• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Bo understands

Status
Not open for further replies.

I assure you I'm cool as a cucumber heh.

Back then we had less then four losses, and play less games as well. We also played many less physical games and simply out matched teams. Pretty sure Bo would be doing better (not as great as TO) but much better if had the competitive advantages (as in the strength training edge) that TO had. My point is that there is give and take.

So, if you dont care about "pleasing the masses" or your message, why even post? What is the point if you don't care what anyone thinks? I guess, my view is, you should take the same approach as the Huskers: Try and get better at what you do (and that includes making more meaningful, impactful and articulate posts)

Again, this isn't some personal attack even though, as usual you are taking that approach. I just know you have a lot of information and understanding of the program and are capable of really informing people and sharing what you know if you don't get off track with your singleminded spite of Bo.

He said luck... and that means he understands that he is luckier than most???? I suppose we could fire him and get someone that has less luck??? Or are you saying you are in favor of keeping him now that you know he has karma on his side???
;)

I didn't say that Bo said he was the luckier than most...why don't you just argue the things I have said instead of making things up? I doubt that Bo thinks of himself as being all that lucky, but obviously he knows that this season has been loaded with luck...Husker Magic. That said, I believe Bo is the luckiest coach I have ever seen.

I

Last edited:
Yes, Bo is the "luckiest man alive." What fools would dismiss such a revelation? :rolleyes:

Many of you dismiss it, but we have one of the luckiest men alive as our coach. Not just this year, although this season has been repleat with a near overdose of luck.

Maybe we can ride that luck to a BIG and Rose Bowl title! Bo knows it...and it isn't often that a man of few words that normally mentions only things like execution and hard work as the reasons for winning, but here you are:

http://sports.omaha.com/2012/11/25/big-ten-championship-bo-bielema-talk-title-game/

Sounds to me like if we lose, it's because the coach sucks, but if we win, it's because the coach is lucky. :confused: :wow: :banghead:

I assure you I'm cool as a cucumber heh.

Back then we had less then four losses, and play less games as well. We also played many less physical games and simply out matched teams. Pretty sure Bo would be doing better (not as great as TO) but much better if had the competitive advantages (as in the strength training edge) that TO had. My point is that there is give and take.

So, if you dont care about "pleasing the masses" or your message, why even post? What is the point if you don't care what anyone thinks? I guess, my view is, you should take the same approach as the Huskers: Try and get better at what you do (and that includes making more meaningful, impactful and articulate posts)

Again, this isn't some personal attack even though, as usual you are taking that approach. I just know you have a lot of information and understanding of the program and are capable of really informing people and sharing what you know if you don't get off track with your singleminded spite of Bo.

I'll ignore your dismissal of the early accomplishments of TO as somehow being easy because we invented weight training, or were in an easy league or whatever other nonsense you want to rationalize for our great success.

Why do I post? Good question...probably too much time on my hands coupled with a desire to help others understand the history and state of the program. There is far too much incorrect information posted here. As I love the program, I hate seeing it misrepresented.

There is no "spite of Bo." I simply think he is not capable of doing the job that needs to be done. That said, I could be wrong and Bo's teams could start winning championships, losing fewer than 4 games per year, and start showing up to games as though they are ready to play football. That's about all I ask.

OK... We all know that "luck" is not a real, tangible thing right? Only a perception... To attribute any real world result to "luck" is just ignorance personified. Excuse me while I go check the goat intestines to see if we will win this weekend..

Oh how I pray that no one out here is looking to you for education on the history of our program. Only a few posts ago, you said, "... No one was on TO back then..." Please educate us. Why do you suppose TO considered taking the Colorado job?

Bo has already won or shared four championships at NU. Three in the Big XII and one in the B1G. Not bad in five years and he is not done with the fifth year yet.

Oh how I pray that no one out here is looking to you for education on the history of our program. Only a few posts ago, you said, "... No one was on TO back then..." Please educate us. Why do you suppose TO considered taking the Colorado job?

I will educate you. First, it is not nice to misquote someone. Here's what I actually said:

No one that knew anything about football was on TO for those games.
(NOTE: this was referring to OU-NU games in the 70's.)

Now, the reason TO may have considered leaving for Colorado was likely "multiple."

-Being the HC at NU is stressful even when you are highly successful.
-CU called him and TO probably respected Eddie Crowder and wanted to hear him out.
-CU likely offered him more money
-Weather in Boulder, better than Lincoln.
-Easier to recruit to Colorado? Maybe.

There could be more reasons. But guess what? He didn't go. And, they never fired Devaney despite all those petitions out there, LOL. Wake up...no more revisionist history.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back