• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chinander is terrible, imo.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

I haven't ignored any point you've made. I've addressed them with why I feel his schemes works, along with previous tenures of success. You continue to provide zero evidence of what scheme would work with this. You also keep deflecting the external factors (time of possession/secondary youth/personnel issues that currently exist).

Please review my posts in this thread before continuously spreading ignorance and misinformation. I really would like to discuss this logically but that requires you to uphold your end.

For the record, Chin didn’t go 13-0 by himself. The offense had to quite literally score more points than anyone in America to achieve that. I’m not looking at track meets as the way to win the BIG, much less the West. We had over 500 yds and scored 31 points with QB2 and QB3. Turnovers or not, the defense needs to step it up when freshman QB3 goes out and balls like that. They didn’t.

Depends, are we trying to get him before or after YSU fires him?

Is he trying to get fired on purpose again?

With all the upperclassmen starting on our defense, I thought they would give us a decent Blackshirt defense. Alas. So, next year will be a rebuilding year to replace so many seniors. Any faith on their replacements?

That piece of actually fielded some respectable defenses. In a hypothetical world, you'd take Chinander at DC over Pelini? Think long and hard about that one.
There isn’t much of a difference in terms of product on the field. At least chins isn’t on the sideline having a meltdown

With all the upperclassmen starting on our defense, I thought they would give us a decent Blackshirt defense. Alas. So, next year will be a rebuilding year to replace so many seniors. Any faith on their replacements?
I like to hope next year will be a youth movement. Probably some mistakes (can’t be much more than we have now) but I like to think we’ll have the speed and talent to cover up some of them

There isn’t much of a difference in terms of product on the field. At least chins isn’t on the sideline having a meltdown

I hear what you're saying. However, a little fire from someone on the sideline would be nice to see once in a while.

The same guy was beating us like a drum over and over. It would've been nice to see us try something different to slow that down. Make them adjust and try to beat us with someone else....

I don’t know if chinander needs to go or not but I do believe Frost will do what he needs to do to be successful. He played safety in the nfl, coached on defense. He knows what a defensive coordinator can and can’t control. Frost cares way more about the state of Nebraska and the football program than to stay loyal to a coach that’s not getting it done. If he thinks chinander will get the defense where it needs to be then so do I

I hear what you're saying. However, a little fire from someone on the sideline would be nice to see once in a while.

The same guy was beating us like a drum over and over. It would've been nice to see us try something different to slow that down. Make them adjust and try to beat us with someone else....
That’s exactly what teams did to pelini

That’s exactly what teams did to pelini

I wouldn't argue that it happened to him from time to time. We all have Jet Sweep nightmares....
That said, I can't help but think he would've tried to make someone other than Whop beat us.

I wouldn't argue that it happened to him from time to time. We all have Jet Sweep nightmares....
That said, I can't help but think he would've tried to make someone other than Whop beat us.
I agree. That pissed me off. Reminded me of northwestern last year. I still wouldn’t want him back on the sideline over chinander. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t want to see someone else there either

This is where I don’t understand the strategy. With this season basically a throw-away, why not get the young pups some serious PT? It’s the kind of approach that helps one crappy year become two.

This is where I don’t understand the strategy. With this season basically a throw-away, why not get the young pups some serious PT? It’s the kind of approach that helps one crappy year become two.
I think this happens the last four games. The issue with playing younger guys early is if a starter goes down and said freshman has already played two or three games you’re more than likely to burn their redshirt before the injured starter gets back on the field

They doubled him (at times) and he still beat them. At some point, somebody needs to make a play.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back