• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Farniok is N/ Update: Video Farniok talks about his recruiment and commitment to NU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to send out a big thank you to Raridon who committed over a year ago and started the ball rolling. He peer recruited and still was PR'ing at the Army All Star game a few weeks ago. Also to Bo Wilson and Brokop who will also be a huge part of the O line restoration. I'm excited to see the 4 of you play in future years!

What makes this recruiting effort so amazing is that it comes on the heels of a 6-7 season. Iowa coming off their BEST season in their history. They were ranked 4th in the nation at one point. Michigan is on the rise with a wired but incredibly successful coaching record. This staff has been together less than one year. Nebraska has not been a top 25 school in years and a top 10 school in more than a decade.
They have proven over the last four games they can coach ( easily could have tanked after a 3-6 start ) and now are proving they are great recruiters. They have bought into the outstanding tradition and more importantly they've embraced the outstanding Nebraska fan base. The people living in Nebraska and their friendly and fantastic passion for their team certainly deserve a good deal of credit for this class and the coaches as well for embracing them.

FWIW Nebraska was a top 5 school in 2010. We also finished 2009 as #14 i believe. Also this staff has pretty much been together for practically 10 years going back to Oregon St. I realize you meant here at Nebraska, I am not trying to bash what you said, was just clarifying.

I'm going to send out a big thank you to Raridon who committed over a year ago and started the ball rolling. He peer recruited and still was PR'ing at the Army All Star game a few weeks ago. Also to Bo Wilson and Brokop who will also be a huge part of the O line restoration. I'm excited to see the 4 of you play in future years!

Very good point. These are the guys that really helped the coaches put it all together.

Yep. I LOL'd at this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is the guy John Raridon flattened at the Army All-American Bowl on his team's way to a touchdown <a href="https://t.co/YGaFQY4rPK">https://t.co/YGaFQY4rPK</a></p>&mdash; Mike Schaefer (@mikejschaefer) <a href="https://twitter.com/mikejschaefer/status/692714278348939265">January 28, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Welcome Matt!!!

Late to the party here, it was a watch netflix and chill sorta evening at my place.

:rockon:

Last edited:

Don't forget Jalin Barnett!!!

Do not forget Brokop and Wilson. :)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by FullbackTrap Visions of Pipeline dancing in my head!

How sweet it would be to see a resurected Husker Pipeline tradition at DONU

Farniok + Raridon? Yep, a great start

This is huge news...

It validates what we have talked about many times on this forum that if you get most of your class filled out early (speaking positions), it allows that coach to focus on the lunkers that are left. Cav spent more time in South Dakota than i'm sure he would have wished, but it couldn't have been done if he was spreading out his time to try and still convince Brokop, Wilson, and Raridon. Kudos there.

While it was down to Iowa vs. Nebraska with Michigan State a distant third, don't forget that Stanford and Florida State were flying to Sioux Falls during this whole process to get him on board. He was that dominant in high school and that big of a recruit that two major programs from talent-rich states like California and Florida left their own backyards to try and sway him. Biggest recruit I can remember from a position of need in quite some time.

When you say biggest recruit from a position of need in some time that means something. Well said.

15 pages? And the rivals site crashed? Gotta love the big red.

As excited as I am, I let out a big sigh of relief when I heard the news. I said earlier this finish was going to be high-risk, high-reward, and so far we've started off on the high reward side.

Kudos to the staff for putting in all of the time and effort necessary. They could have easily put more effort into some back-up plans and laid off a bit in order to protect their back side, but they went all in and it worked out. I love the midwest flavor of this OL class. Getting some of the top OL out of Missouri, Illinois, SD, and Iowa is huge. That is a model we can sustain and win with. GBR

Pretty sure overall score ranking would be just a bit higher if he was from Kansas City or a bigger metro area, where he had more visibility..... Kid is a beast now, and now where to go but up.. Welcome Mr F.

Welcome Matt to the center of the offensive line universe! One of the two major offensive linemen awards is named after a Husker and the awards banquet for the other is held in Omaha! By my count we've had 5 Outland Trophy winners and Rimington won It TWICE!

There is nowhere your talent would be more appreciated & more enjoyed than at Nebraska. Heck about half the time I don't watch the ball I watch the blocking.

I'm absolutely jacked this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back