• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Scott Frost Deserve a 5th Season at Nebraska?

conan-o-brien-scheming.gif

First, I'm really tired of the coaching carousel, which brought us this mess.

I'm much more tired of losing five straight seasons than I am of a coaching carousel.

I'd be quite a bit tired of Frost if he goes 5-7 this season or worse and comes back next season. I'd actually be pretty excited to see what a new coach could offer -- that thought doesn't tire me at all. Coaching changes have never worn out my Husker fan loyalty -- and never will.

Last edited:
What about my post was "ht"? All I said was that I didn't see anyone make that assertion. A valid comment and completely relevant to football topic. Stop trying to police the board.
I don’t try to police the board but I do respect RR as a friend

Many here did say it was a must win and important in Sf career

I did not attack anyone and you want to come in with your 2 NF grade playground bully BS

Let’s do it

I'm much more tired of losing five straight seasons than I am of a coaching carousel.

I'd be quite a bit tired of Frost if he goes 5-7 this season or worse and comes back next season. I'd actually be pretty excited to see what a new coach could offer -- that thought doesn't tire me at all. Coaching changes have never worn out my Husker fan loyalty -- and never will.
The coaching carousel is a contributing factor to the constant losing. It's been 20 years since we consistently won games that mattered and contended for division and conference titles. I'm okay allowing Frost 1 more season. When he was hired, I said he needed 5 years to contend in the B1G. If after 5 seasons, we are still having this discussion, then he needs to go. Giving him 1 more isn't gonna make or break any of us.

I don’t try to police the board but I do respect RR as a friend

Many here did say it was a must win and important in Sf career

I did not attack anyone and you want to come in with your 2 NF grade playground bully BS

Let’s do it
Again, what about my post was playground bully bs?

For me, it's a couple of things, none of which involve him being a native son. First, I'm really tired of the coaching carousel, which brought us this mess. Second, if he goes 3-1 and gets us to a bowl, that's progress (baby steps, but progress nonetheless). Yes, his record is bad, and it isn't clear to me that he knows how to right the ship. But if there are signs of progress, I'd rather give it a little more time than take another spin on the carousel. I honestly don't think he's capable of doing better than he has, but I'd be happy to be wrong.
Appreciate your response but your last sentence states your true belief and it is time for SF to go away. This idea that SF leopard spots are going to change is beyond wishful thinking

The coaching carousel is a contributing factor to the constant losing. It's been 20 years since we consistently won games that mattered and contended for division and conference titles. I'm okay allowing Frost 1 more season. When he was hired, I said he needed 5 years to contend in the B1G. If after 5 seasons, we are still having this discussion, then he needs to go. Giving him 1 more isn't gonna make or break any of us.

Hiring bad coaches is the #1 reason for continual losing.

Oklahoma didn't throw in the towel with an "oh well, I'm tired of coaching carousels" after mostly mediocrity under Gibbs, Schnellenberger, and Blake. Alabama didn't give up trying to find a great coach after the underwhelming DuBose, Franchione, and Mike Shula.

I'm tired of the acceptance of mediocre to bad football as a better alternative to a coaching change. 6-6, and I'm okay if Frost is back for another year. And even then I'm ashamed at lowering the bar to the point where a .500 record in year four would be a high point and worthy of continued employment.

Last edited:
This:

"At this point, in Year 4, we are seeing patterns. We are seeing trends. In Year 4, you better be showing tangible evidence on the field that shows the program is ascending. Has Frost done that? The same crippling mistakes have plagued the Huskers for four seasons now. They continue to commit untimely penalties and the special teams remain putrid, despite a renewed emphasis on them during the offseason. We consistently see questionable play calling, poor clock management and a lack of in-game adjustments. The team plays undisciplined and their attention to detail in critical situations during the game is a major problem."​

And this:

"I think we're at the point where if Scott Frost knew how to fix these issues, we would be seeing signs of it by now."​

Make it really hard to come up with a positive answer. Reading through this thread, and the others, it sorta seems like peeps are hanging onto hope that somehow the shipped hasn't really sailed, and can be 'righted'.

Not sure what's going to make these things that were in the article change, because they haven't.

Hiring bad coaches is the #1 reason for continual losing.

Oklahoma didn't throw in the towel with an "oh well, I'm tired of coaching carousels" after mostly mediocrity under Gibbs, Schnellenberger, and Blake. Alabama didn't give up trying to find a great coach after the underwhelming DuBose, Franchione, and Mike Shula.

I'm tired of the acceptance of mediocre to bad football as a better alternative to a coaching change. 6-6, and I'm okay if Frost is back for another year. And even then I'm ashamed at lowering the ball to the point where a .500 record in year four would be a high point and worthy of continued employment.
I don't disagree with anything you're saying here. I'm tired of losing too. Even though I said Scott deserved 5 years, I did expect we'd be winning more games than we are. My position is that I believe Scott can and will figure it out and so I'm okay with 1 more year. It's not going to affect the long term success of the program by giving him 1 more season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back