota". I've seen games where NU had what looked like the better team on the field, but through some combination of screw-ups and bad luck, lost the game. This wasn't one of those. Minnesota ran the ball right down our throats. That's not luck. Fact is, if they had competent wide receivers, they would have stomped us on the scoreboard, just like they did on the field.

Personally, I'm happy to wait for season's end to see what happens with Bo. Hopefully, he'll win enough games to quiet everyone this side of GFOA. But I'm not buying all these comments to the effect that "we have more talent than Minnesota". I've seen games where NU had what looked like the better team on the field, but through some combination of screw-ups and bad luck, lost the game. This wasn't one of those. Minnesota ran the ball right down our throats. That's not luck. Fact is, if they had competent wide receivers, they would have stomped us on the scoreboard, just like they did on the field.

And that's just unacceptable. No offense to Minnesota, but at the current state of their program, this just shouldn't happen. It means NU has fallen off tremendously the last few years. That's hard to stomach, and even harder to have any sort of faith in the direction of the program. Either way, it comes down to the coaches recruiting poorly, or coaching poorly. Both fall squarely on a not cutting it coaching staff. IMO. They still have time to sway me back though.

Well I agree they out-played us but they had 3 juniors or seniors on their two deep offense compared to 6 on our two deep defense. so both are young, but did they recruit better youngsters, are they being coached up better. Or heaven forbid, both.

scott frost isnt experienced enuf yet to be HC. I love the guy, and hope he gets there, but I dont know if he would want to come to this pressure cooker-fish bowl. People continually complaining about a coach that wins 10 games annually. I dont know with the way todays game is played and recruited, if Nebr will ever be more than that.

Even if Nick Saban comes here, hes not gonna get as good a recruits as he gets in Alabama, thats a fact. our expectations can not be what they were 16 years ago. its a different enviornment now

Remember, it's not about the9-10 games you win, it's more about haw badly you loose the 3-4 games (not competitive).

This may be a bit naive, but I think he's either a great coach or he isn't. I don't know that 2 more years or 5 more years will be the key to him being great or not. If he does get the nod at NU next year (I know that's still a big if) the key for him will be bringing in a talented staff. I feel like he has the other tools.

What is the definition of insanity..... He has had six years to prove his worth. He has gotten worse each year just like his monkey boy TM. What are these "other tools" we haven't seen in SIX years??

Talent-wise? For sure. Both.

So how do you explain losing to one for the first time since the Cold War and the second for the first time in history?

Please explain how we are more talented than EITHER Minnesota or especially Mich State. Minnesota totally dominated us in the Trenches. Yes, we have better RB and QBs, other than that we were out talented....

Somebody started a "Campaign for Scott Frost on Saturday" of yea that was me!!! Get him
Before somebody else does, and, oh Yea, they will if we don't

What is the definition of insanity..... He has had six years to prove his worth. He has gotten worse each year just like his monkey boy TM. What are these "other tools" we haven't seen in SIX years??

You may want to go re-read my post and who I quoted. I was referring to Scott Frost, not Bo Pelini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back