• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Farniok is N/ Update: Video Farniok talks about his recruiment and commitment to NU

Status
Not open for further replies.

So 247 has this class at #22 and we have 4 to 5 more commits possibly. Top 20 is more than doable.

Yeah he will not be a given Cav will have to recruit his ass off on that one too. Some thought Will may be better than Matt. We were his second offer and I know Cav is working him already. :)

This is very true!!! but also worth mentioning that up to this point all 3 of the Farnioks have gone to a different school. Here's to hoping Will Farniok breaks that trend in 2018.

I hope he is right because I am not buying this one.

Jeremy Crabtree ‏<s>@</s>jeremycrabtree <small class="time"></small><s>@</s>TomVH Also don't forget still have a good shot at Isaiah Simmons, too. Another four star.

Jackson and Dez are gonna be N. If I am a Husker fan there are three things i keep an eye on or "worry" about until signing day...

1) Can we somehow pull in Isaiah Simmons
2) Can we close the deal with Chase Allen
3) Will we keep Quayshon Alexander as part of this class (IMPO they should send Bray and Banker one more time before he OVs Rutgers this weekend)

Been comparing Farniok to another recent similarly rated tackle--Nick Gates.

Farniok is more of a masher whereas Gates is more of a tackle that has great feet and incredible balance. I could see the previous staff moving Farniok inside and making him one heck of a guard and in fact, IF he develops to his full potential may very well be a guard at the NFL level (please, I said IF).

Expect Nick Gates to move to LT and hold down that spot for awhile. Farniok could be part of the RT puzzle over the next couple of years.

So 247 has this class at #22 and we have 4 to 5 more commits possibly. Top 20 is more than doable.

Easily. Lamar Jackson's commit alone could put us there. Class calculator shows Jackson would move us from 28 to 22 in 247 composite.

Agree on all. Well said.

Jackson and Dez are gonna be N. If I am a Husker fan there are three things i keep an eye on or "worry" about until signing day...

3) Will we keep Quayshon Alexander as part of this class (IMPO they should send Bray and Banker one more time before he OVs Rutgers this weekend)

If I had to guess:

1) No
2) Yes
3) No idea really. Gut leaning towards no though.

If I had to guess:

1) No
2) Yes
3) No idea really. Gut leaning towards no though.

1) No
2)Yes
3)Yes

Just my opinion.

Good summary. I would add that there may still be a chance to pull a second OT in Alaric Jackson. I don't know if that visit happens or not.

Yeah he is the #71 rated recruit in the Top247. A very high 4-star. Frankly one could make an argument for a fifth star for him he is that good.

Schaefer said if the perfect storm goes our way we could be Top 15 in the 247 rankings.

Hell if we finish with Jackson and Fitz I could care less where we are ranked would be one helluva class.

Easily. Lamar Jackson's commit alone could put us there. Class calculator shows Jackson would move us from 28 to 22 in 247 composite.

I think they are all about to be in place......

CD9474653846.jpg

I hope he at least gives us a chance. I suspect Cav is already reaching out to him.

Heck Iowa was slow playing him. We need him and have the spot.

Good summary. I would add that there may still be a chance to pull a second OT in Alaric Jackson. I don't know if that visit happens or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back