• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fair question. Who has confidence Frost can turn this around?

Seriously what gives any idea that this system will work. HCSF is life support because his offense it high school like and lacks P5 sophistication. We are imploding and not exploding. I would like to see a real ray of hope because so far this is a 10-21 effort with no signs of change.
Scott Frost is in over his head. He was a star at UCF but Big Ten coaches are out coaching him every week. We keep getting told that recruiting has improved but I am not seeing any star power on the field. There are no decent running backs and the OL is a bunch of undisciplined underachievers. His QB's are confused by what other teams do. There is no flow or rhythm in the offense. AM and Luke run for their lives every play it seems.

I live in Minnesota and my friends have been polite about the huskers. When I brought up my Frost concerns to them they all quickly agreed, as if they had been seeing the same thing (in over his head) but didn't want to say anything.

I’ll tell ya what would help my fading confidence.

- Get Luke heavily involved in the offense at a position other than QB.

- Get Betts way more involved.

- Stop running Wandale as if he was 220 lbs.

- Without naming names, hold players accountable for their mistakes and failures and pull them from the game if need be.

- Don’t get so darn gimmicky with the play calling.

- In short yardage get under center and run it down someone’s throat.

Just my short list for starters.

Last edited:
Scott Frost is in over his head. He was a star at UCF but Big Ten coaches are out coaching him every week. We keep getting told that recruiting has improved but I am not seeing any star power on the field. There are no decent running backs and the OL is a bunch of undisciplined underachievers. His QB's are confused by what other teams do. There is no flow or rhythm in the offense. AM and Luke run for their lives every play it seems.
What’s sad is, no one can really argue any of this.

I live in Minnesota and my friends have been polite about the huskers. When I brought up my Frost concerns to them they all quickly agreed, as if they had been seeing the same thing (in over his head) but didn't want to say anything.
Your friends are nicer than mine. Mine have been making fun of me and Nebraska for years now.

Minnesota Nice

I think he can. Angel's advocate: There's been a lot of duct tape applied over the years and the Huskers have been fortunate to win games before Frost. As Frost peels off all the layers of duct tape (S/C, nutrition, grades, attitude, football IQ, more S/C, attitude, and don't forget attitude), it get messy, before it gets better. I know when I clean my garage, I make a much bigger mess before it gets better....maybe a bad analogy. We're not part of practice, so we don't how many layers of duct tape and how much cancer there was to get rid of. Does Frost get a free pass because he's a former Husker, no, however, maybe he gets a longer benefit of the doubt to turn things around.....not only the players but his coaching style and the asst coaches. It would awesome for Husker fan base to eliminate the word "fire" and replace with "accountable"...for the whole team.

Can Scott get it done? Sure. Will he? Don’t know. Illinois was the sort of defining loss that killed off Riley (Northern IL), Callahan (Oklahoma State) and Frank (KSU). As others have stated, we need to make some big changes. I have no clue what they are.

Agree for sure he gets next year, as he should, and probably 2022 if he can at least get to .500 in 2021.

I think he can and will.

I know many here don't agree with this stance, but I consider this a mulligan season. How different does 2020 look with our original schedule? How many of the kinks we're still seeing with the kids playing significant roles and minutes would be worked out by now and would this team be hovering around .500 today? It's hard to say. I do think it would certainly look different.

What has to happen first in the 'Turn it around' arena is just winning football games. He does that and we can start looking at the improvement required to contend for Division titles and beyond.

The program was not in good shape when he got here and his scorched earth roster management style with a portion of the existing roster and his own classes of recruits is puzzling and hasn't helped. I get wanting the kids to buy in and do things the right way, but you have to be consistent in the enforcement of your rules and culture.

If Frost is only given through the end of next year to do what he has to do to win, it's 50/50. I'm fine with trending in the right direction and no, for the record if 2020 wasn't vastly altered by Covid, this wouldn't be 'trending in the right direction'.

It's time for improvement that results in wins. It needs to start next year, or if he wants to get a head start on it, why not finish off this year strong?

Well, considering we are still seeing the same issues we saw in his first year, covid shortened schedule should not be an excuse for bad play. That is just my opinion, and I don't want Frost fired. If he does nothing at the end of the year, my confidence will drop dramatically!

Again, IMO, this should not be a free pass year.

When he says stuff like earlier today where he’s absolutely not going to move Jurgens, I have serious doubts about his long-term success. My thought is he is way too stubborn for his own good. The reality is, there is a fine line between stubbornness and being closed minded. As everyone pretty much understands, wins change everything. He can be as stubborn or whatever as he wants to be as long as he starts producing W’s.... otherwise, he won’t make it past two more years at this rate. Nor should he. You can’t have five straight losing seasons at Nebraska.
I’d love to believe him, I want to believe him, but I am very worried at the moment. And if in two more years we’re saying the same things, turning corners... you can’t see what we see outside the program, things are changing.... blah blah blah.... he will have nobody to blame but himself.
So here’s hoping.....

I’m not overly confident at all. I don’t have anything to really go on. The team keeps losing, plays sloppy, keeps losing players, and says it’s close. Maybe they are, but I’m not seeing it. I’m not saying Frost needs to be fired either. I think he gets one more year. Certainly can’t keep going like this without some major improvement.
If you mean by saying turn around....get us to 500 ball. Then yes I think he can. The ceiling for us in this league is only slightly more than 500, year in year out. I don’t care who the coach is.

How many other coaches have turned a program around after three losing seasons ( of his tenure), and played for championships? As of now, I have little belief Frost can get it done. He was supposed to be an Off genius, yet the Off has gotten worse each year. Please prove me wrong Scott, "turn that corner", please.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back