• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Farniok is N/ Update: Video Farniok talks about his recruiment and commitment to NU

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome! I thought we were going to have to sweat this one out at least a few more days.

Great work by Cavanaugh in particular... and Langsdorf and Riley as well.

I truly feel like "#Huskers just got better" tonight.

CZyAZZvXEAE_czy.jpg

This is huge news...

It validates what we have talked about many times on this forum that if you get most of your class filled out early (speaking positions), it allows that coach to focus on the lunkers that are left. Cav spent more time in South Dakota than i'm sure he would have wished, but it couldn't have been done if he was spreading out his time to try and still convince Brokop, Wilson, and Raridon. Kudos there.

While it was down to Iowa vs. Nebraska with Michigan State a distant third, don't forget that Stanford and Florida State were flying to Sioux Falls during this whole process to get him on board. He was that dominant in high school and that big of a recruit that two major programs from talent-rich states like California and Florida left their own backyards to try and sway him. Biggest recruit I can remember from a position of need in quite some time.

Last edited:

Sean Callahan ‏<s>@</s>Sean_Callahan <small class="time"></small>In-home visit with <s>@</s>Coach_Riley tonight sealed the deal for <s>@</s>MattFarniok1 to be a Husker: https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/huskers-land-the-big-one …

Farniok let the suspense build for a while before he broke the good news to the assembled Husker coaches.

“We just talked for a little bit, and then probably close to the end I just told them [I was committing],” Farniok recounted. “They were all really happy! They were all excited and just wanted to welcome me to the Husker family and to Husker Nation.”

There were several major factors that made Farniok pick Nebraska over Iowa, Michigan State and all the rest of his offers, but in reality it came down to the relationships he had built during his several trips to Lincoln over the past couple of years.

“It really just felt right,” Farniok explained. “I liked the fans, I got along well with the players, and I got along well with the coaches. It was everything I wanted and, on top of it, it just felt right.

“It was really just the people. That was the biggest thing for me -- being around people you get along with and who you know you'll be successful with.”

Last edited:
Well said as always.

This is huge news...

It validates what we have talked about many times on this forum that if you get most of your class filled out early (speaking positions), it allows that coach to focus on the lunkers that are left. Cav spent more time in South Dakota than i'm sure he would have wished, but it couldn't have been done if he was spreading out his time to try and still convince Brokop, Wilson, and Raridon. Kudos there.

While it was down to Iowa vs. Nebraska with Michigan State a distant third, don't forget that Stanford and Florida State were flying to Sioux Falls during this whole process to get him on board. He was that dominant in high school and that big of a recruit that two major programs from talent-rich states like California and Florida left their own backyards to try and sway him. Biggest recruit I can remember from a position of need in quite some time.

Now its over as optimistic as I was I have to agree with you. :)

Lets close this sucker out and land in the Top 20 and hopefully win over those folk who have not yet been convinced where this staff and team is headed.

I am not a rankings guy as you well know but if helps to unite the factions among Husker fans then I am on-board.

Absolutely. As far as Farniok's verbal, now that it has happened, I find I am more relieved than excited. Not landing him would have been devastating to this class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back