• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fair question. Who has confidence Frost can turn this around?

I’m not overly confident at all. I don’t have anything to really go on. The team keeps losing, plays sloppy, keeps losing players, and says it’s close. Maybe they are, but I’m not seeing it. I’m not saying Frost needs to be fired either. I think he gets one more year. Certainly can’t keep going like this without some major improvement.
Lol I love the “fair question” references. Reminds me of the movie “She’s out of my league.” The brother asks “what is a girl like you doing with him?” The the dad says “fair question.” LOL

I'm hearing too much chatter about Frost. Sure he gets paid well enough to get criticized but everytime we tear him down we are tearing down our own team. As Nebraska fans we have to be better. The fans and media are hurting this team more than they are helping right now. These kids feel the negativity and it doesn't help the program from a recruiting stand point at all and it's easy to see they are all in their own heads already. Positivity goes a long way in a work environment and we need to be helping to uplift this team and young head coach. News to everyone. Frost is our guy. We are in a global pandemic and the dude has like 7 years on his contract. More important stuff going on then paying him 35 million dollars to not work for us. So if we are stuck with him then we should do our part and build this program up as fans. I would argue Nebraska fans have been worse the last 20 years than the team has and it's disappointing. As far as media stop falling for their sad stories and negativity. They dont care about the team they just want to sell their news. Come on Husker fans. Strength in numbers. Rant over

I'm hearing too much chatter about Frost. Sure he gets paid well enough to get criticized but everytime we tear him down we are tearing down our own team. As Nebraska fans we have to be better. The fans and media are hurting this team more than they are helping right now. These kids feel the negativity and it doesn't help the program from a recruiting stand point at all and it's easy to see they are all in their own heads already. Positivity goes a long way in a work environment and we need to be helping to uplift this team and young head coach. News to everyone. Frost is our guy. We are in a global pandemic and the dude has like 7 years on his contract. More important stuff going on then paying him 35 million dollars to not work for us. So if we are stuck with him then we should do our part and build this program up as fans. I would argue Nebraska fans have been worse the last 20 years than the team has and it's disappointing. As far as media stop falling for their sad stories and negativity. They dont care about the team they just want to sell their news. Come on Husker fans. Strength in numbers. Rant over
The facts are this is a coach that is 10-19 at Nebraska. Things will not be nor should they be all sunshine and rainbows from the fans or the media. The noise in Tennessee is just as bad right now and it will be like this in any community that cares about college football. I don't understand this "only if we could hug it out" the team will start playing better and the coach will start coaching better mentality.

We have found out the self proclaimed greatest fans are not as great as they think they are. You are right, we need to do better also.

Last edited:
I think he can. Angel's advocate: There's been a lot of duct tape applied over the years and the Huskers have been fortunate to win games before Frost. As Frost peels off all the layers of duct tape (S/C, nutrition, grades, attitude, football IQ, more S/C, attitude, and don't forget attitude), it get messy, before it gets better. I know when I clean my garage, I make a much bigger mess before it gets better....maybe a bad analogy. We're not part of practice, so we don't how many layers of duct tape and how much cancer there was to get rid of. Does Frost get a free pass because he's a former Husker, no, however, maybe he gets a longer benefit of the doubt to turn things around.....not only the players but his coaching style and the asst coaches. It would awesome for Husker fan base to eliminate the word "fire" and replace with "accountable"...for the whole team.
Love your take on all this

I just watched a video from Carriker on why he thought Nebraska was losing kids to the transfer portal and he basically brought up all the reasons we had discussed. But then he gave the example of Barry Alvarez whom I think we all respect as a “program builder.”

Alvarez’s first three years at Wisconsin were all losing records and he won a total of 5 Big Ten games in those three years combined:
1-10 ......0-8 Big 10
5-6 ......2-6 Big 10
5-6 .......3-5 Big 10
In his first three years he had a total of 50 players leave the program!

And this was before the ease of the transfer portal.

Holy cow..... talk about building a program from the bottom up and building a culture that you want.

That information just floored me. And you have to remember this was in the years when Big 10 teams scheduled three “lesser” out of conference games to help pad their records. Nobody scheduled a top 10 team to play in your out of conference in those years.
Ohhhhh man ..... using facts and truth to frame an argument ...... how dare you :Dighole:

I love this attitude! It's true Husker Fan attitude. It's attitude of acting like we've been there before and we're champions. It's attitude to improve the "brand image" and identity of being a Cornhusker. It's attitude of holding coaches, players and fans accountable. It's self accountability. I'm on your bandwagon and I'll keep bringing fresh red paint!! We all walk under the same sign......"Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football" (So, I ask myself "Am I acting like a great Husker fan that my kids are proud of?) In The Deed, The Glory! GBR!!

I love this attitude! It's true Husker Fan attitude. It's attitude of acting like we've been there before and we're champions. It's attitude to improve the "brand image" and identity of being a Cornhusker. It's attitude of holding coaches, players and fans accountable. It's self accountability. I'm on your bandwagon and I'll keep bringing fresh red paint!! We all walk under the same sign......"Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football" (So, I ask myself "Am I acting like a great Husker fan that my kids are proud of?) In The Deed, The Glory! GBR!!
We have to remember also that this forum, this website, is a very small part of husker nation. I really have no idea (maybe someone can enlighten me) how many people belong to this subscription website; 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, but it is a very small proportion of all that is husker nation. And within that small group are a vocal minority, many with a primarily negative perception of everything that’s happening. Admittedly there are many questions and concerns about the program shared by anyone with a love for husker football. Many of the vocal minority claim to have ALL solutions for what ails the huskers. They may or may not have the answers. I plan on being the most supportive fan in husker nation. Focused on what I can control not what I WANT to control or what I CAN’T control I would bet every single fan of the huskers are putting themselves in HCSF’s shoes thinking “this is what I would do”. Fun to speculate about what to do but that’s all it is. It just AIN’T GONNA HAPPEN !!!!!! And if it does happen it will be PURE coincidence. Keep the faith my friends
GO BIG RED

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back