• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Scott Frost Deserve a 5th Season at Nebraska?

2-2 and he gets retained. 1-3 it maybe difficult but also Alberts has to factor in 20 some million in payouts when you factor in Asst coaches, etc. I also do not think Alberts wants to do this his first year.

Liked what Shatel had stated. Going 2-2 means you have beaten someone you haven't beaten in years. If they go 5-7 still think they have a chance at a bowl.

It took three years but Frost now has his roster after realizing some things size and speed wise were not going to work. About 75% of the roster are Sophomores or younger. Next couple of years the schedule considerably loosens up.

Also, there has been considerable improvement in areas as some have mentioned.

You almost can make a pros and cons list on paper. Reminds me of the episode from "The Office" when they were trying to determine whether or not Hillary Swank was hot (and ironically born in Lincoln).
5-7 The bottom dwellers bowl.

That certainly is reasonable enough evidence that T.A. is likely evaluating.
If the data point's and scoreboard are sufficient enough historically to call this a pattern I believe that our A.D decides what is best for Nebraska, not Coach Frost.
What decision best rehabilitates the current statics.
IMHO.
GBR!

giphy.webp

I am wanting to continue to give Frost the longest leash we can, but...

How can anyone read this whole article (not just the headline and not just the turnover stat) and say he should not be fired if he doesn't beat Purdue and Wisconsin (at least) and probably also get an upset against Iowa??
Short quote from the article:

Frost is 15-25 (.375 win %) as coach of Nebraska. He still doesn't have a signature win. Heck, he still hasn't beaten a team with a pulse. Of his 15 wins, five came against teams from the FCS (2018 Bethune-Cookman, 2021 Fordham), Sun Belt (2019 South Alabama) and MAC (2019 Northern Illinois, 2021 Buffalo). Of his 10 wins against Power Five opponents, only two of those teams (Minnesota, Michigan State) finished with a winning record. Both were 7-6 in 2018.

There are 55 FBS coaches who have coached as many games as Scott Frost at their current school. Thirty-two of those coaches are also at Power Five schools. Among his peers, Frost ranks in the bottom 3 in overall winning %, winning % against conference opponents, winning % against teams with a winning record, winning % against teams with a winning conference record, winning % against Power Five teams and winning % against Top 25 teams.

And for those pointing to the small class this year in relation to the low recruiting ranking, the article also states that going solely by average star ranking, this year's class is still 11th in the Big Ten... Yikes. We have enough good talent on this roster to keep going another year and to give a new coach time to start.

But what about the transfer portal OUT after this year if Frost doesn't go 2-2 or 3-1???

I think this question is premature. The remaining games are significant data points when looking at Frost's body of work. It will tell us if the close games vs ranked teams this year were aberrations, or if it was the start of a trend, and Minnesota was the aberration. If we continue to play poor Offensive football like vs Minny and Illinois, and/or play flat, it will provide more evidence to the idea that Frost doesn't know how to fix what's ailing the program. If he reels off a couple wins, then it could suggest that he's finally figuring some things out, even if it is a little late.....

And for those pointing to the small class this year in relation to the low recruiting ranking, the article also states that going solely by average star ranking, this year's class is still 11th in the Big Ten... Yikes. We have enough good talent on this roster to keep going another year and to give a new coach time to start.

But what about the transfer portal OUT after this year if Frost doesn't go 2-2 or 3-1???
I've said it before and I'll say it again - we have the talent on this team right now to be winning 7,8,9 games a year. If Frost is retained and doesn't turn it around next year, that talent will be gone. The new coach will truly have a rebuilding problem on his hands.

When you say:

"They continue to turn the ball over at an alarming rate; Nebraska has fumbled 89 times (lost 38) and thrown 32 picks in 40 Frost-coached games."

This year, we turn the ball over 1.1 times a game (and force 1.3 turnovers a game). Last year we turned it over 2.3 times a game and forced .9 a game (the two previous years, it was 1.8 TOs per game we gave away).

The 1.1 TOs per game ranks us around #40 for fewest per game nationwide this year, with a drastic improvement from last year & previous averages. It was previously a significant issue, but you think it's accurate to say that a stat where we've literally cut mistakes by more than half & are now in the top 1/3 of the country "continues (to be) alarming"?

I wish it were possible to chart the consequences of the turnovers we do have because it sure seems they come at the most inopportune times.

I think this question is premature. The remaining games are significant data points when looking at Frost's body of work. It will tell us if the close games vs ranked teams this year were aberrations, or if it was the start of a trend, and Minnesota was the aberration. If we continue to play poor Offensive football like vs Minny and Illinois, and/or play flat, it will provide more evidence to the idea that Frost doesn't know how to fix what's ailing the program. If he reels off a couple wins, then it could suggest that he's finally figuring some things out, even if it is a little late.....
I looked at the body of work and what the coaches were able to do in the off season of conditioning and spring and fall practices. we heard as we have over the years that the team is much improved, we have cleaned up the little thing and the team is responding in a positive manner.

Then came what many claimed to be the most important game in SF career… ILL and the team laid down the biggest egg of his career

Didn’t really need to see much more as the year changed but the story didnt

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back