• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Farniok is N/ Update: Video Farniok talks about his recruiment and commitment to NU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup and combined their coaching prowess with better athletes and we could be special again in a few years.

Hey, I love OSU, a lot! Been. Bipolar all life with the Beavers and Huskers. I just know that they tried everything there to get a class like this and it never happened.

Being at Nebraska gives him a decided edge.

Also, one of the more important parts about this signing is that it moves us ahead of Wisconsin for 5th in th B1G. With more big names to sign and Penn State hemorrhaging coaches and recruits, Nebraska could move to 4th (according to 247). That puts us atop the West in talent. That is enormous fir coaches who have always done a lot with less.

Should send Cav out to see if he can make sure it still happens. I'd take Alaric at OT or DT. I might even send Banker with Cav to let him know "I'd love to have you on my defense"...

First, awesome on Farniok! Great recruit at a big position of need. Serious competition for him as well. Yippee!

As for Alaric Jackson... does Farniok commiting increase the likelyhood of A Jackson committing, or does this scare him off? NU ideally could use 2 good OTs in this class. And, given that NU also could use a DT in this class, I think that you tell A Jackson that he can play either position and then see how things shake out.

First, awesome on Farniok! Great recruit at a big position of need. Serious competition for him as well. Yippee!

As for Alaric Jackson... does Farniok commiting increase the likelyhood of A Jackson committing, or does this scare him off? NU ideally could use 2 good OTs in this class. And, given that NU also could use a DT in this class, I think that you tell A Jackson that he can play either position and then see how things shake out.

Don't think it increases it... but probably doesn't hurt our chances either as we need 2 for the position like you said. I guess the good news is we won't have to wait long to find out. If it pushed him to Iowa than expect to see Alaric Jackson cancel his visit as early as tomorrow morning.

Now I want Jackson just to irritate iowa.

Ya that would be awesome. And even sweeter a few years down the road when both are starting AGAINST the Hawkeyes. Ferentz would have to sit there knowing just how close he was to landing both.

Last edited:
Well, before I turn in for the night I'd just like to take one final good natured parting shot at Iowa :) . . .

Farniok says it was the people that made the difference in his picking Big Red. However, I'd like to think that his moment of decision came when Iowa was showing him their trophy case. I can see it clearly in my mind. Farniok stands before it.

"Nice trophy case. Very nice."

"Thank you. We're proud of it."

"So . . . ah . . . when do you think you might get some trophies to put in it?"

Or to paraphrase Monty Python . . .

"It's not much of a trophy case."

"But it's so clean."

"Well it's certainly uncontaminated by trophies."

Just kidding.:Biggrin: Sort of.

Night all.

So, of the big fish yet on NUs board:
Lamar Jackson
Alaric Jackson
Desmond Fitzpatrick
Isaiah Simmonds
Chase Allen...
And keeping Q Alexander...

Did I forget anyone?

Whether we get them all or not, are there others out there that NU is seriously pushing for? If we got all of the above, does that finish out the class? If we don't get all of the above, then we likely have a couple more schollies to fill - and who would we pursue?

So, of the big fish yet on NUs board:
Lamar Jackson
Alaric Jackson
Desmond Fitzpatrick
Isaiah Simmonds
Chase Allen...
And keeping Q Alexander...

Did I forget anyone?

Whether we get them all or not, are there others out there that NU is seriously pushing for? If we got all of the above, does that finish out the class? If we don't get all of the above, then we likely have a couple more schollies to fill - and who would we pursue?

Tulane transfer QB Tanner Lee

And I've said all along this is a huge Pickup. Credit the staff. Can Not begin to state how huge

Apparently some of these OL recruits aren't too put off by Cav's lack of "rotation"...

Ssshhhhh, these recruits haven't signed yet! ;) Interesting to see how some members who are anti-Riley and used to post quite often on the recruiting board are absent from these threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back