• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Farniok is N/ Update: Video Farniok talks about his recruiment and commitment to NU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I just wish folks who are making he comparison with Oregon State could stop and see it just does not make sense.

Agree on all.

THIS! I don't think some quite realize how poor Oregon States facilities/ support are....

It's basically like operating a run-down fast food chain restaurant and trying to convince potential employees who have an offer from fortune 500 like companies that are located right across the street (USC, Oregon, UCLA, Stanford etc, etc, etc) to come work for you. It just isn't gonna happen.

And I might be giving Oregon State too much credit in this comparison.

Last edited:

Interested in hearing your evaluation of him as a defender. To my untrained eye, love him as an OT, very underwhelmed as a D-lineman.

Personally, I am with you as far as DT goes. Don't mind giving him a shot since we have a need but the need is just as great for an OT imo. Kind of a win-win situation.

That got me thinking: I can see two of our offensive guards being options to move to DT--Jerald Foster and Tanner Farmer. We all remember how well Foster did working at DT a few seasons ago, but just imagine Farmer as a DT with his incredible strength (and wrestling ability). Foster is in line for a starting OG position next year, if Farmer doesn't make a move, moving him to DT would not surprise me.

Last edited:

Motor-Grader-Blade-Attachment.jpg

Farmer actually might be better on the DL for some obvious reasons.

Personally, I am with you as far as DT goes. Don't mind giving him a shot since we have a need but the need is just as great for an OT imo. Kind of a win-win situation.

That got me thinking: I can see two of our offensive guards being options to move to DT--Jerald Foster and Tanner Farmer. We all remember how well Foster did working at DT a few seasons ago, but just imaging Farmer as a DT with his incredible strength (and wrestling ability). Foster is in line for a starting OG position next year, if Farmer doesn't make a move, moving him to DT would not surprise me.

Great day to be a Husker. I'm noticing that Riley's NU classes are similar to Riley's OSU classes with the exception that all the players are ranked higher. Lot's of talk about missed layups, well I'd say Farniok is a massive slam dunk. Let's be happy and not bag on OSU though (son got his UG degree there). Been lovin' Riley for a long time, been lovin' Big Red a lot longer!

No one is bagging on Oregon State just stating obvious facts that you cannot compare Oregon State to Nebraska as concerns football. These coaches have to be giddy on the recruiting trail They are getting kids that never would have considered Oregon State. The facilities as just an example are dead last in the PAC 12. One could argue that Nebraska is second to none in the B1G.

Great day to be a Husker. I'm noticing that Riley's NU classes are similar to Riley's OSU classes with the exception that all the players are ranked higher. Lot's of talk about missed layups, well I'd say Farniok is a massive slam dunk. Let's be happy and not bag on OSU though (son got his UG degree there). Been lovin' Riley for a long time, been lovin' Big Red a lot longer!

Hey, I love OSU, a lot! Been. Bipolar all life with the Beavers and Huskers. I just know that they tried everything there to get a class like this and it never happened.

Being at Nebraska gives him a decided edge.

Also, one of the more important parts about this signing is that it moves us ahead of Wisconsin for 5th in th B1G. With more big names to sign and Penn State hemorrhaging coaches and recruits, Nebraska could move to 4th (according to 247). That puts us atop the West in talent. That is enormous fir coaches who have always done a lot with less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back