• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Colson Yankoff **** Dual-Threat QB Commits to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/n...of10_Neb&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

"4-star quarterback Colson Yankoff, the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback in the 2018 class, will be visiting Lincoln sometime in March.

“Esto Perpetua” is the state motto of Idaho, where Yankoff lives. He’s also the only player in the 2018 class from that state who Nebraska has offered.

So the subtle-but-not-so-subtle hint was easily decodable.

Regardless, this is pretty big news for Nebraska.

Yankoff is a former Oregon commit and holds 21 offers, including from Baylor, Ole Miss, TCU, Tennessee and Texas Tech. The 6-foot-4, 200-pound quarterback threw for 3,129 yards and 27 touchdowns his junior year at Coeur d’Alene High School. He also ran for 968 yards and 26 touchdowns that season.

With redshirt junior Tanner Lee, redshirt freshman Patrick O’Brien and true freshman Tristan Gebbia as pro-style passers on the roster, Langsdorf has said he would like to have a dual threat QB join the ranks. Yankoff would fill that spot.

Yankoff has already unoffically visited Oregon, Stanford, Tennessee and Georgia."

Last edited:

As long as he is an outstanding passer, it is great that he can run as well. I hope he commits! That said, we need to avoid recruiting any QB that isn't already an outstanding passer.

As long as he is an outstanding passer, it is great that he can run as well. I hope he commits! That said, we need to avoid recruiting any QB that isn't already an outstanding passer.
I almost agree with this: Mike Leach has said in the past that very few quarterbacks get more accurate, and I tend to agree with him. You can have a kid who is growing into his body and getting stronger, but the accuracy thing doesn't develop a lot more, since it's almost more mental than physical.

So get the accurate guy before the "arm talent" or "play extender". ;)

Come on parents. You have to name your son something like, "Gotta" or "Wanna" if your last name is Yankoff.

It'd be a huge get if we could yank this one off. It would also allow OCDL to continue his cycle of recruiting a year or two out.

I'm betting that he's heard all that kind of crap when he was in grade school, probably by the sixth grade. I'd also guess he is grateful to be more mature now so he don't have to tolerate idiots that insist on juvenile behavior.
This type of thing creates mental toughness.

It would be great if we could get a commit soon from our class QB, but we are not yet behind schedule based on the past two. The last two were signed May 21 (POB) and April 4 (Gebbia)

He's heard the name thing a million times I'm sure. He probably ignores it. If he really becomes a target or commit for us, I think this board will get used to it and ignore it pretty quickly too.

He's heard the name thing a million times I'm sure. He probably ignores it. If he really becomes a target or commit for us, I think this board will get used to it and ignore it pretty quickly too.
Opposing fans will be more than willing to remind us.:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back