• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Feels like 1969

For my money the best running back in Nebraska history. Game of the century he had a game for the ages.
Keep an eye on Ben Miles he may have Jeff Kenny motor and talent.
Agree but he did not have break away speed. he was more 4 yards no matter what.

Agree but he did not have break away speed. he was more 4 yards no matter what.
And great hands, few remember that Rodgers broke Kinney's single season receiving mark. One of the smartest ball players we've ever had...I remember him batting down an easy catch behind the LOS because he knew he'd be tackled for a loss, 99% of players make that catch rather than doing the smart thing.

Last edited:
The sheer volume of young players about to hit the field and the dramatic changes that will be unveiled on both sides of the ball. Two potentially outstanding new QB's replacing a few years of dismal QB performance. A slew of RB's and receivers that will be downright dangerous with every touch they get. A defense that is moving toward greatness...maybe sooner than most think. All the pieces are coming together, it seems just like 1969 and I feel like I'm 15 all over again. One difference...this year our new Johnny Rodgers will get to play.
Love your enthusiasm, and yet there are so many reasons why that comparison is ridiculous.

I don't think it has anything to do with the 1969 Mets. But you should count on us beating Georgia 45-6 in El Paso before the year is out!

:Corn2:
Here's your sign...
Little-Miss-Sunshine-Shirt-Yellow-Front-Closeup.jpg

I remember that Sun Bowl well. It seemed like the longest FG ever when Paul Rogers kicked a 45 yarder in that game. Who'da thunk he would go on to a successful career fronting Bad Company! :Rockon:

It must have seemed long. The official record credits him with a 50-yarder for that game. ;)

The sheer volume of young players about to hit the field and the dramatic changes that will be unveiled on both sides of the ball. Two potentially outstanding new QB's replacing a few years of dismal QB performance. A slew of RB's and receivers that will be downright dangerous with every touch they get. A defense that is moving toward greatness...maybe sooner than most think. All the pieces are coming together, it seems just like 1969 and I feel like I'm 15 all over again. One difference...this year our new Johnny Rodgers will get to play.
with ya brother...2018

You are too pessimistic. The big hurdle on our season record will be the Oregon game where we may not have all the cylinders working together. After that, any other team is just going to have to be better than we are to beat us; we won't beat ourselves and we won't lose because we have the wrong kinds of talent in different places in the lineup. We will have a full arsenal of O and D by the time the BIG season begins. After that, it's all up to injuries, ours and theirs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back