• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fair question. Who has confidence Frost can turn this around?

I agree with Tad Stryker per his article. I don't understand why Frost is not implementing the changes Tad pointed out. I don't think Frost gets only one more year. But there has to be a limit where wins get a higher priority than some unknown personal or personnel issues. Otherwise we will continue to be the punching bag on BTN and that is not a good thing for the program!

Last edited:
I have a lot of confidence that he CAN do it!

My confidence is shaken a bit that he WILL do it.

And it really had to start with him. The coach himself. He’s going to have to put a big effort into being less stubborn, and a big effort into maturing as a coach and learning....And not doing stupid things that set a bad example for the team. How can he expect his team to play mistake free when he doesn’t even challenge a call that will obviously affect the early outcome of a game. Or misses calling a time out because his head’s in a playbook.

He has to realize what conference he is actually competing in and what it will take to be successful in that conference. This isn’t the Big 12 he played in,or the Pac 12 or the American conference. It’s the Big 10 .....he simply has to embrace that whole heartedly.

Keep up the recruiting.... build some experience, depth, and actually start to develop players and learn and mature as a head coach....and I think he can do it.

And he can start demonstrating that Sat against Purdue.

Take a look at next years schedule. Doesn’t look good.
Yup....but you would hope for a little bit better viewing experience then some of the crap shows we are getting.

I think he gets 2022 almost regardless of 2021. But he might even get 2023.

And I think the 2023 schedule is far more conducive and at the same time he should have a fully stocked and experience team by that time.

Long time to wait though. Long time.

The downside is with the way the transfer portal is we bring a new guy in after 2021 and 3/4 of the team transfers out and we are back to square one

I am optimistic HCSF will turn this around. He’s got A TON of work to do in nearly all phases, but I’m hopeful he figured it out. A LOT of the problems I see are self imposed to a certain extent, but he’s not going anywhere else anytime soon, so I assume he’ll analyze & recognize what hasn’t worked & get the program on the right trajectory....and soon.

Full Disclosure: I’ve got several bets (all made 3 years ago) that Frost wins a Natty before Lincoln Riley......so I’m either an eternal optimist or just another blind, delusional idiot. #GBR!

As much as it pains me to say I no longer have confidence Frost can turn this around unless he gets advice from a successful former headcoach. Preferably someone like UM with lots of Big 10 coaching experience. It seems like some assistant coaches clearly aren't getting it done. What is going on with our O-line, RB's and WR's? Special teams are almost laughable. If some of those things aren't fixed or improved there's ZERO chance we'll improve in 2021 imo.

If Frost can't see the handwritting on the wall and where the program is right now perhaps he's not the right coach for Nebraska. Certainly give him 2021 but I have to ask how much damage is being done to the program as it becomes a laughing stock and punching bag? Why would good athletes want to come to Lincoln to play for a losing football program? Yes changing coaches is harmful but so is 4 or 5 or more losing seasons in a row!

I have a lot of confidence that he CAN do it!

My confidence is shaken a bit that he WILL do it.

And it really had to start with him. The coach himself. He’s going to have to put a big effort into being less stubborn, and a big effort into maturing as a coach and learning....And not doing stupid things that set a bad example for the team. How can he expect his team to play mistake free when he doesn’t even challenge a call that will obviously affect the early outcome of a game. Or misses calling a time out because his head’s in a playbook.

He has to realize what conference he is actually competing in and what it will take to be successful in that conference. This isn’t the Big 12 he played in,or the Pac 12 or the American conference. It’s the Big 10 .....he simply has to embrace that whole heartedly.

Keep up the recruiting.... build some experience, depth, and actually start to develop players and learn and mature as a head coach....and I think he can do it.

And he can start demonstrating that Sat against Purdue.

This is where I am. He's going to have to evaluate every piece of the program from S/C, to each assistant to whether he should be calling plays (I'd prefer he focus on game management) to being more intentional about excelling on special teams by having an assistant that has responsibility for that area. The margin for error in a conference like the B1G is extremely small and you can't surrender ground in any aspect and expect to compete at a high level. I still think Frost has the ability to do it but am less confident that he will get it done than I have been any time since he got to NU.

I do think the Illinois game is really looming large in terms of perception. I'd feel differently about the season to this point had we been closer to tOSU at the half than anyone they've played, lost two one score games to Top 25 teams and owned solid wins over Penn State and Illinois. Frost has to figure out how to win close games. Were probably 3-2 with even an average offense. We might even be there with competent special teams play.

The reality is there aren't a lot of obvious choices if we were to make a change. Lance Leipold, maybe, but he's likely to be gone from Buffalo soon. Hopping on the coaching carousel every three to four years hasn't been kind to our program. My own patience is wearing thin but I still think the best decision is to ride this out for a while and hope Scott can make the right decisions to get us on track.

Last edited:

I think he can and will.

I know many here don't agree with this stance, but I consider this a mulligan season. How different does 2020 look with our original schedule? How many of the kinks we're still seeing with the kids playing significant roles and minutes would be worked out by now and would this team be hovering around .500 today? It's hard to say. I do think it would certainly look different.

What has to happen first in the 'Turn it around' arena is just winning football games. He does that and we can start looking at the improvement required to contend for Division titles and beyond.

The program was not in good shape when he got here and his scorched earth roster management style with a portion of the existing roster and his own classes of recruits is puzzling and hasn't helped. I get wanting the kids to buy in and do things the right way, but you have to be consistent in the enforcement of your rules and culture.

If Frost is only given through the end of next year to do what he has to do to win, it's 50/50. I'm fine with trending in the right direction and no, for the record if 2020 wasn't vastly altered by Covid, this wouldn't be 'trending in the right direction'.

It's time for improvement that results in wins. It needs to start next year, or if he wants to get a head start on it, why not finish off this year strong?

I think he can and will.

I know many here don't agree with this stance, but I consider this a mulligan season. How different does 2020 look with our original schedule? How many of the kinks we're still seeing with the kids playing significant roles and minutes would be worked out by now and would this team be hovering around .500 today? It's hard to say. I do think it would certainly look different.

What has to happen first in the 'Turn it around' arena is just winning football games. He does that and we can start looking at the improvement required to contend for Division titles and beyond.

The program was not in good shape when he got here and his scorched earth roster management style with a portion of the existing roster and his own classes of recruits is puzzling and hasn't helped. I get wanting the kids to buy in and do things the right way, but you have to be consistent in the enforcement of your rules and culture.

If Frost is only given through the end of next year to do what he has to do to win, it's 50/50. I'm fine with trending in the right direction and no, for the record if 2020 wasn't vastly altered by Covid, this wouldn't be 'trending in the right direction'.

It's time for improvement that results in wins. It needs to start next year, or if he wants to get a head start on it, why not finish off this year strong?

This type of thinking isn't allowed.

No chance. If I saw any semblance of improvement in Fraud's teams over the years, instead of regression, then maybe I'd hold out some hope. But this team sucks at the things that are relatively easy to correct.

I don't know when Fraud will get fired. Maybe he'll get one more year or maybe two. But he's in over his head, and that's not gonna change.

No chance. If I saw any semblance of improvement in Fraud's teams over the years, instead of regression, then maybe I'd hold out some hope. But this team sucks at the things that are relatively easy to correct.

I don't know when Fraud will get fired. Maybe he'll get one more year or maybe two. But he's in over his head, and that's not gonna change.

:Lol:

I think he can and will.

I think they need to fire Ferentz, Hairball and the PSU coach, how dare they? ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back