• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Eichorst Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some fear he's a card carrying member of the Tradition Coalition -- too close to guys like Tom Osborne, for their liking.

A sad, but true story.
That's not true at all. I have no problem with Meyers, Rimmington, Williams, Stewart (assuming he was clean at Missou), etc. Alberts is another story.

Not true, but our administrators and boosters are making it so they don't have to wait thru a 2018 season if this thing goes south. Like i've been saying all along, if Riley goes sub .500, he's gone.
I believe you now. However, I don't think it's going to come to that. 7-5 and he's back for at least one more year!

A little late to the party, but I'm surprised it happened this early in the football season. I'm guessing Eichorst was making people that matter fairly upset, not just recently, but for a while. I figured the firing would happen after another tough to swallow loss for the football team.

We are experiencing a roster devoid of depth and several of you think it's no big deal if we lose the 2018 class?

I think that if we reach the point of justifiably firing Riley the on the field results and off the field drama in the media and fan base will have generated such negativity that the impact on recruiting will be negligible.

Not so fast my friend. 9 games left. If he wins them all, I think he stays. And likely there is a number less than 9 that would allow him to survive.
He doesn't have to win them all. If he goes 7-5 I think he stays.

However, the new AD may see it differently.

You do not make a decision on the University of Nebraska based on 17/18 year old kids. This staff even said if they don't get to 8 wins they are worried about the recruiting class. We have 2 losses already.

Completely. The negativity surrounding a 5 win season would be as bad as a coaching change anyway.

Setting the right culture and vision should always trump recruiting.

That's not true at all. I have no problem with Meyers, Rimmington, Williams, Stewart (assuming he was clean at Missou), etc. Alberts is another story.

I genuinely don't know enough about Alberts' style as an AD to have an opinion.

I didn't care for him on ESPN, but I also don't think you could have found a less compatible duo than him and May, so I don't hold that impression against him.

Somone, think his screenname is rat, posted an interesting explanation of what happen with UNO football. I'd be curious to learn more about Trev - off the bat, I like what I've heard about Meyers much more.

I'm amused! We used to fire coaches after five or six years of losing. Now all it takes is a couple of bad games.
And it was burning brightly last Saturday.

Although with Riley's history, Nebraska will probably win 8 out of the last 9.
7-5 in conference should keep his job!

Even if they wanted Eichorst gone this year, this is horrible timing imho. Should have waited a few games to see if the team rebounded and keep the recruits upbeat. Not saying the recruits will bail, but it will be a tool that other programs will use against us.
Agree to an extent, I'm sure salvaging the class is on their minds as well, if not improving. Make the AD move now, lose this weekend and start over. May already have it all figured out, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back