• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Eichorst Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree. I try to error on being sure of things, before conference play firing the AD is bold. They must have seen enough.

I'll tell you this much, B1G and booster money goes a longgggg way.

Indeed it does. Which isn't always a good thing, ask Texas.

We are experiencing a roster devoid of depth and several of you think it's no big deal if we lose the 2018 class?

A. With competent coaching, people would feel a lot better about our starters AND our depth.

The sacred recruiting rankings indicate that NU has about the 21st best roster in the country right now. It's not our players' fault that they are underutilized.

B. I don't accept your premise that this kills the 2018 class, for a number of reasons. Even if we fire Riley on Black Friday (or Saturday) or whatever, the new staff can salvage a class - we know because of three coaching changes previously.

200.gif

Came sooner than I thought. Friend of mine told me something big was in the wind last Monday. Did not expect it to be the AD. Thought it would be Riley. What is next? Speculation as who the next AD will be? Let the rumor mill churn.

virtually no chance in recruiting. whether or not riley is a dead man walking that will be a successful sell to recruits.

nu should essentially fire riley after the next loss and get it over with.
Well, we're obviously in a feeding frenzy now. That is certain.

I don't want to turn this into a recruiting conversation but we are 37 due to only having 10 commits at this point. We are noticeably higher when you look at our commit's individual ratings.

That's been the case year after year for some time. NU is usually high in average stars, and then it drops over time as the class is filled with more 3 stars.

Nothing wrong with that, but the late summer and early fall "star average" ranking excitement is sort of silly. It's almost inevitable that the average will drop.

I still wonder if Riley planned that he was probably going to be gone after a few years! If he has the right financial people and if a buyout he is set for life. He is close to retirement anyway

I highly doubt that Riley was using NU for his retirement package. He was set for life before he ever stepped foot on campus and doesn't seem to have a devious bone in his body.

Everyone needs to quit quoting killing recruiting... that's going to happen if we go 6-6 anyway. When was our last commit when we had an AD? Over 2 months? If we are losing to Northern Illinois an 18 year old ain't helping us with 2018's schedule.
I think the point with recruiting is everyone knows what a new AD means. Say he went 7-5 or 8-4 and SE was not fired...that keeps the recruiting class in place probably.

6-6 sinks is either way.

BUT with the AD fired everyone and their brother knows what that means for riley...whether it's now or next year he's gone. The jackyls will only accept a nebraska boy in that seat and that's not riley. So now 7-5 or 8-4 probably doesn't save him because the whole nation now knows riley won't be here for the next 4 years under almost any circumstance. just my take anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back