• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chinander is terrible, imo.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date
For real though, Chinander needs to go. I'm sorry, it's a crappy part of the game, but he's not cut out for Big 10 football. His unit looks confused, uninterested, and inept. They are not world beaters talent wise, but they are certainly not in the bottom 30.

At least we have seen the offense succeed despite numerous injuries, the ongoing saga of Maurice Washington, and a crap ton of young starters. They have had their share of probelms, sure, but it's like watching two different teams. The offense actually looks like they want to win. The Blackshirts look beat before the play starts.

We have a passionte head coach. A coach that is ALL Nebraska. Zero discussion there.....I think(?)

He has that BEAUTIFUL loyal gene that all of us Nebraskans have. My fellow Nebraskans....don't ever lose that by the way!

The down side is.....in modern day college football that can (unfortunately )
be seen as a detriment.

We have a coach who would ( In my opinion? ) give his life for this program.

I do hope (as a borne and bred Nebraskan) that he finds the courage and strength to make the necesssary ADJUSTMENTS to his staff to allow us to return where we we ARE IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.....TOP 5!

Yep, finally caught the ball a couple of times but fumbled. Graduate transfers shouldn't be making freshman mistakes. And he still struggles ri Greer open
Yeah that fumble wa
I know I’m in the minority, but I still think Bo did it intentionally. He wanted fired so bad the last 3 years. Couldn’t just quit, too much money to collect. I think he absolutely HATED his bosses so bad. He didn’t suddenly get stupid.
I think he was stubborn to change after teams figured him out, laughable to think he did it on purpose. You would have to be a world class pos to purposely put 18-22 yr old kids in position to fail on purpose

Will the "personnel issues" be solved after next year, or will it be after 5 total recruiting classes...so maybe the 22 season? Would also give the S&C and walk-on programs to kick in. Maybe SF can get a few pointers from Fleck on how to row a boat.
That's why I give it time to see. Do you believe Domann can continue to develop into an every down backer? Do you believe Nelson has to potential to get after the passer? Or how about Alston, or Tannor, or Hannah, or Graham, or anyone we can get over the next few years. What was inherited was faulted. What defensive scheme makes Alex Davis better, keeps Domann from getting hurt, allows Tannor to better take on blockers that have 80+ pounds on him or can reel in Nelson to play assignment based football as a true freshman and not make "freshman mistakes."

They may be resolved by pieces that need more time, or it may be a scheme fit, we won't know until we give it a chance to work. Also, If you're relying on your walk-on program to get you back to a top 15 team, you will not become a top 15 team. Nothing against the program, but walk-ons are nice and can help but you never COUNT on them actually panning out, you're just pleasantly surprised when they do.

If you believe it's a scheme issue, then enlighten me, what scheme would work this year with the "personnel issues" you've seen through 8 games this year, or the 12 from last year?

I don't want to ruin their chance to contribute to the board :p
I'm honestly more curious as to why they excluded the stats they did (spoiler alert, they don't support their agenda).
Also, W/L is definitely a team stat that the defense can get credit for as well as the offense, they play hand in hand. There's a reason that the higher your offensive ranking typically the lower you go in defensive ranking or vice versa. Scott Frost runs an uptempo, explosive play offense which means regardless of defensive scheme, they will give up more yards and as a byproduct give up more points. Conversely, that also creates more opportunities for sacks/turnovers which boost up that defenses stats as well. However, only one of those stats were cherry picked (see the side for which agenda you are pushing for), but regardless, any coach will tell you the stat they care most about offensive and defensively is the W/L, which is why I included that in stats requested :)

It's no coincidence that the more Wisconsin is stopped on third downs(third down conversion percentage is lower), the more yards/points their defense gives up, which is how they went from being #1 defensively the first few weeks, to losing by 30 today.

W/L is a team stat and not a true indicator of defensive acumen, especially when you have an offense the quality of UCF in 2017. Anyway, just post the dang stats that you want so much or stop bringing it up. I will help you out, here is your precious W/L

2016 6-7
2017 13-0
2018 4-8
2019 4-4 and well on their way to 4-8

Your turn

C

Last edited:
He was afforded the same capabilities and he responded with "I will post more about this after the game," but that was back on page 2 or 3 so I don't blame you for not checking. I greatly await his response but in the meantime, none of my questions have been adressed (which were the same questions I posed to him.

So, when making this thread, you mean to tell me you had zero intention of hoping chinander gets replaced? Pushing and posting for your agenda is the exact definition of trying to run him out of town lol. It's not your decision but spreading discontent is your way of getting those in the power to do so to represent you and your beliefs.

I'm not trying to change your beliefs, I've already stated mine on the matter, I just want to hold you to a logical reason as to why you have those beliefs and support your position and create educated open dialogue for the betterment of all parties involved. So far though you have failed to meet even the smallest of expectations for logical engagement.

If you would like to partake, please answer the following, what scheme (from a top notch DC since you're so certain ours isn't/can't become one) works with our personnel issues?
Do any of the other stats you mention matter much when they are a terrible scoring defense?

Yeah that fumble wa

I think he was stubborn to change after teams figured him out, laughable to think he did it on purpose. You would have to be a world class pos to purposely put 18-22 yr old kids in position to fail on purpose
I just think he didn’t make changes. I think he knew. I know he wasn’t stupid. He wanted out, and to do that, he had to be fired and he knew it. Nothing is laughable man when 7-8 million is on the line, NOTHING.

Sorry....I get so sick and tired of posters like Red Storm Rising denigrating posters questioning anything in regard's to the staff....and then have him/her (?) start a thread like this.

C'mon man.........

Yeah that fumble wa

Yep. I don't want to perpetuate the BP discussion, but thinking he did it on purpose is tinfoil hat level thinking.

Red Reign?

You up and running? Thank you for your your diligence!

I'm here as a backup if needed?

That's why I give it time to see. Do you believe Domann can continue to develop into an every down backer? Do you believe Nelson has to potential to get after the passer? Or how about Alston, or Tannor, or Hannah, or Graham, or anyone we can get over the next few years. What was inherited was faulted. What defensive scheme makes Alex Davis better, keeps Domann from getting hurt, allows Tannor to better take on blockers that have 80+ pounds on him or can reel in Nelson to play assignment based football as a true freshman and not make "freshman mistakes."

They may be resolved by pieces that need more time, or it may be a scheme fit, we won't know until we give it a chance to work. Also, If you're relying on your walk-on program to get you back to a top 15 team, you will not become a top 15 team. Nothing against the program, but walk-ons are nice and can help but you never COUNT on them actually panning out, you're just pleasantly surprised when they do.

If you believe it's a scheme issue, then enlighten me, what scheme would work this year with the "personnel issues" you've seen through 8 games this year, or the 12 from last year?
Dont believe it is a scheme issue. IMO it is a coaching issue, basic fundamentals and playing to the scheme that exists are the problems. Plenty of talent to beat teams like CU, Indiana and Minny.

Chin wasn’t all that liked by UCF fans. Even with their winning ways there were calls for him to be replaced.

I love that Frost is loyal but Chin needs to show some progress and fast...and I do think a 3-4 defense can work in the B1G but need a lot more talent and speed...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back