• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Feels like 1969

I've never made any comparison between Devaney and Riley, so quit throwing up crap in your posts and stick to what people actually post. There are lots of comparisons to be made between the 1969 team and this year's team...it's quite exciting to see. Now, play killjoy all you want...guys like you can be found by the dozen standing at every game shouting at the coaches for every offensive play that doesn't break for more than 5 yards and screaming whenever the defense gives up a first down. They know little to nothing about football or coaching, and learned their X's and O's playing tic-tac-toe.
Still seeing those parallels? Maybe you’re one of those guys who know little to nothing about football. Tic tac toe not working out? Just sayin’

Doesn't feel anything like 1969.

I was living in Puerto Rico, spending way too much time on the beach and hadn't really discovered college football yet.

Hell, I'd settle for 1979 at this point. Jeff Quinn still have any eligibility left?

You were trying to pass yourself as some sort of expert, not just an optimistic fan.
How so? There were and are similarities between the 2 teams, one clearly improved greatly and did very well...the other is not doing nearly so well. I have always been an optimist about the Huskers, even when I was unsure of the coaches and players, and even when I knew the coaching wasn't good enough. Lots of fans like me out here that get high hopes early in the year.

Still seeing those parallels? Maybe you’re one of those guys who know little to nothing about football. Tic tac toe not working out? Just sayin’
LOL! You...accusing anyone of not knowing about something is a hoot. If you end up right about MR, it'll be your first time.

Last edited:

“End up being right?!?!” What....are..... you.....smoking? I am right.:Corn2:
11a9800a35aefe014bf143a8c52f9bbd--alabama-roll-tide-alabama-crimson-tide.jpg

How so? There were and are similarities between the 2 teams, one clearly improved greatly and did very well...the other is not doing nearly so well. I have always been an optimist about the Huskers, even when I was unsure of the coaches and players, and even when I knew the coaching wasn't good enough. Lots of fans like me out here that get high hopes early in the year.

I find it somewhat hilarious that you are trying to defend the similarities. Of course there are some similarities because its football. I got lamblasted for stating it had more similarities to the Bill Callahan era. Not sure how you can accurately defend many of the examples you gave as similar when so many posters accurately countered your claim before the season ever played out. The best answer would be to simply say I mis-read what I thought Mike Riley could get out of this team and move on.

I find it somewhat hilarious that you are trying to defend the similarities. Of course there are some similarities because its football. I got lamblasted for stating it had more similarities to the Bill Callahan era. Not sure how you can accurately defend many of the examples you gave as similar when so many posters accurately countered your claim before the season ever played out. The best answer would be to simply say I mis-read what I thought Mike Riley could get out of this team and move on.
The was not one post throughout the entire thread that disputed any of the similarities I pointed out, and only one poster--SoCal--that claimed he could do so (he was too tired to do it though, LOL). Of course when challenged, he never refuted any of the similarities. Nor did you or Savage, that's because you two never do anything but blather negativity. No specifics, no refutation of the similarity, which are still there despite the results not being there. Here's a challenge for you, show many any post in this thread that correctly disputed any of the similarities that I pointed out.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back