• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chinander is terrible, imo.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

Chinanders total resume
Here is his resume. You tell me if he should be our DC.
Oregon 2014 (OLB) 80th Total D. 30th Scoring D.
Oregon 2015 (OLB) 116th Total D. 115th Scoring D.
UCF 2016 (DC) 39th Total D. 42nd Scoring D.
UCF 2017 (DC) 93rd Total D. 52nd Scoring D.
NU 2018 (DC) 94th Total D. 88th Scoring D.
Feel free to post more stats (turnover margin, W/L, and compare yards per play allowed) or explain why they are excluded. Especially when considering Turnover Margin is a much larger indicator of performance/ win/loss than any of the stats you provided. Once there, we can discuss :)

Feel free to post more stats (turnover margin, W/L, and compare yards per play allowed) or explain why they are excluded. Especially when considering Turnover Margin is a much larger indicator of performance/ win/loss than any of the stats you provided. Once there, we can discuss :)
Why can't you discuss the stats anyone else posts? You only want to discuss the stats you like. That's literally the definition of cherry picking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with this, but the question is, who’s NU going to be able to get? Neither Osborne or SF have much of a “coaching tree” to speak of, and that’s often how these hires happen.

Secondly, a new DC would likely install yet another new scheme. I have to wonder how much the turnover in schemes has hampered the teaching efforts of Chinander, Ruud & Co. I’m not saying this is a totally analogous situation to Callahan’s first year, but back then there were rumblings guys weren’t buying into the scheme and doing what they were supposed to do because it was different than Bo’s scheme when he coached for Solich.
Geez man, apathy has really set in. Now NU can’t even get a few defensive coaches? I don’t buy that. Gotta pay though. Not to mention lots of good young coaches out there who are hungry. I’m not ragging on you, it’s just seemingly, not one person wants to come here? I really don’t buy that. It’s a weak minded thought process. Can’t get players, can’t get coaches. Hell, may as well close up shop and call it good then.

Last edited:

For the record, calling out board members repeatedly is a gross violation of board rules. I'm surprised RedStormRising feels like this behavior is okay even after being warned more than once. Enough with your obsession with me.

I appreciate football discussion on a football forum.
:Cry:

I asked the same of the previous stats posted (which were the same) but the posters never came back. I'm pointing out the cherry picking but redstorm clearly logic is lost upon you.

I point out stats excluded and ask why. The reason being the offender/poster has an agenda they are trying to push and I push more towards objectivity. I want an overall assessment to get to the root of the issues. I don't believe those stats are holistically representative, especially when you consider the W/L of the teams at those times and the marked improvement.

So feel free to enlighten me as to why you believe only the stats they provided should be the sole reason we pick up our pitch forks and chase our DC out of town. Additionally, what scheme (from a top notch DC since you're so certain ours isn't/can't become one) works with our personnel issues?

I completely understand it, IF it truly is a talent issue?

But, as per the talent rags.......its not.

So...what the Hell?

Scott is the right guy ( my opinion ) ......but......his surroundings?

He may have to grow a set. We Nebraskan's are very loyal.....but...cmon man...

I asked the same of the previous stats posted (which were the same) but the posters never came back. I'm pointing out the cherry picking but redstorm clearly logic is lost upon you.

I point out stats excluded and ask why. The reason being the offender/poster has an agenda they are trying to push and I push more towards objectivity. I want an overall assessment to get to the root of the issues. I don't believe those stats are holistically representative, especially when you consider the W/L of the teams at those times and the marked improvement.

So feel free to enlighten me as to why you believe only the stats they provided should be the sole reason we pick up our pitch forks and chase our DC out of town.
Additionally, what scheme (from a top notch DC since you're so certain ours isn't/can't become one) works with our personnel issues?
I never once said they should be the sole reason, but they were brought up as part of the problem and you immediately dismissed them. So you did not afford HNC the same logical discussion that you keep asking for.

Also, no one is running our DC out of town. It's actually not our decision. We are just discussing how terrible he is because this is a message board and that's what we do.

It is scheme and personal. Chinander wants to do certain things but he doesn’t really have the personal to do it.

You have to change your scheme some then.

How many times did he bring more than 4 guys on a pass rush? Maybe 6-7 times he sat back in a soft zone most the time and got picked apart.

They stopped the run well that number 1 was running wide open too much. How is Barry or Miller suppose to cover that guy?

Speaking of wide receiver’s how come every other team not named Nebraska or Northwestern has 2-3 receivers that are 6’2” plus and weigh 215.

You can’t tell me these are highly recruited guys. Their receivers And Minnesota’s look the same.

Being a DC is very difficult, especially in today's day and age. Look at Alex Grinch at OU. He was an up and comer at WSU and was leading Oklahoma back defensively this year. His defense was exposed on their gap fits vs. KSU today (much like ours vs. Minnesota) and physicallity. Should they fire him despite their improvement in multiple categories, or give him more time since literally anyone with football knowledge speaks so highly of him and his potential/ability, and soon to be head coaching pedigree?

Geez man, apathy has really set in. Now NU can’t even get a few defensive coaches? I don’t but that. Gotta pay though. Not to mention lots of good young coaches out there who are hungry. I’m not ragging on you, it’s just seemingly, not one person wants to come here? I really don’t buy that. It’s a weak minded thought process. Can’t get players, can’t get coaches. Hell, may as well close up shop and call it good then.

I’m not saying that nobody would want to come to Nebraska, I was more just thinking that, other than Steele, I don’t know who the readily available candidates with ties to NU or SF would be. IMO it’s easier when a school and a HC have an established coaching tree and Nebraska really hasn’t had an established one to go get guys.

I’m not saying that nobody would want to come to Nebraska, I was more just thinking that, other than Steele, I don’t know who the readily available candidates with ties to NU or SF would be. IMO it’s easier when a school and a HC have an established coaching tree and Nebraska really hasn’t had an established one to go get guys.
What about McBride? He's still available right?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back