• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chinander is terrible, imo.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

Believe me I just joined two years ago but was hooked and an addict back in the 90s. I’ve been following this site and Huskerpedia for over 20 years as a lurker.
Too bad you didn't join sooner, you would have gotten a mention from HuskerWeatherman in his tribute thread :)

Too bad you didn't join sooner, you would have gotten a mention from HuskerWeatherman in his tribute thread :)

I found the site while living in Birmingham Alabama in the late 90s. That’s before all the games were on TV and it was so awesome to be able to stream the radio broadcast. I can’t remember what I did for non-televised games prior to that first computer. It was like Christmas morning every fall Saturday. I then started following the different forms and was hooked almost immediately.

I found the site while living in Birmingham Alabama in the late 90s. That’s before all the games were on TV and it was so awesome to be able to stream the radio broadcast. I can’t remember what I did for non-televised games prior to that first computer. It was like Christmas morning every fall Saturday. I then started following the different forms and was hooked almost immediately.
I was on RSFC newsgroups in the late 90s (Ted and Moran can suck it!!) and stumbled across Huskerpedia several years later

That piece of actually fielded some respectable defenses. In a hypothetical world, you'd take Chinander at DC over Pelini? Think long and hard about that one.
Have you seen Suh roaming Chinander's sidelines? Prince? The talent on those few really good defenses the piece had, just isn't here. 408 yards in 3 quarters remind you of anything? I'm not sold that Chin is the answer--who could be? But, I know that the piece isn't.

Last edited:
Have you seen Suh roaming Chinander's sidelines? Prince? The talent on those few really good defenses the piece had, just isn't here. 408 yards in 3 quarters remind you of anything? I'm not sold that Chin is the answer--who could be? But, I know that the piece isn't.
Let me be perfectly clear... I'm not actually suggesting that we should try to get Pelini back. That isn't even plausible in my book.

But.

I'd definitely take any one of his defenses over what we've seen the past 3 years, without a second thought.

Back to the OP, I don't know if Chin is terrible but he certainly doesn't seem to be able to adjust.
No pressure on a QB going off on us.
No adjustment when they are obviously targeting our slow ILB with the under route.
8 games into the second year and you still have players looking around as the ball snaps, not knowing who they are covering.
One player motioning to another as in "get over here and cover this guy!"
A top WR completely left alone wide left with no defender anywhere around as the ball is snapped.
Playing a receiver 10 yards off when they only need five for a first down?

We went into this game figuring we had to win two out of three against Indiana, Purdue, and Maryland to get bowl eligible. Where was the defensive urgency?

Was Chin wearing a hoodie on backwards?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back