• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Scott Frost Deserve a 5th Season at Nebraska?

If he wasn’t Scott Frost, he would have been gone after last season. 90% of this board would have backed it. There would not have been a 4th season, let alone a 5th.
No for sure way to know that. I would say it is highly unlikely in that Moos hires a guy and then pulls the plug on his own choice after 3 seasons. A lot of factors would be at play in a decision like that, not just the fact that the coach is not Scott Frost.

No for sure way to know that. I would say it is highly unlikely in that Moos hires a guy and then pulls the plug on his own choice after 3 seasons. A lot of factors would be at play in a decision like that, not just the fact that the coach is not Scott Frost.
No way, no how. The only reason he is still here, is because he is Scott Frost. That’s a fact, given the 12-20. No way.

I’m a reasonable person, and what you’ve said is direct, and harsh, but, you can’t argue it at all. That last paragraph is 100% true, and a huge kick in the sack. Martinez is the farthest thing from clutch, maybe, that I’ve ever seen, for this long of period of time. Especially, given the type of athlete Martinez is. Scott hitched the wagon, and has been riding $20,000,000 on him, so far.
I know it’s direct but if we are honest AM produces stats but never closes at the end of the game.

After 40 games why would anyone think this changes ?

In '22, OU plays in Lincoln, and the toughest two B10 games are after bye weeks (at Mich and at Wisc).

5 B10 games that we used to count as wins, but now are 50-50, are all in Lincoln (or Ireland).

Two ways to slice the rest of '21:
1. If he hasn't lost the team and we play tough the rest of the year, he gets year 5.
2. If we don't have the coach in hand that will positively impact the program, he gets year 5.

Oh but unless I’m mistaken you want SF back as coach. Just why?
I never stated, or even insinuated that Frost doesn't make mistakes. I think he coached some pretty good football in the OU, MSU, and UM games. He just hasn't figured out yet how to coach those last few minutes yet. I'm confident he will figure out good strategies for closing out close games like that, and when he does, it's gonna be fun.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - we have the talent on this team right now to be winning 7,8,9 games a year. If Frost is retained and doesn't turn it around next year, that talent will be gone. The new coach will truly have a rebuilding problem on his hands.
most of that talent will be gone after this year.

I never stated, or even insinuated that Frost doesn't make mistakes. I think he coached some pretty good football in the OU, MSU, and UM games. He just hasn't figured out yet how to coach those last few minutes yet. I'm confident he will figure out good strategies for closing out close games like that, and when he does, it's gonna be fun.
a lot of emphasis on the last few minutes of a game. A lot of mistakes and head scratchers along with pathetic special teams issues in the first 45 minutes

Your level of faith exceeds mine.

SF record suggests he’s a loser as he ranks in bottom 10% of coaches. You acknowledge he is not good at play calling and game management. He can’t mange special teams. His team is consistently undisciplined. Hasn’t managed to develop a backup Qi in four years. he won’t fire bad assistant coaches. Nebraska boys won’t play for him. I could go on

just why the hell do you have faith in him ?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back