• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chinander is terrible, imo.

• Thread starter Deleted member 3570
  • Start date

The last time we had a good D was 2009 an 2010. Mostly Callahan recruits. Get better players and things will dramatically improve. At this point, get a few JC's to fill in the gaps. Such a disaster.
Callahan did not do so well with Cosgrove and HIS recruits

Scheme had nothing to do with this one IMO, Philyor caught 14 passes for 178 yards. It wasn't hard to figure out who they were trying to get the ball to........

Juco can fix some immediate short term issues but not long term. I am not sure HCSF will be any better next year without a change in staff

Callahan did not do so well with Cosgrove and HIS recruits
you are right... Cosgrove was Callahan's undoing here. But guys like Suh, were only sophs when Callahan was fired.

Frost will get the time here, but I'm not sure Chinander is what we need here.

Last edited:

All I am going to add to this is, just like MR was a career .500 coach that's the best he will ever be, Chinander will be right there beside Riley. He hasn't been very good anywhere he's been, and he's not very good in Lincoln. I think and believe that Frost needs to cut ties with EC and bring in a new DC. Who that DC could possibly, I have no idea. Our D is simply clueless and I don't see it getting any better with Chin at the helm. JMHO

Pretty easy day with no pressure and no adjustments to take his number one target away from him.
They tried, we just didn't have anyone who can match-up. IMO Bootle would be the closest/best matchup, but bootle is a boundary corner and they motioned/adjusted to isolate #1 in favorable matchups (on a safety/linebacker). We went zone, man etc but those only work when your linebackers have the ability to punish the WR for crossing into their zone (which require them to get appropriate depth which is something all of our linebackers struggle with in zone) or go man coverage and have a backer/safety who can take him away. On one of his bigger plays we had Lee and Dismuke double him and he still got separation. Not much else you can do schematically for that one other than try and contain everything else.

Thats why you bracket a receiver and play them hi and lo
We tried but didn't have the athletes to stick to him on his cuts. Kudos to the kid as he took a couple shots and kept coming back for more but their coaches were right, he was a mismatch on anyone we threw his way, even when double covered

This is fracking pathetic. I'm losing faith really fast that this offensive system is gonna work in this conference as well. Enough sunshine pumping from me. We look so clueless. Unreal! Just flat out unreal.
Is this where people are supposed to tell you to go crawl back into your hole? What a difference 24 hrs makes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back