• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Colson Yankoff **** Dual-Threat QB Commits to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the sake of housekeeping, HHS and I are just playing and I am bowing out of this line of posting before the authorities drop the hammer.
rk01_giudice.gif
Good idea. And yes, I was just playing.

Arguably a better prospect coming out than either POB or Gebbia. I really like his film.
Hmm. I think Gebbia was a hell of a qb. It's close though. I'd give him the edge over Yankoff but I think Gebbia size hurts his overall look. That will be improved greatly. Obrien really looked good in camps and has a great arm. What a qb room that would be. Qb room transformation already rivals the linebacker room... In terms of flipping from no depth to too much talent quickly.

Arguably a better prospect coming out than either POB or Gebbia. I really like his film.
Agree - this kid didn't have near the star power to throw to as Gebbia and looks to have more "tools" than POB. But that's quite the QB we have received verbals from 3 straight years if it comes to fruition.

Agree - this kid didn't have near the star power to throw to as Gebbia and looks to have more "tools" than POB. But that's quite the QB we have received verbals from 3 straight years if it comes to fruition.

Yup without a doubt.

Tea leaves seem to be trending our way on this one.

For those that may not know Riley is not adverse to having a dual threat QB as he showed at Oregon State if he can throw the ball with some accuracy,

First thing they look at is accuracy. If you can run all the better.

Ok, so the question could be, if you are a dual threat, do you have to be as accurate if the threat of running is there? By that I mean if the D knows you are a pretty good passer, but they have to be aware of your legs does that open up the receivers just a bit so that you don't have to be 'pin point' accurate. Does that question make sense?

Ok, so the question could be, if you are a dual threat, do you have to be as accurate if the threat of running is there? By that I mean if the D knows you are a pretty good passer, but they have to be aware of your legs does that open up the receivers just a bit so that you don't have to be 'pin point' accurate. Does that question make sense?
I think this staffs #1 priority is accuracy, they won't look at someone and say "he's not as accurate as we'd like, but since he can run we will offer." I think they will prioritize a guy that can run over someone more stationary, but they have to have to be in the same tier of accuracy. Especially after the last two years they've had, Langsdorf did a great job of not showing the frustration I know he had.

I think this staffs #1 priority is accuracy, they won't look at someone and say "he's not as accurate as we'd like, but since he can run we will offer." I think they will prioritize a guy that can run over someone more stationary, but they have to have to be in the same tier of accuracy. Especially after the last two years they've had, Langsdorf did a great job of not showing the frustration I know he had.

Makes sense.

Hmm. I think Gebbia was a hell of a qb. It's close though. I'd give him the edge over Yankoff but I think Gebbia size hurts his overall look. That will be improved greatly. Obrien really looked good in camps and has a great arm. What a qb room that would be. Qb room transformation already rivals the linebacker room... In terms of flipping from no depth to too much talent quickly.

A class QB is almost always the most important recruit in your class. Langsdorf has done a great job of adding talent, no doubt. Colson would be the most important recruit in this class (IMPO, even moreso than Bookie) - based on pure talent and the position he plays. I have a hard time seeing a scenario where POB and Gebbia both finish their careers at Nebraska...

If Tanner Lee wins the job and plays either a year or two, that would mean a POB vs. Gebbia competition eventually to take over for Lee. The loser of that battle likely transfers since there is only one year separating them. Especially if that ends up being Gebbia, no way (IMPO) POB sticks around if a guy under him beats him out. MAYBE Gebbia stays if he gets beaten out by POB, but I doubt it...

IF POB wins the job over Lee, would Gebbia stick around for the next several years and sit? Maybe the coaches try and sell him on POB leaving early for the pros and Gebbia getting a couple years down the line. Obviously a lot of factors go into that senario...

This is why it is so darn important to bring in a solid, top-of-your-board QB in each class like Langsdorf has done the last two years with POB and Gebbia. Attrition at the QB spot is so common. Nebraska has seen it first-hand over the last decade or so with guys like Harrison Beck, Patrick Witt, Cody Green, Bronson Marsh, Johnny Stanton, Brion Carnes, AJ Bush...not to mention adding guys via transfer like Sam Keller and Tanner Lee. Just because the QB room looks promising now, the flip side of that coin is the attrition that happens when the cream rises to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back